RCC's Gladiator Build

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I am on the fence as to what to do about repairing it. I really enjoy the functionality of having a bed but the length is problematic sometimes as I am sure you know. So I am trying to decide if I repair it or I bob the bed around 6-8 inches. Bobbing it seems like a bad idea because it would only help with about 10% of the off-roading we do.
Yup, the length can be a pain to deal with for sure but for me, 10% seems generous and hard for me to justify. If anything, there are times I wish my bed were longer. For that, I personally am happy to keep things as is.

Reactions: RCC

RCC

Recently was working on trying to figure out a good solution for a license plate light after going to the Evo stubby bumper. They make a really nice bracket that folds with the tailgate but I found it impossible to install lights without them hitting the bumper. Fortunately I own a CNC plasma table so I made a solution.

B8B3ABD6-81B0-40A9-90D5-1F1C66E2B881.jpeg BD529EDA-9823-4F84-BA06-A9E0FA2DB40A.jpeg D0BEF509-E983-4B8C-85A7-5FCC13DDC72C.jpeg D6F49251-893A-4F17-8401-686AFFDE6BD6.jpeg 7ABD2E62-319E-4822-A8EE-EA3665EC8E22.jpeg

And yes the wire for the light has been secured. 😃

RCC

Hey for your build what did you do to run a trans/oil pan skid after your hemi conversion.

Nothing was done. It’s been wheeled for almost a year with no issues. That being said I’m hoping to get a skid plate to protect the oil pan while it is getting the rear suspension done.

Last edited:

Lperdue

Nothing was done. It’s been wheeled for almost a year with no issues. That being said I’m hoping to get a skid plate to protect the oil pan while it is getting the rear suspension done.
Ok thanks for the info. If you get a chance can you take some pics of how they got a skid to work.

RCC

What was the purpose of all that frame work?

To allow the shocks to tilt in at the top and gain some more clearance at full articulation. Frame and Evo shock brackets were modified to make more clearance.

Last edited:
Top Bottom