Random (non-Jeep) Shit You’re Working On....

Andy5160

Hooked
That sucks. Two of my Colorado mountain homes had softeners but it was a long time ago. I don't recall exactly what was used but one was Culligan. It worked ok but just had to keep up on the salt. Had a bypass valve so I could bypass it and water plants without the salt water.
Thanks' Doug!

NPC 6060⁸42

Guess ill park this question here.
Daughter and her fiancé bought their first house and are looking to get water softening system.
Any suggestions?
Not Culligan! bought a house two years ago with a Culligan softener. Not impressed. Home Depot and Lowe’s both carry softeners. You can use either salt or magnesium but magnesium is very expensive. Really suggest talking with some local plumbers and or hardware stores to pick their brains about what works best in their area.

Jsouder53

Hooked
Guess ill park this question here.
Daughter and her fiancé bought their first house and are looking to get water softening system.
Any suggestions?
I just had this installed at a house that I manage not too long ago. I manage one house with a culligan system and it is a salt hog. The Evolve system is very efficient with salt. With 8 bathrooms, the salt barrel only needs to be filled 3-4 times a year.
IMG_5840.png

I probably should a softener system on my house. All my faucets and fixtures in my house are trashed from hard water.
I did recently put a deionized water filter setup for cleaning my cars tho. Unreal how much easier and better the cars are when washed/rinshed with DI’ed water.

Jsouder53

Hooked
I probably should a softener system on my house. All my faucets and fixtures in my house are trashed from hard water.
I did recently put a deionized water filter setup for cleaning my cars tho. Unreal how much easier and better the cars are when washed/rinshed with DI’ed water.
I’m planning to add one eventually as well. It’s crazy how much better the water feels. These systems have bypasses as well if you need to water plants.

jesse3638

Hooked
My old house had a water softener and if I used the hose bib off the softener I could basically wash my cars and let them dry in the sun and have no spots. I'd just use my leaf blower to dry them.

My old house had a water softener and if I used the hose bib off the softener I could basically wash my cars and let them dry in the sun and have no spots. I'd just use my leaf blower to dry them.
Yea it’s wild. Not needing to rush or be worried about being in the sun to dry is so nice.

WJCO

Meme King
New garage light. Old one lasted 3 years before plastic cracked. It's been zip tied for another year. But then started blinking recently. Hope I get another 4 years out of the new one. 20240413_161132.jpg 20240413_161152.jpg 20240413_161157.jpg

Top Bottom