Random (non-Jeep) Shit You’re Working On....

jesse3638

Hooked
Just finished doing a 5 step paint correction and restoration of our water tender. Well just what you see here..haha. It's 11 years old and sits outside under a shade structure. I'm ordering the tools to do it quicker. Torq 6.5" dual action polisher will be better than my drill with a 4" pad..haha

1534725395365.jpg

Sent from my 2PYB2 using WAYALIFE mobile app

JKbrick

Just finished doing a 5 step paint correction and restoration of our water tender. Well just what you see here..haha. It's 11 years old and sits outside under a shade structure. I'm ordering the tools to do it quicker. Torq 6.5" dual action polisher will be better than my drill with a 4" pad..haha

View attachment 308690

Looks nice, the station I was running out of when I “retired” had that color of trucks

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

robx251

Caught the Bug
Image1534727307.116037.jpg

458 socom 325 grn ftx

2016 JK Rubicon
315 70 17 BFG AT ko2
2.5 budget boost
10k Winch/stubby bumper
Trucklites
TYT9800 / Pro510XL
KC1IMA

Last edited:

jesse3638

Hooked
Looks nice, the station I was running out of when I “retired” had that color of trucks

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
It came out a lot better than expected. I should have taken a pic of it once I pulled it out into the sun. It really popped. I'm a life long customer of Chemical Guys. Their products are awesome. Only thing today is it was a little hot (100°+) so it made the polishes a little finicky.

It came out a lot better than expected. I should have taken a pic of it once I pulled it out into the sun. It really popped. I'm a life long customer of Chemical Guys. Their products are awesome. Only thing today is it was a little hot (100°+) so it made the polishes a little finicky.

Their pad lube or conditioner works great for what I’m thinking you experienced in the heat. I’m a fan boy of Chem Guys also.

Truck came out great btw [emoji106]

JAGS

Hooked
I am getting too fucking old and fat for this shit. Ha ha. Grass and soil took a a major dive in recent heat waves and the irrigation wasn’t cutting it. This was couple weeks ago. Think My back is finally recovered now. Lol.

IMG_5493.jpg

TrailHunter

Hooked
I am getting too fucking old and fat for this shit. Ha ha. Grass and soil took a a major dive in recent heat waves and the irrigation wasn’t cutting it. This was couple weeks ago. Think My back is finally recovered now. Lol.

Probably a little late now... but a good Demo Hammer with a Spade bit can really save your back.... we have 3 or 4 of them at work. Especially in a more clay type or compacted soil. You can rent them at Home Depot.

bosch.jpg

spade.jpg

98XJ06LJ

View attachment 308690

Looking good! Gotta love that old school greenish / yellow color. Not sure who originally thought that should be the official color of emergency response vehicles but I'm glad we got past it. That's a lot of surface area! Good job!

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using WAYALIFE mobile app

jesse3638

Hooked
Their pad lube or conditioner works great for what I’m thinking you experienced in the heat. I’m a fan boy of Chem Guys also.

Truck came out great btw [emoji106]

Thanks. Yeah I had heard of them, but first got a taste of their stuff last year when I was looking to do headlight restoration on the same truck. Their process works like no other. I have a bunch of their stuff now. Yeah it was heat and I was using their pad conditioner. Ambient air temp where I was working was 100+ so the surface temp was easily in the upper 90's. I think it was just too hot to be doing detailing work like that. Maybe a bit too much product too. I'm learning as I go...haha. I got permission from the boss to order everything I need to take care of the engines. May have to sneak in the Jeep this winter during some down time...:thumb:

View attachment 308710

Looks like my weapons of choice a few weeks ago. I had near genocide of my front yard landscaping a couple weeks ago as the common wire of my sprinkler valves got disconnected. Not good when in the middle of a heat wave your plants aren't getting water.

Looking good! Gotta love that old school greenish / yellow color. Not sure who originally thought that should be the official color of emergency response vehicles but I'm glad we got past it. That's a lot of surface area! Good job!

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using WAYALIFE mobile app

Thanks. I love doing detail work but only in small doses. Not sure I could do it for a living. How ever my coworker asked how much a full car would normally cost. I told him an exterior only detail is easily $150-$200. He offered me $200 to do his car...haha. Possibly a side gig.

Not sure either but I remember from my early fire classes that all red engines are very hard to see compared to other colors out there. That is why school buses are the color they are, so they are easily seen.

Thanks. Yeah I had heard of them, but first got a taste of their stuff last year when I was looking to do headlight restoration on the same truck. Their process works like no other. I have a bunch of their stuff now. Yeah it was heat and I was using their pad conditioner. Ambient air temp where I was working was 100+ so the surface temp was easily in the upper 90's. I think it was just too hot to be doing detailing work like that. Maybe a bit too much product too. I'm learning as I go...haha. I got permission from the boss to order everything I need to take care of the engines. May have to sneak in the Jeep this winter during some down time...:thumb:

Thanks. I love doing detail work but only in small doses. Not sure I could do it for a living. How ever my coworker asked how much a full car would normally cost. I told him an exterior only detail is easily $150-$200. He offered me $200 to do his car...haha. Possibly a side gig.

