Random Internet Shit you've come across

TrailHunter

Hooked
We would be the only country on the planet with bob wire, metal detectors, armed guards at every single school…that is your solution?
You are going right to the extreme… which I’m ok with… but stepping up school security just 1 or 2 notches could make a world of difference. Most schools have none Ed. Our schools don’t and it infuriates me. We can add a level of protection in a way that neither the kids or the parents would even notice.

Regardless, I dont care about a school image.. I care about a solution that works. Trying to Reprogram the minds of Millions of Nut Jobs is NOT a solution. Taking Guns from Law abiding citizens in NOT a solution. More Gun Laws is NOT the solution.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I was watching the History of Comedy on CNN over the weekend and saw a clip where Larry David makes a quip about if he were in Nazi Germany and was taken to a concentration camp and suffering, he would still be checking out the ladies because, you know, he likes the ladies. Of course, he delivered it much better than I can type it but I thought it was hilarious. And, I have to say, I really enjoy how people used to be able to laugh at the most absurd things. To me, it was how we used to find common ground. Now, everyone just gets their panties in a bunch.

Brute

Hooked
You are going right to the extreme… which I’m ok with… but stepping up school security just 1 or 2 notches could make a world of difference. Most schools have none Ed. Our schools don’t and it infuriates me. We can add a level of protection in a way that neither the kids or the parents would even notice.

Regardless, I dont care about a school image.. I care about a solution that works. Trying to Reprogram the minds of Millions of Nut Jobs is NOT a solution. Taking Guns from Law abiding citizens in NOT a solution. More Gun Laws is NOT the solution.
Did you ever think that a hybrid solution which involves heightened school security, national register of mental health issues to help prevent gun purchases from these individuals, red flag laws that enable Leo’s to remove guns from these same individuals and a more involved background check prior to gun purchase might be a solid step to reduce the preponderance of these shootings?…what we are doing now, and in the recent past just is not working

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Did you ever think that a hybrid solution which involves heightened school security, national register of mental health issues to help prevent gun purchases from these individuals, red flag laws that enable Leo’s to remove guns from these same individuals and a more involved background check prior to gun purchase might be a solid step to reduce the preponderance of these shootings?…what we are doing now, and in the recent past just is not working
Zero shootings happen in California with the strict background checks. They must work.

TrailHunter

Hooked
I 100% feel everything you just said besides Heightened School Security... is a complete waste of time.

Edit: Think about this.... how long would it take to Have 3 armed Security Dudes post up at a school? Vs. How long would it take to Determine what people in the community (kids & adults) are mentally ill, put on a list, given medical help, background checks, determine who should not have a gun, take those guns away, etc....? Considering the politics involved and infringement on the Constitution with option 2... good f'n luck.

Last edited:

Aceisback

Hooked
You’re new here but you will fit in. 🤣
I sure hope so. I’ve been banned from a couple Jeep/Gladiator forums because I have the ability to laugh at myself and those different from myself. Unlike the moderators at those forums.
I haven’t yet scoured this entire forum but from this thread alone it seems the admin/moderators allow adult conversation. That ability is sadly absent over at Jeepgladiatorforum.com. Sad because there is a lot of good people and good information exchange there but anyone with a sense of humor gets banned.

JimLee

Hooked
You are so focused on firearms, I hate to say it but two 5 gallon cans of gasoline and a rag could have greatly increased the body count at almost any of these shooting sites, without any shooting. You think killers are going to stop killing instead of just changing tools? Or buying guns from the black market? Or 3d printing them at home? Once again I propose we get the crazies that live among us out of society as soon as they are identified, every one of these mass shooting lunatics had know issues. Hell, the Newtown shooters mom was in the process of trying to have him committed, but because of bleeding heart politicians and the laws they write she was waiting on a court date, because in that state a parent has to sue their own child that they know is mentally jacked to put them away, what kind of crazy stupid bullshit is that? But, society and politicians don't have the balls to do what needs to be done with these mentally ill people, so then the answer once again becomes to harden targets as best you can.

GP NOIR

Hooked
It really doesn't matter if they are trans, gay, straight, white, black or blue… who they voted for or what f’n religion they are.… fact is we refuse to protect our schools. We refuse to actually do something that works. That’s what matters.
You're absolutely correct. My earlier comment was dark sarcasm about "Trumpers" automatically getting blamed for the ills of our society and are painted "Enemies Of The State"

Brute

Hooked
I 100% feel everything you just said besides Heightened School Security... is a complete waste of time.

Edit: Think about this.... how long would it take to Have 3 armed Security Dudes post up at a school? Vs. How long would it take to Determine what people in the community (kids & adults) are mentally ill, put on a list, given medical help, background checks, determine who should not have a gun, take those guns away, etc....? Considering the politics involved and infringement on the Constitution with option 2... good f'n luck.
So…what about Walmarts, places of worship, grocery stores, nightclubs…are you suggesting we live in an armed state, and that is the only solution?…

Top Bottom