Random (non-Jeep) Shit You’re Working On....

jamesrw30

Nice work!
I'm very impressed by the things you've been working on. You sir, have talent. My dad dabbles in wood working so I see your craftsmanship. I'm not even a semi pro but I'm also to cheap to pay someone to do that stuff. The windows and such I completely justified paying someone haha

TrailHunter

Hooked
Got the finish paint on. Need some touch up and fix some runs but came out decent.
View attachment 382274 View attachment 382275 View attachment 382276
Very Cool Adam...Looks Great. All the work you are doing reminds me when my wife said "I'm pregnant" with our first. It was game on... I had 9 months to completely redo the house. Everything was New & Perfect. Now 13 years and 2 kids later... the house looks like a f'n bomb went off inside. Wood Floors, paint, cabinets, tile, furniture.. all hammered. Lol.. Enjoy it man. Hope the Wife is doing well.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Very Cool Adam...Looks Great. All the work you are doing reminds me when my wife said "I'm pregnant" with our first. It was game on... I had 9 months to completely redo the house. Everything was New & Perfect. Now 13 years and 2 kids later... the house looks like a f'n bomb went off inside. Wood Floors, paint, cabinets, tile, furniture.. all hammered. Lol.. Enjoy it man. Hope the Wife is doing well.
She made me sell the Jeeps before the wedding. I needed a new hobby.

mtudb24

Took a 24 foot starcraft pontoon boat and turned it into a deep water duck blind. We use to brush them with 60+ cedar trees but decided to use artificial xmas trees so they stay green all season long and much lighter then real trees.

Attachments

• starboard.jpg
    starboard.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 12
  • Saginaw Bay.jpg
    Saginaw Bay.jpg
    128.8 KB · Views: 12
  • Starboard side blind.jpg
    Starboard side blind.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 11
  • Stern of duck Blind.jpg
    Stern of duck Blind.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 12
  • console.jpg
    console.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 12
  • Decoy rack 1.jpg
    Decoy rack 1.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 12

Sgt_USMC

Nice! I didn’t know they heat treated poplar. I knew they did it with maple and that looks amazing! I love the look! What did you do for the joints on the drawers?

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Damn dude... You've saved yourself thousands on quality furniture this year. How much have you spent on tools and materials?

I always end up breaking even or losing on the first few projects because I justify major tool purchases doing things myself.
I bought a bunch of used stuff. I got my 6” jet jointer for $100. Bandsaw was like $150 and table saw was $400 I think. The Milwaukee 12” miter saw was the big purchase this year. I won’t saw what I spent in tools since my wife might see this. Lol

I feel like each project gets quicker and cheaper since I have more scraps and make less mistakes. It’ll all pay off in the long run.

jeeeep

Hooked
I bought a bunch of used stuff. I got my 6” jet jointer for $100. Bandsaw was like $150 and table saw was $400 I think. The Milwaukee 12” miter saw was the big purchase this year. I won’t saw what I spent in tools since my wife might see this. Lol

I feel like each project gets quicker and cheaper since I have more scraps and make less mistakes. It’ll all pay off in the long run.
nice work!

every time I've bought furniture and look at how it's assembled it pisses me off. so much over-priced crap out there,

CalSgt

Hooked

Those are great deals, looks like a lot of good brands too... I think my Craftsman table saw and DeWalt 12" miter saw were over $600 each like 15-20 years ago.

If she gets suspicious just tell her you borrowed them from me (winky emoji)

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Those are great deals, looks like a lot of good brands too... I think my Craftsman table saw and DeWalt 12" miter saw were over $600 each like 15-20 years ago.

If she gets suspicious just tell her you borrowed them from me (winky emoji)
Lol she knows what I buy. She doesn’t care though

Top Bottom