Not sure either but I remember from my early fire classes that all red engines are very hard to see compared to other colors out there. That is why school buses are the color they are, so they are easily seen.

So funny.
My coworker and I did our work trucks too. We both inherited shitty looking trucks and couldn’t stand it. It’s how I got to really try Chemical guys. We both went full retard and each bought polishers and went to town. Completely turned the trucks around and now everyone wants to know how we got “new trucks”. lol

When I was a bus mechanic I heard the same thing about yellow. I figured it was just old bs folklore that gets passed down.

duktrx

So funny.
My coworker and I did our work trucks too. We both inherited shitty looking trucks and couldn’t stand it. It’s how I got to really try Chemical guys. We both went full retard and each bought polishers and went to town. Completely turned the trucks around and now everyone wants to know how we got “new trucks”. lol

When I was a bus mechanic I heard the same thing about yellow. I figured it was just old bs folklore that gets passed down.
The wave length of yellow is the most visible. My powder jacket stands out in a blizzard, so does my jeep.[emoji3]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using WAYALIFE mobile app

Ddays

Hooked
Got tired of TV and ditched Dish network last Winter. Netflix and an Amazon Firestick handle anything the wife wants to watch and College and Pro football is really the only thing I want to watch anymore. Now with the season almost here for both I had to figure out how to get the local channels. Found this TV antenna on Amazon for $90 and decide to give it a try. Installed it last night and holy shit - I get 61 channels with this damn thing! I had no idea the locals broadcast so many channels. The picture is as good or maybe even better that what I got with Dish since the locals broadcast in HD now. If you're looking for something like this it won't disappoint! :thumb:

ant.jpg

Last edited:

jdofmemi

Got tired of TV and ditched Dish network last Winter. Netflix and an Amazon Firestick handle anything the wife wants to watch and College and Pro football is really the only thing I want to watch anymore. Now with the season almost here for both I had to figure out how to get the local channels. Found this TV antenna on Amazon for $90 and decide to give it a try. Installed it last night and holy shit - I get 61 channels with this damn thing! I had no idea the locals broadcast so many channels. The picture is as good or maybe even better that what I got with Dish since the locals broadcast in HD now. If you're looking for something like this it won't disappoint! :thumb:

I'm with you on TV, pay a fortune and watch 3 channels

Football, and especially college football is just about all I want to see.
That's also the main reason I have satellite radio, to listen to 84, ESPNU, and hear all the college football news.

WJCO

Meme King

A device that looks like that is bound to invite aliens to come and probe you. Best of luck.

Ddays

Hooked
A device that looks like that is bound to invite aliens to come and probe you. Best of luck.

LOL, We have decoy horses out in the field so hopefully that'll buy us some time to bug out in the Jeep....:driving:

USMC Wrangler

I helped a friend out last year during a personal tragedy, but refused to take payment for what I did. (Those details are really unimportant.) My friend is great at getting you to do something you don’t really want to though. Anyway, he ends up delivering a 2005 Roketa buggy to me in January for absolutely nothing out of pocket. It’s a two seater with a 250cc Honda motor and auto trans, but it wouldn’t run. Last report was it was “dumping gas into the crankcase and wouldn’t fire”. It sat for several months until I found a new OEM carburetor for $70 on eBay. After making that swap, I was getting zero spark. Earlier today I swapped in a new CDI ($9.50) and hit the carb with some starting fluid. Here’s the result...

https://youtu.be/8tviRKtr65I

It still needs some minor work including fixing the tow in, minor reassembly and fine tuning the carb. I’ve never worked on anything like this, so it’s been a fun learning experience.

WJCO

Meme King
I helped a friend out last year during a personal tragedy, but refused to take payment for what I did. (Those details are really unimportant.) My friend is great at getting you to do something you don’t really want to though. Anyway, he ends up delivering a 2005 Roketa buggy to me in January for absolutely nothing out of pocket. It’s a two seater with a 250cc Honda motor and auto trans, but it wouldn’t run. Last report was it was “dumping gas into the crankcase and wouldn’t fire”. It sat for several months until I found a new OEM carburetor for $70 on eBay. After making that swap, I was getting zero spark. Earlier today I swapped in a new CDI ($9.50) and hit the carb with some starting fluid. Here’s the result...

https://youtu.be/8tviRKtr65I

It still needs some minor work including fixing the tow in, minor reassembly and fine tuning the carb. I’ve never worked on anything like this, so it’s been a fun learning experience.

Looks fun and glad you got it running.

Top Bottom