question for those with short wives/girlfriends/children

QuicksilverJK

Caught the Bug
what are my options for easier access? I would like to have something removable, not overly expensive, and easy to use for the wife. I want it removable for trail clearance. and yes i have considered just carrying a step stool, but at that point i can just help her in like i do now since i will have to pick the stool up after she gets in. and no I'm not against helping her into the jeep, but sometimes just jumping in and going is nice.

swampdog

I told my wife I got the LOD sliders for her because they were steps [emoji12][emoji12][emoji12][emoji12]. We were both happy

NevadaZielmeister

Caught the Bug
what are my options for easier access? I would like to have something removable, not overly expensive, and easy to use for the wife. I want it removable for trail clearance. and yes i have considered just carrying a step stool, but at that point i can just help her in like i do now since i will have to pick the stool up after she gets in. and no I'm not against helping her into the jeep, but sometimes just jumping in and going is nice.

Wait a second!!! Your wife is taller than mine!!! What gives?

20jk08

Re:

This is what we did for the wife's Jeep. Grab handles and the door frame to grab onto when using the stirup,,, Don't laugh,,,,

20160430_104915.jpg 20160430_104923.jpg

Attachments

• s-l225.jpg
    s-l225.jpg
    10.5 KB · Views: 215

A.J.

So I started reading this post to my wife (she is 4'11") and she said "tell her to suck it up" until we read the pregnant part then she just said "oh". We have the ps Rocker Knockers on our jeep with 3-1/2" lift and 37"s which she drives to work daily. Heels are really scary getting out (I keep waiting for the crash) but she has no problems. I kinda dig the stirrup idea or you could just bolt on some truck steps or something until pregnancy is over. Kids will figure it out and climb by the time you aren't putting them in a child seat anymore so no worries there.

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
This is what we did for the wife's Jeep. Grab handles and the door frame to grab onto when using the stirup,,, Don't laugh,,,,

View attachment 200968 View attachment 200969

Lol that's a good idea! I have seen the same thing done with a tow strap, where they bolted it to the seat and the tow strap loop was the stirrup. Then they just slid it under the seat when not in use. I've considered doing something similar.

20jk08

Re:

Ya, we were lucky the day we decided to do it the Tack shop had a sale on so it was a pretty cheap fix. It is bolted on under the seat bracket as well..

BamBamDeer

Nothing to laugh about....very creative. My Wife is excited about the idea. I appreciate you sharing it with us.

Top Bottom