Random (non-Jeep) Shit You’re Working On....

With winter finally looking like it’s going away, I decided to turn on the sprinklers and check for any leaks. As luck would have it, I found 2 broken risers which were easy enough to fix but also found one major T-junction that a massive tree root took out.

View attachment 345412

View attachment 345413

In addition to everything being 2’ down in the ground, working through a ton of other tree roots made an otherwise easy job into a son of a bitch! But, at least the ground wasn’t frozen anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

My sprinklers in my backyard are all jacked up but it’s electrical and I can’t figure it out. I hate sprinklers. Back East, we didn’t need them.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

24V is simple. What's the problem?

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407

I’m pretty sure the solenoid on one set was bad. The sprinklers would turn on no problem at the valve but on the display and program they would just bubble. I replaced the solenoid on that one and no when I turn the water on the other two zones just go nonstop. All the wires are correct. I don’t get it.

I’m pretty sure the solenoid on one set was bad. The sprinklers would turn on no problem at the valve but on the display and program they would just bubble. I replaced the solenoid on that one and no when I turn the water on the other two zones just go nonstop. All the wires are correct. I don’t get it.

Do you have a voltmeter?

One wire from all the solenoids tie together (doesn't matter which, just pick one) and go to common from the timer. Each of the other wires go to the hot wire for each zone.

Sounds like you might have a bad timer, a short, or bad connection if other zones are coming on when only one is calling.

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407

With winter finally looking like it’s going away, I decided to turn on the sprinklers and check for any leaks. As luck would have it, I found 2 broken risers which were easy enough to fix but also found one major T-junction that a massive tree root took out.

View attachment 345412

View attachment 345413

In addition to everything being 2’ down in the ground, working through a ton of other tree roots made an otherwise easy job into a son of a bitch! But, at least the ground wasn’t frozen anymore.

It’s amazing what tree roots can do. Push in basement walls, lift driveways and sidewalks, ruin sewer pipes, break water mains......

Do you have a voltmeter?

One wire from all the solenoids tie together (doesn't matter which, just pick one) and go to common from the timer. Each of the other wires go to the hot wire for each zone.

Sounds like you might have a bad timer, a short, or bad connection if other zones are coming on when only one is calling.

--

Used the bolt meter and all is fine at the meter. My front yard works just fine as well. The backyard was the issue. Two of the three zones worked fine before I swapped the solenoid and the third just bubbled as I said. I swapped that solenoid out and now the two that were working fine just run all the time. I redid all the wiring too and it is like you said, one hot and all commons together. That one with the new solenoid doesn’t work at all now.

Safe to assume all your wires are black at solenoid? Mine are. I would double check to make sure they’re good and hooked up well. Double check the connections are solid at the timer too. If need be you can test each valve using three 9 volt batteries connected together.

That's bit me in the ass so many times. You guys out there don't worry about another potential freeze between now and end of May? Happens here when least expected.

Sawzall time.

LOL - sawzall is exactly what I used [emoji1303]

We’ll get another freeze for sure. Got down to 28 yesterday. So long as it warms up by day, things should be ok especially with the pipes being so deep. It’s the hard freeze day after day that becomes a real problem.

We’ll get another freeze for sure. Got down to 28 yesterday. So long as it warms up by day, things should be ok especially with the pipes being so deep. It’s the hard freeze day after day that becomes a real problem.

Yep. Exactly.

It just started to warm up and we're supposed to get another 5-10 by tomorrow night. Done with this shit.

View attachment 345412

View attachment 345413

I hate trees for this reason, that’s why I don’t have any! Nothing on my two acres 🤪

Safe to assume all your wires are black at solenoid? Mine are. I would double check to make sure they’re good and hooked up well. Double check the connections are solid at the timer too. If need be you can test each valve using three 9 volt batteries connected together.

Yes all black (the way I don’t like it)

All connections are good and tight and no issues at the panel. I might just replace the other two solenoids and rewire them all and see. The solenoids are pretty cheap.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

View attachment 345412

View attachment 345413

Oh and I’m super impressed with the straight lines. Very professional.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

View attachment 345412

View attachment 345413

I did mine today too, my back yard drip system reminded me of the Hoover damn leak in Vegas vacation, fix one another popped up
My sprinklers in my backyard are all jacked up but it’s electrical and I can’t figure it out. I hate sprinklers. Back East, we didn’t need them.

I miss rain

Sent from my SM-N960U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Garage door day

Out with the old, in with the new.

The only pisser is that California has a new rule about garage door openers. You can't get one in the state without a battery back up.

Of course, those cost much more. The worst part is that I heard today they won't work if the battery goes dead, even if the power is on.

One of my guys goes to Arizona every other weekend, so he is going to smuggle me in the one I want.

Looking good !

Top Bottom