Random (non-Jeep) Shit You’re Working On....

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
you have a sand mound system?
No I’ll have a traditional system my soil just sucks. I have to install a pump tank and pump it 350 feet up the pasture to a high spot. Then I can just do regular pipe but I’ll do chamber so I can do a bit less line and not lose the space in the pasture.

kevman65

Hooked
Picking it up sucks, unloading it sucks, carrying it sucks, fastening it sucks, mudding it sucks, sanding it sucks....and yet 99% of homes still use it :)
It is kinda fun on the job site to watch the apprentice play heman with a full sheet and have it snap in half though....

Spazbyt

Hooked
Are any electchickens able to help me out here? I wired this dust collector and it seems very anemic. Low and Medium work but when I switch it to high it turns off. I'm concerned that somehow I'm only getting one hot leg to the motor.

This is the diagram.
20231025_180321.jpg
There is no green ground coming out of the machine only white, black, and red. I assume that Black and red are hot and white is the ground.

WJCO

Meme King
Are any electchickens able to help me out here? I wired this dust collector and it seems very anemic. Low and Medium work but when I switch it to high it turns off. I'm concerned that somehow I'm only getting one hot leg to the motor.

This is the diagram.
View attachment 398693
There is no green ground coming out of the machine only white, black, and red. I assume that Black and red are hot and white is the ground.
The Left part of the diagram with the green wire, is that coming from the house wall? Do you have a green coming from the house at all? Also, White is usually neutral.

kevman65

Hooked
If you only have 3 wires, not 4 coming from the machine, then you are missing a leg on the blower side and only have 2 speeds.

On the house side, black is hot, white is neutral, and green is ground.

On the machine side, white is neutral, red is low speed, blue is medium speed, and black is high speed.
You list no blue, so either a wire is missing, or hidden and not connected.

Spazbyt

Hooked
Thanks for the quick responses guys!
I'm using a double pole circuit breaker. With 220 do I need a neutral wire? I was thinking I needed two hot 110 legs and a ground wire. This is why I hate messing with tingle spaghetti!

WJCO

Meme King
The bottom armored cable is the pigtail from the machine and seems to be factory.
View attachment 398700
If the top is the wiring from your house, it looks like it's missing the neutral. The white wire coming from your house, have you confirmed it to be a 2nd hot?

As far as the white coming from your bottom, that should go to your home's neutral which you don't have.

And your board is definitely running a 210-240 breaker?

kevman65

Hooked
Looks like 220 single phase coming into box and 220 3 phase going to machine.

Should be black to black, white to white, red to red, and green to a screw in the box to ground it.

WJCO

Meme King
Thanks for the quick responses guys!
I'm using a double pole circuit breaker. With 220 do I need a neutral wire? I was thinking I needed two hot 110 legs and a ground wire. This is why I hate messing with tingle spaghetti!
You can run without a neutral but it's not as common. But looks like your machine is expecting it.

WJCO

Meme King
Looks like 220 single phase coming into box and 220 3 phase going to machine.

Should be black to black, white to white, red to red, and green to a screw in the box to ground it.
But he's only got one red. I'm guessing the white coming into the box is hot but no one marked it that way.

Top Bottom