regrets?

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
a few of my girlfriends....and the house I bought.....oh wait jeep purchases.

Front and rear adjustable trackbars, should have just gotten the brackets and stayed with oem
Teraflex 2.5" lift ( swapped over to plush rides so wish I would have just gotten the enforcer in the beggining)
Hella Lights ( should have just gotten led in the beginning)
Hi-lift jack (heavy and never gets used or really even works)
Jack mount (waste of money since I upgraded to a genright carrier)
Strike force half doors (loved them, but wanted uppers and they didnt have any at the time)

Also not ordering my jk with half doors and probably should have gotten a 4 door instead.

i have a 4 door, got 3 kids and a wife, but if i could, i'd like a 2 door! i really like the stretched 2 doors. good to know on the hi lift. i still haven't got one. thinking of the aev jack base or a hi lift.

Kenny-g

Caught the Bug
So far I don't have any regrets with purchases but I've nly had my JK for a year and have gotten good deals on everything thus far. My only real regret is not waiting a little longer until I could afford a nice used '12 or newer JKU. I miss having a lot of cargo room/rear leg room. Otherwise, my purchases haven't been too rash or anything.

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
i have a 4 door, got 3 kids and a wife, but if i could, i'd like a 2 door! i really like the stretched 2 doors. good to know on the hi lift. i still haven't got one. thinking of the aev jack base or a hi lift.

hi-lift was ordered while waiting for my dealer to find my jeep. I thought I "needed" it. If you run it all the time like I do, it gets rusty and hard to use.

I dont really have anything against the 2 door, other than once and a while when I want to drive and there are multiple people its a pain, or when friends want to tag along when I go offroad but its kinda nice saying, well I only have one seat lol.

Kenny-g

Caught the Bug
I dont really have anything against the 2 door, other than once and a while when I want to drive and there are multiple people its a pain, or when friends want to tag along when I go offroad but its kinda nice saying, well I only have one seat lol.

Lol same here but I have to give two knuckleheads a ride to and from work so I don't have that excuse haha I could be a douche and say "nope only one of you" or "nah start walkin" but that's just not me lol and no they don't ever give me gas money........

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
Lol same here but I have to give two knuckleheads a ride to and from work so I don't have that excuse haha I could be a douche and say "nope only one of you" or "nah start walkin" but that's just not me lol and no they don't ever give me gas money........

I should add grocery shopping or normal things like that Id love to just be able to open the back door and throw the stuff in, but I think thats more to my tire carrier being annoying to open, but that was also my fault lol.

MICP3309

The GOBI roof rack.. used it twice on camping / expedition trips.. but was 60lbs too top heavy to wheel with. So now its in the garage and up for sale! Swapping for a M101 trailer!

TrailBear

I refer talking the wife out of a rubicon, I didn't think at the time I would be taking it over 6 months later!

H8MUD

That's why I got the two door. If my kids were still home I would've got a 4-door. With them being being grown up, prefer the two door.

turbineguy

I regret not trying harder to migrate from Australia to the US, I would love to live in the US but it really hard for a family to migrate, in fact it is nearly impossible unless you can get sponsorship by a big company, but If the opportunity unity arose I would give it a go, and then buying my JK over there. Not exactly a regret with my jeep, but it's jeep related.

Vacation to Mexico. Trip across border. Amnesty. Done. And we have Obamacare for you as well.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using WAYALIFE mobile app

davantalus

Only one regret (kinda) so far making the back harder to open? Nobody else regrets adding steps to get into the back?

JKWrang

Getting 31s (from 29s) when I was a super noob to Jeeping. Man 35s look so good and I still have so much tread left....

Sent via secret squirrel underground network.

Last edited:

GCM 2

Only one regret (kinda) so far making the back harder to open? Nobody else regrets adding steps to get into the back?

Steps? Like steps attached to the rocksliders/rails to help getting into the rear doors of a four door? Or steps attached to the rear bumper to help get into the cargo area?

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Steps? Like steps attached to the rocksliders/rails to help getting into the rear doors of a four door? Or steps attached to the rear bumper to help get into the cargo area?

Maybe he is talking about tire carriers. Steps as in, do this before you can do that. :idon'tknow:

David1tontj

hi-lift was ordered while waiting for my dealer to find my jeep. I thought I "needed" it. If you run it all the time like I do, it gets rusty and hard to use.

I don't even attempt to use mine without first dousing it in wd-40! But I'm totally with you on almost never using it.. If I try to change a tire with it, I have to strap my axle to the frame or it just flexes out and doesn't lift the tire..

My ride- 2001 power wheel, 11" plastic tires, upgraded battery, boat sides, custom bumpers, tow hooks, new paint.

JKWrang

I don't even attempt to use mine without first dousing it in wd-40! But I'm totally with you on almost never using it.. If I try to change a tire with it, I have to strap my axle to the frame or it just flexes out and doesn't lift the tire..

My ride- 2001 power wheel, 11" plastic tires, upgraded battery, boat sides, custom bumpers, tow hooks, new paint.

Thats actually really funny. I hadn't thought of that unintended consequence of lifting and flexing LOL

David1tontj

Thats actually really funny. I hadn't thought of that unintended consequence of lifting and flexing LOL

It wasn't bad in my old fj40, but the Tj is way too flexy to use a high lift without strapping the axle to the frame..

Panda

I regret getting 33's & not 35's some stupid unnamed 4wd shop said they'd rub with my 2.5 lift :( shuda been on wayalife sooner but no regrets on getting a 2dr every time I drive her 4dr I love my panda even more, nothing like making a u turn in the driveway!

Sent from bad apples...

Top Bottom