RAUSCH CREEK TRIP 10/26-10/27 (GREENS/BLUES with a touch of BLACKS)

ScottC

This thread is out of control...I thought I would see a lot of you guys Saturday at quadretec....but I saw no one.....where were you all at ...I was there from 7 till. 4 and are we wheeling the 19th, wheel spacers , seats , cb's, tires,lifts,cults, you guys have surely covered it all in this thread

Participate in life

I was extremely tempted to go; but, the combination of the 6-7 hour round trip, homework, and the possible DC Trucker protest all kept me home. That, and I'm pretty sure I would have blown all of my money. Had any one of those three factors not been in play, I would probably have gone.

Next time...

bl17z90

No, I am pretty sure you won't need a spacer for your spare.

Ok let me change that. With 35's and stock rims I did need a spacer. My assumption is that Tom has the same rims as me so thats why I say he needs a spare tire spacer if he keeps the stock bumper on

Sent from my phone?

Tackerdown

Banned
I beleive your tires will rub the rear sway links if you don't have rear spacers.

Oh and you need a spare tire spacer too

Sent from my phone?
Forgot about the spare
No, I am pretty sure you won't need a spacer for your spare.
Good
with the wider tire on the stock rim you MIGHT need it. chances are tho that you are right and that it is not needed at all. always good tho throw a disclaimer out there just in case
Lol thing aren't looking good anymore :)
This thread is out of control...I thought I would see a lot of you guys Saturday at quadretec....but I saw no one.....where were you all at ...I was there from 7 till. 4 and are we wheeling the 19th, wheel spacers , seats , cb's, tires,lifts,cults, you guys have surely covered it all in this thread

Participate in life
we left out instructions on how to play tiddly winks and I had a buddy get my spacers from there 120 for four couldn't pass it up. We were going to go but ended up getting a front and rear axle for my youngest and some bead locks.

Ok let me change that. With 35's and stock rims I did need a spacer. My assumption is that Tom has the same rims as me so thats why I say he needs a spare tire spacer if he keeps the stock bumper on

Sent from my phone?

Damn back ti square one

Tom

Aeraun

I never did, and no problems. I have a 3' and now my antenna is held in place by my spare along with the bracket :twocents:

I also didn't get one but should I? What exactly does it do? Just makes sure the antenna doesn't move as much?

concarne

I also didn't get one but should I? What exactly does it do? Just makes sure the antenna doesn't move as much?

I think it makes it move more. Allowing to whip around without snapping your mounts. That's my interpretation. But with that said, if you ride with a hard top, painted, then it may whip into it if you brush against lower clearance. That's my interpretation.

I do ride with my painted top the majority of the time. So I'm not sure if it would benefit me. But at the same time these are small odds

JKWrang

Gives the antenna flex at the base to help prevent breaks if the antenna shaft is caught up on an obstacle. Upside is the antenna won't snap off at the base. Downside is it whips around if abused.

I run one and during daily use its perfect. I like it

Sent from my phone while I should probably be getting work done

Aeraun

Hmmm thanks for all the info. Not sure I want it whipping around like that. My hardtop is also painted. Maybe I'll just rig a tie down or something.

ScottC

Hmmm thanks for all the info. Not sure I want it whipping around like that. My hardtop is also painted. Maybe I'll just rig a tie down or something.

It is a rigid spring, so there is not a lot of 'whipping around'. I have one, so you all can check it out at RC and make your decision then. It takes all of 30 seconds to add it if you decide you want one. It is a nice insurance policy for your antenna, especially if you drive around in DC area parking garages.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
i have a spring on mine. helps a lot when your antenna is talled than 7 feet and your trying to fit in the parking garage

JKWrang

Yea I have a 4' antenna with the spring and it stands pretty damn tall off of my tail gate/spare mount.

Sent from my phone while I should probably be getting work done

Aeraun

It is a rigid spring, so there is not a lot of 'whipping around'. I have one, so you all can check it out at RC and make your decision then. It takes all of 30 seconds to add it if you decide you want one. It is a nice insurance policy for your antenna, especially if you drive around in DC area parking garages.

Alright cool, thank you sir

bl17z90

Marks swings all over the place, to the point where he ties it down. I actually want to switch to a shorter antenna, similar in size to KP's

Sent from my phone?

KPM171

I broke a couple K4 Antenna stud mounts before I got off my a$$ and picked up an antenna spring. Then again, I run a 2' antenna that doesn't have much flex. The shorter your antenna is, the more you need an antenna spring imho. If you run Army_Vet's 40' antenna that hits 3 Jeeps behind you, you prolly don't need one. :bleh:

Top Bottom