Rebel off-road coilover kit ?

JK's JK

Banned
When coilovers are being used, that is the lift. The coilovers are what is used to set the ride height, or lift, which determines the overall height of the jeep. Rebel's coilovers when adjusted to their lowest possible ride height, still yield what is wide considered a very tall lift by todays standards. Thus the reference by Wayoflife for the 1980's lift look

I guess I should re-Fraze the question. When Im talking lift, I mean like Teraflex lift, EVO lift, Rancho lift. Eddie was talking about how there coil overs dont flex that much, does that account for the lifts there running? The ride height on a normal suspension height 4-4.75"? What are they running at?

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
full rebel bolt on is 4800 bucks.
evo full bolt on kit is 4100 bucks
evo front bolt on and rear with the evo lever is 4950 bucks.
just throwing some prices out there.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Is the argument with there lifts or coil overs? Got to look at there company for the first time and seems they run the same shocks...Kings. Not sure where EVO's brackets sit on the frame but I would assume it's closer in than rebals rear setup. I'm not worried about the exhaust since I have the Dynamax low flow. I do not like there 14" setup having to go through the cab.

When coilovers are being used, that is the lift. The coilovers are what is used to set the ride height, or lift, which determines the overall height of the jeep. Rebel's coilovers when adjusted to their lowest possible ride height, still yield what is wide considered a very tall lift by todays standards.

What Greg said^^^^

Thus the reference by Wayoflife for the 1980's lift look

Not that there was anything wrong with that or color matched shock boots back then - just sayin :blush:

Would a taller tire, such as a 37 or 40 lessen that 80's looks?

Find me one pic of a JK with Rebel coil overs that is running anything less than a 37" tire. Again, at it's LOWEST POSSIBLE setting, the Rebel coil overs will have your Jeep sitting nose bleed high and really, if that's the look you're after, it might be the kit for you.

I guess I should re-Fraze the question. When Im talking lift, I mean like Teraflex lift, EVO lift, Rancho lift. Eddie was talking about how there coil overs dont flex that much, does that account for the lifts there running? The ride height on a normal suspension height 4-4.75"? What are they running at?

Again, the coil overs ARE your lift. Instead of using a standard coil to give you said lift, the coil overs will give you the same only, they are adjustable and have shocks built into them. If a normal suspension offers 4-4.75" of lift with standard coils, you can set your coil overs to give you the same.

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
i'm really considering going with the evo bolt on coil over. it would be nice to adjust for bumper, winch weight. also don't have to worry about springs coming unseated.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
i'm really considering going with the evo bolt on coil over. it would be nice to adjust for bumper, winch weight. also don't have to worry about springs coming unseated.

Being that it's bolt on kit, reversible, allows you to keep your stock muffler, offers 12" of true vertical travel up front and 11.25" in the rear (about 2" more than Rebel) and costs LESS then the competition, I really think it's a no brainer decision when it comes to coil overs for a JK. Of course, if you want something even better, EVO also offers their DTD and really, there's nothing out there that even comes close.

Charlie Mike

I'm running the EVO Bolt-on coilovers front & rear. This March will be my 1 year anniversary with them on my rig. The performance of this kit has more than exceeded my expectations on several occasions. (Although I would never do this seriously), sometimes I swear if I had a really good spotter I trust, I could do some rock crawling blinded folded. lol. It feels like cheating sometimes. I have so much confidence in my rig now, sometimes I'm kind of scared this over confidence will get me screwed eventually. But so far, so good. :thumb:

Devallee

Don't mean to hijack, but is it possible to get the evolever with just coil overs, then add the bypasses later to complete the DTD? And same question for the front...

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Don't mean to hijack, but is it possible to get the evolever with just coil overs, then add the bypasses later to complete the DTD? And same question for the front...

Absolutely. It's how we got started on Moby. In fact, we only added bypass shocks about a year and a half ago. We hope to install an EVO lever with just single coil over on Rubicat soon as well.

Devallee

Absolutely. It's how we got started on Moby. In fact, we only added bypass shocks about a year and a half ago. We hope to install an EVO lever with just single coil over on Rubicat soon as well.

Perfect! I'm planning to go to coil overs but I like to drive fast and plan on building my jeep around more speed stuff so I like knowing I can add the bypasses afterwords if I feel they're necessary

GCM 2

Would a taller tire, such as a 37 or 40 lessen that 80's looks?

We Are Jeep..Resistance Is Futile..

A tall lift that gives you a higher center of gravity is still going to be a tall lift, no matter what size tire you have filling the wheel wells. It may look more proportional with a larger tire, but you are still going to be sitting way up there.

RanchoRubi

Caught the Bug

Hmmm. Eddie, I'm running the EVO bolt ons f and r with short arms. If I convert the rear to lever like you mention above, do I have to go long arm as well?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Hmmm. Eddie, I'm running the EVO bolt ons f and r with short arms. If I convert the rear to lever like you mention above, do I have to go long arm as well?

Nope. When we first had an EVO lever installed on Moby, we did it with a short arm kit installed.

full rebel bolt on is 4800 bucks.
evo full bolt on kit is 4100 bucks
evo front bolt on and rear with the evo lever is 4950 bucks.
just throwing some prices out there.

2 quick questions.. First, does the price for the Evo kit include the bump stops? And is the install the same or easier than the Rebel kit from a shadetree, no garage having standpoint? The new info on this thread sortof has me changing my position on brands ( got me again, Eddie:banghead: )

Atch

2 quick questions.. First, does the price for the Evo kit include the bump stops? And is the install the same or easier than the Rebel kit from a shadetree, no garage having standpoint? The new info on this thread sortof has me changing my position on brands ( got me again, Eddie:banghead: )

Yes it includes bumpstops, NOT the air bumps if that's what you're asking about. The EVO kit is fairly simple & straight forward if you are mechanically inclined. It's mainly bolt on but there is some drilling and cutting involved.

JK's JK

Banned

:cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

Yes it includes bumpstops, NOT the air bumps if that's what you're asking about. The EVO kit is fairly simple & straight forward if you are mechanically inclined. It's mainly bolt on but there is some drilling and cutting involved.

As mentioned, the install is fairly simple and straight forward. Again, if you decided at a later date you wanted to go back to stock, you can. Also, I should remind you again that the EVO bolt on coil over kit is more affordable AND will actually give you MORE vertical travel.

Air bumps aren't really necessary unless you're doing fast desert stuff, correct?

Correct, air bumps are not necessary at all. If you do a lot of fast hard driving in the desert, they are just highly desirable to have.

Brewman

Dibs on the used bolt on kit!!!!

Just kidding.

Top Bottom