Random (non-Jeep) Shit You’re Working On....

Are you cutting a hole in the roof of your house to put it in?
Oh no, there is no way that's fitting in my house. I'm taking it to my shop where I can pretend it's for "work".

That's effing rad!

I've been wanting one forever
I'm a little bummed it's not an actual Bridgeport brand but from what I can gather it's a well made Taiwan clone and there are still replacement parts available.

Great score! Did you get bits and tooling with it?
Oh yeah, plus a bunch of random stuff, router bits, drills, and reams.20230823_183836 Edit.jpg20230823_183825 Edit.jpg

Oh no, there is no way that's fitting in my house. I'm taking it to my shop where I can pretend it's for "work".

I'm a little bummed it's not an actual Bridgeport brand but from what I can gather it's a well made Taiwan clone and there are still replacement parts available.

Oh yeah, plus a bunch of random stuff, router bits, drills, and reams.View attachment 395933View attachment 395934
Wow... All the extra tooling really makes that a worthwhile purchase

Wow... All the extra tooling really makes that a worthwhile purchase
A lot of it needs to be resharpened but thats alot better than buying new. So crazy story, I originally thought it was all standard end mill tools but on further inspection, I realized it is mostly tapered tools. The company that I bought it from made forms and patterns for vacuum-forming plastic parts so they would use tapered tools to get the proper draft angle on their parts. It's actually kind of sad. The company had been in business for over 75 years. Unfortunately, when the owner died the son immediately closed up shop and left all the equipment in the building to rot. They had some cool old school tools, like what has to be the world's first electric sander.
20230822_102003[1].jpg

Last edited:
I’ve been working on changing out the batteries on a clients GMC 2500. He used to have it at an ocean side house so the terminals (along with everything else) are corroded. Anyone have any tips on getting this rounded out 10mm terminal nut loose?

Attachments

• IMG_4040.jpeg
    IMG_4040.jpeg
    181.4 KB · Views: 13
I’ve been working on changing out the batteries on a clients GMC 2500. He used to have it at an ocean side house so the terminals (along with everything else) are corroded. Anyone have any tips on getting this rounded out 10mm terminal nut loose?
Can't remember what it's called, but there is a socket that has internal edges in a fan shape that is designed to grab onto rounded nuts.

If I can't get a hex socket on it, I've always just used vice grips.

Can't remember what it's called, but there is a socket that has internal edges in a fan shape that is designed to grab onto rounded nuts.
Thanks, I’ll see if Napa has anything like that.

If I can't get a hex socket on it, I've always just used vice grips.
Unfortunately, the vice grips wouldn’t really reach down into that area and allow me to get leverage.

I built this to carry a double stroller behind the JK several years ago since it takes up so damn much cargo room. Now that we have to put a kid in the 3rd row of my wife’s rig, we need more space on road trips. Had to put an offset in the receiver stock so it wouldn’t drag the ground leaving steep parking lots and whatnot. Found an old hitch in the garage to cut up. No clearance issues now. 👍

IMG_4495.jpeg
IMG_4498.jpeg

IMG_4497.jpeg

I built this to carry a double stroller behind the JK several years ago since it takes up so damn much cargo room. Now that we have to put a kid in the 3rd row of my wife’s rig, we need more space on road trips. Had to put an offset in the receiver stock so it wouldn’t drag the ground leaving steep parking lots and whatnot. Found an old hitch in the garage to cut up. No clearance issues now. 👍

View attachment 396405
View attachment 396406

View attachment 396407
Nice Rumble Seat. Is it legal to put the kid in it? Asking for a friend. 😬

Top Bottom