Random Internet Shit you've come across

sm31

This is why we homeschool.

So did we. Now they're graduated from HS (son & daughter), and they both blow me away with their character and maturity.

#1 best decision I ever made: asking my Wife to marry me. #2 best decision: Taking responsibility for our children's education.

Anyone on the fence about it... hop off and get your ass in gear.

Edit: The decision cost us about $900k in "lost" salary, and it was worth every penny.

jamesrw30

So did we. Now they're graduated from HS (son & daughter), and they both blow me away with their character and maturity.

#1 best decision I ever made: asking my Wife to marry me. #2 best decision: Taking responsibility for our children's education.

Anyone on the fence about it... hop off and get your ass in gear.

Edit: The decision cost us about $900k in "lost" salary, and it was worth every penny.
It's definitely not cheap to go this route. But my son is way ahead on all things for his age. He doesn't like reading so that's a bit of a struggle but he does well when he wants to. Our daughter is learning so much for a 3 year old by doing school work when he does. There's also a group in town that is all home school families and they meet once a week. They have lessons in every subject, including Latin, that are all set to sing. It's amazing what kids retain when it's got a tune with it. We're fortunate to be able to live on a single income so my wife can do this.

TigerInFl

For those on the fence about home schooling, my niece and nephew were home schooled their entire school lives.

The niece now has a PhD in Dietary and is over a major hospital taking care of over 1,000 patients dietary needs.

The nephew got his private pilot license at the age of 18, paid for by him. Graduated from college in two years. Went to work for American Airlines Started out Co Pilot and then moved up to Pilot. Stayed there for three years and now is a Pilot for Southwest. That boy is making bank!

So if you think kids who are home schooled can't or don't make it in the real world, you couldn't be any more wrong.

It's definitely not cheap to go this route. But my son is way ahead on all things for his age. He doesn't like reading so that's a bit of a struggle but he does well when he wants to. Our daughter is learning so much for a 3 year old by doing school work when he does. There's also a group in town that is all home school families and they meet once a week. They have lessons in every subject, including Latin, that are all set to sing. It's amazing what kids retain when it's got a tune with it. We're fortunate to be able to live on a single income so my wife can do this.

Jsouder53

Hooked
For those on the fence about home schooling, my niece and nephew were home schooled their entire school lives.

The niece now has a PhD in Dietary and is over a major hospital taking care of over 1,000 patients dietary needs.

The nephew got his private pilot license at the age of 18, paid for by him. Graduated from college in two years. Went to work for American Airlines Started out Co Pilot and then moved up to Pilot. Stayed there for three years and now is a Pilot for Southwest. That boy is making bank!

So if you think kids who are home schooled can't or don't make it in the real world, you couldn't be any more wrong.
Home schooling all the way through is what we are planning 👍

Top Bottom