RAUSCH CREEK TRIP 10/26-10/27 (GREENS/BLUES with a touch of BLACKS)

ScottC

I know, I was thinking I was making it up but Dee said how it felt in the passenger seat lol.

JKMadness hooked me up

OK, I would say I don't want to hijack the thread, but who knows what we are actually talking about anymore LOL. OK, I freely admit this is a dumb question. What kind of a difference do the spacers make? Is it a "smoother" ride? Is it more than just looks? I'm debating getting 4 of these things, but I just don't know exactly what they do or if they are worth the money.

Any assistance is greatly appreciated!

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
OK, I would say I don't want to hijack the thread, but who knows what we are actually talking about anymore LOL. OK, I freely admit this is a dumb question. What kind of a difference do the spacers make? Is it a "smoother" ride? Is it more than just looks? I'm debating getting 4 of these things, but I just don't know exactly what they do or if they are worth the money.

Any assistance is greatly appreciated!

They help widen the stance of the jeep for looks. Also when running a larger tire and the stock rims it helps with back spacing to insure there is no rubbing at full turn. Also spacer like the spidertrax wheel spacer are bolted right to the factory lug. This issuers that the lug is not a weak point. If you buy "shim" spacer from pep boys that will weaken the lug.

Sent from my iPhone

bl17z90

A woder stance will make you more stable in off camber situations as well.

On the road it will helpfull with stability also.

Sent from my phone?

JKWrang

Yea, which means not only does your Jeep look sexy, but it is functionally sexy. It's kind of funny how that works...

Functional bad assery seems to just look sexier. :thumb:

KPM171

Oh god... Not the spacer discussion! :doh:

Spacers push out the wheel giving you the feel of backspace with out having to swap out for new wheels. They are handy when you want to run a larger (wider) tire on your OEM wheel after you put on any kind of lift on your rig. For example, I ran SpiderTrax on the TJ w/ the canyon wheel and a 33x11.50r15 to prevent any rubbing at full lock. I thought they worked really great and never had a problem after many years. On the JK, I swapped out the OEM RUBI wheels instead.

ScottC

Yea, which means not only does your Jeep look sexy, but it is functionally sexy. It's kind of funny how that works...

Functional bad assery seems to just look sexier. :thumb:

So what you are saying is...I need to get some spacers so I can adopt the theme song, "Too Sexy". Done and done.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Not at all. Just against spacer discussions which I've noticed tend to get heated and never end. :twocents:

I don't think it has ever gotten heated. The only time is when that one guy started bashing Eddie and Sharkey about them lol. Other than that it's either you need them for factory wheels or aftermarket wheels that don't have enough back spacing or you don't cause you got a 4.5 back spacing wheel or less

Sent from my iPhone

Tackerdown

Banned
I don't think it has ever gotten heated. The only time is when that one guy started bashing Eddie and Sharkey about them lol. Other than that it's either you need them for factory wheels or aftermarket wheels that don't have enough back spacing or you don't cause you got a 4.5 back spacing wheel or less

Sent from my iPhone

Was that the one about the materials used with the metallurgist

Tom

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
lol thats why I got them but you can use that theme song.

Well I gues it's unanimous but I should add to what coz and kp said and correct me if im wrong. doesn't it prevent rubbing of the rear track bar also?

Tom

I have never heard of it rubbing the rear bar tom BUT it doesn't mean that it does help prevent it. Only reason I would add the rear is to keep the stance even. But like I said I'm sure it helps

Sent from my iPhone

bl17z90

I beleive your tires will rub the rear sway links if you don't have rear spacers.

Oh and you need a spare tire spacer too

Sent from my phone?

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
No, I am pretty sure you won't need a spacer for your spare.

with the wider tire on the stock rim you MIGHT need it. chances are tho that you are right and that it is not needed at all. always good tho throw a disclaimer out there just in case

Veetz

This thread is out of control...I thought I would see a lot of you guys Saturday at quadretec....but I saw no one.....where were you all at ...I was there from 7 till. 4 and are we wheeling the 19th, wheel spacers , seats , cb's, tires,lifts,cults, you guys have surely covered it all in this thread

Participate in life

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
This thread is out of control...I thought I would see a lot of you guys Saturday at quadretec....but I saw no one.....where were you all at ...I was there from 7 till. 4 and are we wheeling the 19th, wheel spacers , seats , cb's, tires,lifts,cults, you guys have surely covered it all in this thread

Participate in life

lol i was in Busch Garden this weekend otherwise i would have been there with you for sure Don! as far as wheeling this weekend i can make it otherwise i would with you

Top Bottom