RIPP header on 2dr

Edwrds

Caught the Bug
You're asking about modifying a Jeep because you want to run headers, and you're criticizing another member for driving an automatic? Wow. I have no words.

By the way, as far as the resonator that you asked about earlier, I think installing this in its place will be the best solution for you:

View attachment 304171

Now he is going to ask if it comes in different colors. See what you started. [emoji51]

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

tflatt281

ripp headers

any one have experience with the ripp headers? i mean real first hand experience. yeah i know there not going to turn my 3.8 into a super car just looking to pull a little more power and maybe another 1-2 MPGs out. im pretty well sold on them iv looked at the dyno sheets and its pretty decent, there is definitely a difference according to the sheet, but may main issue is fitment. i have a 2 dr and iv seen a few people complain about not being able to fit the resonator in or having to do some mods to it to make it fit but they did not include pictures or how they modified it to make it fit. im trying to run the headers, resonator and my magnaflow muffler i already have. if any one can shed some light on it please do.

Last edited:

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
any one have experience with the ripp headers? i mean real first hand experience. yeah i know there not going to turn my 3.8 into a super car just looking to pull a little more power and maybe another 1-2 MPGs out. im pretty well sold on them iv looked at the dyno sheets and its pretty decent, there is definitely a difference according to the sheet, but may main issue is fitment. i have a 2 dr and iv seen a few people complain about not being able to fit the resonator in or having to do some mods to it to make it fit but they did not include pictures or how they modified it to make it fit. im trying to run the headers, resonator and my magnaflow muffler i already have. if any one can shed some light on it please do.

Since you already started a thread on this subject, your new thread on it was moved here.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass

Yes they are garbage. Get hot as fuck and burn shit in the engine bay causing everything to go to hell.

And 1-2mpg? Do you seriously think that is real? You are a fucking retard if you think that’s true.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
i guess dyno sheets lie then right and people with first hand experience lie also mhmm, asshole

How the fuck is a dunk sheet showing mpg retard? Someone asshole that spends $1500 on some fucking headers isn’t going to say they are shit. Of course you’ll get positive feedback. You already have your mind made up so get the fucking headers and fuck off already.

jesse3638

Hooked
Here is some math. Assumimg you're getting15mpg. Here in CA you're spending 3.50 a gallon which is approx 23 cents a mile. Say you get a 2 mpg increase now you're spending 21 cents a mile. You have a tank which is 18.6 gallons. So you'd be saving 36 cents a fill up (if you run until completely empty). $1500/.36 = 4167 fill ups to realize the cost savings, great idea! Sounds like a Ripp off to me, but it's you're money though.

Edit: Made a mistake. My previous statement reflected per mile savings not per tank. 17mpg x 18 = 300 miles per tank. You'd be saving approximately $6 a fill up. 1500/6=250 fill ups. Not sure how many times a month you fill up let's say 5 for easy math. At that rate it'd take 50 months to break even. Just over 4 years. More food for though.

Sent from my 2PYB2 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

MTG

Caught the Bug
You're asking about modifying a Jeep because you want to run headers, and you're criticizing another member for driving an automatic? Wow. I have no words.

By the way, as far as the resonator that you asked about earlier, I think installing this in its place will be the best solution for you:

View attachment 304171

Link please?

*asking for a friend.

Zstairlessone

Here is some math. Assumimg you're getting15mpg. Here in CA you're spending 3.50 a gallon which is approx 23 cents a mile. Say you get a 2 mpg increase now you're spending 21 cents a mile. You have a tank which is 18.6 gallons. So you'd be saving 36 cents a fill up (if you run until completely empty). $1500/.36 = 4167 fill ups to realize the cost savings, great idea! Sounds like a Ripp off to me, but it's you're money though.

Edit: Made a mistake. My previous statement reflected per mile savings not per tank. 17mpg x 18 = 300 miles per tank. You'd be saving approximately $6 a fill up. 1500/6=250 fill ups. Not sure how many times a month you fill up let's say 5 for easy math. At that rate it'd take 50 months to break even. Just over 4 years. More food for though.

Sent from my 2PYB2 using WAYALIFE mobile app

I don’t think the OP said the headers were for MPG, only small HP gains. If they pick up 25 HP it would be in line with full length headers on old 145-250 HP engines so not an unreasonable expectation.

The engine bay is pretty jacked on these things, and heat control is enough of an issue that many members have cut their hoods to put slotted panels for removing the hot air so installing long tubes without coating or taping them is probably a bad idea.

To get real benefit from the headers the exhaust and injection maps need to be changed and possibly the throttle body. The idea is to get more fuel and air into the engine and more used fuel and air (exhaust) out of the engine.

Top Bottom