Random Internet Shit you've come across

CalSgt

Hooked
Just never seen one with a shock to control the axle wrap/pinion angle or whatever.

I'm not hip to trailing arm suspensions but I've never seen anything like that either... Looks like it controls axle wrap somehow but I would think a solid bar in the same spot or from anywhere on the top of the axle tube down to the trailing arm would serve the same purpose.

These trailing arms with a three or four link setup would eliminate the need for the track bar and the extra little shocks. It would keep pinion angle close to correct through the suspension travel too if designed right... definitely a strange set up.

TrailHunter

Hooked
Not a sand dunes guy, but this is pretty rad.

https://youtu.be/VA5ZXUOyw9Q

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Dunes are awesome... when I had my bike & 2 seater buggy Glamis was my favorite place to be... And there is nothing like doin 80 through the big dunes & whoops in a high travel sand car... you need a cigarette when you stop. If I had the dough and room to store it.. I’d buy a 60k sand car right now.

Jeeps can have some fun there too.. I took mine a couple times when it was stock:

IMG_6241.JPG

IMG_6242.JPG

Last edited:

Ddays

Hooked
Dunes are awesome... when I had my bike & 2 seater buggy Glamis was my favorite place to be... And there is nothing like doin 80 through the big dunes & whoops in a high travel sand car... you need a cigarette when you stop. If I had the dough and room to store it.. I’d buy a 60k sand car right now.

Jeeps can have some fun there too.. I took mine a couple times when it was stock:

I've not ridden in a rail in the dunes anywhere or at really high speed, but have ridden in some in old strip mines near me and they are unbelievable. I couldn't imagine how fun it would be in the dunes.
There are some absolutely insane rails out there.

TrailHunter

Hooked
I've not ridden in a rail in the dunes anywhere or at really high speed, but have ridden in some in old strip mines near me and they are unbelievable. I couldn't imagine how fun it would be in the dunes.
There are some absolutely insane rails out there.

If you ever have the chance to jump in a V8 Sand Car.. even as a passenger... Don’t hesitate. You could drink a beer through the whoops at 80mph and when you launch off a dune.. it’s like landing on pillows. So fun.

Ddays

Hooked
If you ever have the chance to jump in a V8 Sand Car.. even as a passenger... Don’t hesitate. You could drink a beer through the whoops at 80mph and when you launch off a dune.. it’s like landing on pillows. So fun.

I rode in a V6 rail years ago at an old strip mine. Guy took off first thing and drove straight over a 100 foot drop off that we rode UP on our dirt bikes. Closest I've ever come to truly shitting myself. When we landed at the bottom it was exactly as you said - like landing on pillows. What a rush.

Edit: I couldn't imagine what it's like in the dunes in a V8 car!

WJCO

Meme King
I spent many years in the dunes. Used to be really fun. But too many drunks, too much dust, too large of crowds, and too much money. Way more expensive hobby than Jeeps if you include the truck, toy hauler, etc.

Just an example pic I found on the web:
unnamed.jpg

Last edited:

TrailHunter

Hooked
I spent many years in the dunes. Used to be really fun. But too many drunks, too much dust, too large of crowds, and too much money. Way more expensive hobby than Jeeps if you include the truck, toy hauler, etc.

View attachment 359974

Yup.. and it’s a one sport vehicle. You and the family have to be dedicated to the Sand life. Jeeps do it all. But I’d love to have both.

JT@623

Hooked

View attachment 359974
Quit going in 2006 for the same reason I would imagine with the UTV craze it’s gotten even worse.

Ddays

Hooked
Quit going in 2006 for the same reason I would imagine with the UTV craze it’s gotten even worse.

Don't know about anyone else, but the UTV shit is getting out of hand. Seems like they attract all of the clueless fuckwits that have no concept of treading lightly either. They're gonna be the reason a lot of trails get shut down.

And put goddam mufflers that work on the damn things.

TrailHunter

Hooked
Don't know about anyone else, but the UTV shit is getting out of hand. Seems like they attract all of the clueless fuckwits that have no concept of treading lightly either. They're gonna be the reason a lot of trails get shut down.

Its the waverunner of offroading. My buddies say they see one crash or burn every time they go out to Glamis

When we were at Last chance canyon a few weeks ago, we had to pull over while (not exaggerating - we counted) 68 of them past us.

Side by sides and dirt bikes ride like they wanna die up here. Only way I go is on weekdays now. Between that and the I just bought my first Jeep group gets dangerous fast, mid summer there’s a min of a crash a day and rollovers from the “just send it” crew. I’ve seen that helicopter too many times.

Ddays

Hooked
While on the sand rail theme, this one is crazy. But seeing how fast this thing is, these people are fucking asshats for not wearing a full racing suit, helmet, and goggles. This is insanity. Like racing a trophy truck in a baseball hat. And I see what you're talking about with the crowds lined up on either side of this runway. What could possibly go wrong? :crazyeyes:

wjtstudios

Hooked
While on the sand rail theme, this one is crazy. But seeing how fast this thing is, these people are fucking asshats for not wearing a full racing suit, helmet, and goggles. This is insanity. Like racing a trophy truck in a baseball hat. And I see what you're talking about with the crowds lined up on either side of this runway. What could possibly go wrong? :crazyeyes:

Just stupidly insane...

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

CalSgt

Hooked

This... For the price they are way too capable of machines, every dipshit with a decent credit score has one & they know absolutely nothing of off road etiquette or safety. Once upon a time it seemed that everyone had to start with a stock machine incapable of doing wild shit then grow into the high horsepower stuff, at least most of them figured out some of the general courtesy stuff before they got into the bigger & badder machines.

fiend

Caught the Bug

That’s crazy. A lot of fun to jam around. I don’t know about popping wheelies like that though.

Top Bottom