Random Internet Shit you've come across

WJCO

Meme King
Stop drinking coffee too. I haven’t had an afternoon crash since I stopped.
I've thought about trying that since you mentioned it previously. It's been a daily habit of mine for decades and I guess I've never considered why. I may try it just to see what happens.

TrailHunter

Hooked
I've spent the last two years improving health and cutting sugar was a major player. It made me feel twenty years younger. It's incredible. I had no idea.
I think every Body is different so the key is to listen to yours… For the last 3 years I would drink a hydration mix everyday.. no sugar and electrolytes... my Reflux has been through the roof…I’ve always had reflux issues but this was next level shit.. I was getting chest pains, bloated, my throat would often burn from the acid reflux…Some days I thought I was having a heart attack… I quit whiskey, cigars, watched what I ate carefuly. Doctor put me on acid meds (which I f’n hate) But nothing helped. Then a few months ago a light came on. I cut out the one ingredient that I put in coffee, tea, and what was in my hydration drinks… Fucking Stevia. Within weeks everything went back to normal. That artificial sweetener was demolishing my gut.. since stopping, I’ve been off meds and eating normal again. Everybody is different.. do what works.

WJCO

Meme King
Do tell…
Sep 18, 2020. I just decided to drink less alcohol, eat less processed food, and lose weight. Had nothing do to with covid. I just decided to actually make an effort to better my health. I lost about 50ish pounds in six months. I've maintained the same weight for a year and a half. I do intermittent fasting at least twice a week. My diet is pretty much whole foods, hardly any processed foods, and I lift weights at least four days a week. I'm in my 40s and in the best shape of my life and feel amazing. Most of my life was junk food and just eating whatever I felt like. The last two years have been a game changer. Being that I wanted to lose weight at the beginning, I was tracking calories and even using a food scale. Now I don't even have to. Just eating whole real foods and knowing my portion sizes is just second nature. I can see all my abs and have veins in my arms that I've never seen before, lol. Energy levels are amazing. I have a 'cheat' meal maybe once a week when we go out to a restaurant like fried chicken or french fries but 80-90% of my diet Is real foods and protein is high in each meal. I really wish I knew this stuff years ago. Sugar and processed foods really is not good for the body. I stopped craving it in just about a month after making the change. And the best part, I work from home and have a desk job, so cardio is minimal at best. I hate intense cardio for weight loss. I love going on walks and hikes but just don't have the time. So all of my changes have been strictly nutrition.

Last edited:

WJCO

Meme King
I think every Body is different so the key is to listen to yours… For the last 3 years I would drink a hydration mix everyday.. no sugar and electrolytes... my Reflux has been through the roof…I’ve always had reflux issues but this was next level shit.. I was getting chest pains, bloated, my throat would often burn from the acid reflux…Some days I thought I was having a heart attack… I quit whiskey, cigars, watched what I ate carefuly. Doctor put me on acid meds (which I f’n hate) But nothing helped. Then a few months ago a light came on. I cut out the one ingredient that I put in coffee, tea, and what was in my hydration drinks… Fucking Stevia. Within weeks everything went back to normal. That artificial sweetener was demolishing my gut.. since stopping, I’ve been off meds and eating normal again. Everybody is different.. do what works.
Glad you got it fixed. I had something similar about 8 years ago. Really bad reflux for years. Went to the ER one night thinking it was heart attack. Heart was great. Doc put me on Prilosec. Symptoms gone while taking one every day. A few months later I had some other issues and went to a greenie natural doctor that told me acid reflux is a result of not enough acid rather than too much acid. He said Prilosec is horrible because it drops acid too low and you can't digest food properly. Turns out in my case he was right. I stopped the Prilosec and did lemon juice or ACV before every meal. More acid actually eliminated all of my issues. I haven't had those issues ever since. I do agree listening to the body is key. Glad you figured out what was causing it.

TrailHunter

Hooked
Glad you got it fixed. I had something similar about 8 years ago. Really bad reflux for years. Went to the ER one night thinking it was heart attack. Heart was great. Doc put me on Prilosec. Symptoms gone while taking one every day. A few months later I had some other issues and went to a greenie natural doctor that told me acid reflux is a result of not enough acid rather than too much acid. He said Prilosec is horrible because it drops acid too low and you can't digest food properly. Turns out in my case he was right. I stopped the Prilosec and did lemon juice or ACV before every meal. More acid actually eliminated all of my issues. I haven't had those issues ever since. I do agree listening to the body is key. Glad you figured out what was causing it.
100% correct on the Prilosec.. fuck that shit.. I use Digestive enzymes. ACV is good to.

Sep 18, 2020. I just decided to drink less alcohol, eat less processed food, and lose weight. Had nothing do to with covid. I just decided to actually make an effort to better my health. I lost about 50ish pounds in six months. I've maintained the same weight for a year and a half. I do intermittent fasting at least twice a week. My diet is pretty much whole foods, hardly any processed foods, and I lift weights at least four days a week. I'm in my 40s and in the best shape of my life and feel amazing. Most of my life was junk food and just eating whatever I felt like. The last two years have been a game changer. Being that I wanted to lose weight at the beginning, I was tracking calories and even using a food scale. Now I don't even have to. Just eating whole real foods and knowing my portion sizes is just second nature. I can see all my abs and have veins in my arms that I've never seen before, lol. Energy levels are amazing. I have a 'cheat' meal maybe once a week when we go out to a restaurant like fried chicken or french fries but 80-90% of my diet Is real foods and protein is high in each meal. I really wish I knew this stuff years ago. Sugar and processed foods really is not good for the body. I stopped craving it in just about a month after making the change. And the best part, I work from home and have a desk job, so cardio is minimal at best. I hate intense cardio for weight loss. I love going on walks and hikes but just don't have the time. So all of my changes have been strictly nutrition.
Thanks for that detailed reply! I need to do something… perhaps this will work. 👍

WJCO

Meme King
Thanks for that detailed reply! I need to do something… perhaps this will work. 👍
If you're serious about making the change, YouTube has tons of fitness and nutrition channels. Each person is different and I've found some things that work for me and some that don't work, but none of these resources existed twenty years ago. I spent more time in the gym back then without a clue of doing exercises or nutrition correctly because I didn't have the knowledge. Do the research and find what works for you. In my opinion, the most important is whole real foods, high protein, and a fair amount of vegetables and fiber. If it doesn't spoil, it's not food. The perimeter of the grocery store is much more valuable than the aisles.

WJCO

Meme King
For me it’s great. Was tough after the honeymoon phase about three weeks in but only a week or so of being over it and now I’m fine. Only thing I miss is pizza. I could literally live off pizza so it sucks not eating it but I don’t miss anything else.
We found a cauliflower crust pizza at Sam's that rocks. Seriously tastes like real pizza.

For me it’s great. Was tough after the honeymoon phase about three weeks in but only a week or so of being over it and now I’m fine. Only thing I miss is pizza. I could literally live off pizza so it sucks not eating it but I don’t miss anything else.
If you're serious about making the change, YouTube has tons of fitness and nutrition channels. Each person is different and I've found some things that work for me and some that don't work, but none of these resources existed twenty years ago. I spent more time in the gym back then without a clue of doing exercises or nutrition correctly because I didn't have the knowledge. Do the research and find what works for you. In my opinion, the most important is whole real foods, high protein, and a fair amount of vegetables and fiber. If it doesn't spoil, it's not food. The perimeter of the grocery store is much more valuable than the aisles.

Very cool, thanks for the info!

Top Bottom