Roof Rack + Snorkel = Overland?

If you can believe it, this used to be a paved road where regular cars used to drive on...

main.php

Show off. We all know you threw that whale into reverse right after you took that pic. :cheesy: ;)

I think after seeing this and reading what you wrote, I don't think anyone can say anything more! :thumb:

If you can believe it, this used to be a paved road where regular cars used to drive on...

main.php

You do know that Wayolife and Bleedbeat are verifiable "photoshop experts", I smell a hoax here. There is no way a jeep (Moby) navigated that obstacle.....;)

Is a two wheel drive jk acceptable as an overlander Greg, if driven by a qualified person of great skill level??

Is a two wheel drive jk acceptable as an overlander Greg, if driven by a qualified person of great skill level??

Hells yeah! Another 2wd example is the Ford Escape rental 'SUV' I was in last week. It saw quite a bit of "overlanding" at my organizations offroad mobility training area in the woods of Virginia. By the way, if you happen to rent a metallic grey Ford Escape with Maryland tags, you may suddenly experience brake failure due to excessive pad wear during the vehicles first 1000 miles :blush:

main.php

Granted, this is a really old route that hasn't been used by cars in years but, it only takes one big storm to tear out a road or trail and make it next to impassible in anything but the most capable Jeep. Over the years, I have come across many such instances where the trail ahead should have been relatively easy to navigate but was unexpectedly, anything but. And, because of this, I have built up my Jeep accordingly. Again, I can go anywhere an overland Jeep can go but, an overland Jeep cannot go where I can go. :yup:

I agree totally that Moby and other built Jeep will go anywhere a over lander will go but an over lander can't go everywhere a crawler goes.

Hells yeah! Another 2wd example is the Ford Escape rental 'SUV' I was in last week. It saw quite a bit of "overlanding" at my organizations offroad mobility training area in the woods of Virginia. By the way, if you happen to rent a metallic grey Ford Escape with Maryland tags, you may suddenly experience brake failure due to excessive pad wear during the vehicles first 1000 miles :blush:

Haha that's funny because my wife already has a 2wd escape. So I guess besides the jeep, I have a fully equipped escapalander that has not let me down yet. I've barrelled through 4 inches of snow in it, and even the dirt trails. It's a machine for sure! :beer:

Last edited:
Haha that's funny because my wife already has a 2wd escape. So I guess besides the jeep, I have a fully equipped escapalander that has not let me down yet. I've barrelled through 4 inches of snow in it, and even the dirt trails. It's a machine for sure! :beer:

Haha! That is funny, an escapalander! I dig all the new Ford line up of "landers", lately I have rented the Fiestalander, the Focuslander and the Fusionlander too. Seriously, I do like them and drive them like a "rental" on a closed course at an undisclosed location.

Haha! That is funny, an escapalander! I dig all the new Ford line up of "landers", lately I have rented the Fiestalander, the Focuslander and the Fusionlander too. Seriously, I do like them and drive them like a "rental" on a closed course at an undisclosed location.

Sadly hers is an 05, but it's still an escapalander. She prefers to take it to the mall.. I like to test it!
Don't forget the raptorlander also.. I would like one of those over an escape any day.

Oh ya, I bet Moby cant do this.
how bout that MPG. lol wait mine cant either..:bleh::bleh:

pentastar-jk-mileage_zpsafdf49dd.jpg

:cheesy::cheesy:2500 miles. Talk to me after a couple wheeln trips and I know it wont be that. Funny, I knew it came with cruise control, but didn't know anyone actually used it. :crazyeyes: I got mine up to 21+ on a summer road trip to Bryce/Zion/Sedona this past summer. Now I'm at about 15mpg with 9k, all overland mile. ;) I go overland to mall, overland to drop kids at school, overland to SNG, overland for wheelin trips, and overland to.....guess I need more fwy miles. :doh:

:cheesy::cheesy:2500 miles. Talk to me after a couple wheeln trips and I know it wont be that. Funny, I knew it came with cruise control, but didn't know anyone actually used it. :crazyeyes: I got mine up to 21+ on a summer road trip to Bryce/Zion/Sedona this past summer. Now I'm at about 15mpg with 9k, all overland mile. ;) I go overland to mall, overland to drop kids at school, overland to SNG, overland for wheelin trips, and overland to.....guess I need more fwy miles. :doh:

Lol notice I said mine cant either. I saw this pic in another thread and thought It would be funny to post it. This guy actually posted complaining that his brand new jeep is only getting 23mpg :crazyeyes:

After 23 pages on the full blown HTML site, or 45 pages on the iPad app, or 675 posts (this one), I just can't remember if I posted this of EVO1 from many years ago. Possibly the ultimate way to show off your new roof top tent

Attachments

• image-3286198377.jpg
    image-3286198377.jpg
    251.7 KB · Views: 126
  • image-1952859288.jpg
    image-1952859288.jpg
    280.1 KB · Views: 127
  • image-2606039734.jpg
    image-2606039734.jpg
    207.6 KB · Views: 123
Last edited:
After 23 pages on the full blown HTML site, or 45 pages on the iPad app, or 675 posts (this one), I just can't remember if I posted this of EVO1 from many years ago. Possibly the ultimate way to show off your new roof top tent

Holy Shit. Forget a soft top, might as well make the space usable and throw a tent up there! Sweet jk, Although I dont think I have ever seen the EVO jeeps with tops on!

You must have received every TV channel on that rig. 📡📡📡📡 Oh, what......wait....those are lights. ☀☀☀☀

There's never a dull moment with Gregor the Overlander! 👍:honey:

WAYALIFE APP 🍺

You must have received every TV channel on that rig.  Oh, what......wait....those are lights. ☀☀☀☀

This makes much more sense when viewed on mobile/iPad. Econs don't show on desktop.

I don't guess you have any trouble seeing where your going at night... Those lights on your roof rack are huge! :crazyeyes:

I always thought it would be cool to have a tent for the roof rack but I have so many other things I want to spend the money on.

Have you slept in it yet?

Top Bottom