Random Photos

sm31

Stayed up to put a new training/teaching rifle together. BCM complete with my choice accessories. Ready to put in work for the next year. View attachment 383666 View attachment 383667

My son is the AR expert in the family & I'm the bolt guy. A family divided... Lol...

That said, I know next to nothing about how to set them up. It looks like your sight is fixed higher than I've seen on his builds. Is it based on the type of use, sight, etc.? Or is it personal preference?

kevman65

Hooked
My son is the AR expert in the family & I'm the bolt guy. A family divided... Lol...

That said, I know next to nothing about how to set them up. It looks like your sight is fixed higher than I've seen on his builds. Is it based on the type of use, sight, etc.? Or is it personal preference?
He has scope up high so he can use his flip up iron sight without taking the scope off.

He has scope up high so he can use his flip up iron sight without taking the scope off.
Actually my back ups don’t co-witness with this mount. I am waiting on some offset back ups and just haven’t bothered to take these off. I like a taller mount so that I don’t have to drop my head to find the red dot in the glass. Just bring the rifle up to my eye line and the dot is right there. It’s just more efficient for me.

It’s all prefw

It’s all preference. It’s about half inch higher than most. The taller mount allows me to just bring the optic up to my eye line without dropping my head. The back up sights came on the rifle but I’m going to be switching them out for some that are offset 45 degrees so that I can still use them if the optic goes down.

jeeeep

Hooked
View attachment 383701 Getting gas in Overton…I’ve never seen 90 & 91 oct on the same pump before
gets better when you see all those options plus the elusive 90 ethanol free!

I get the best mileage/power when running ethanol free - my favorite ethanol free station closed 2 years ago but one of the other stations is now offering it woohoo!

Recent trip I averaged 19.3 mpg , went 326 miles and it was only $3.19/gal and at highway speed 70-75mph!
Usually I have to make 2 stops; wish more stations offered ethanol free.

gets better when you see all those options plus the elusive 90 ethanol free!

I get the best mileage/power when running ethanol free - my favorite ethanol free station closed 2 years ago but one of the other stations is now offering it woohoo!

Recent trip I averaged 19.3 mpg , went 326 miles and it was only $3.19/gal and at highway speed 70-75mph!
Usually I have to make 2 stops; wish more stations offered ethanol free.
But ethanol is good for the planet. Thousands of Iowan farmers (and President Biden) tell us so. It must be true.

Top Bottom