Putting a Stick Shift in Neutral at Stop Lights?

JeepJeep75

the only time my foot touches the clutch is when the light turns green. I "rev up" while simultaneously depressing the clutch and shifting into first in one fluid motion. it takes less time then the guy in front to even notice the light is green. I then firmly place front bumper/Stinger on the back of his Camry/Civic/Prius/BMW/etc and proceed to push them through the intersection. :idontknow: never seem to cause ANYONE to wait on me...

Hahahahaha!!! If only!!!!! [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23] I do exactly the same, minus the pushing.... I've often though about putting the jeep into 4low and seeing how many cars I can push through a light. [emoji51]

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
Hahahahaha!!! If only!!!!! [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23] I do exactly the same, minus the pushing.... I've often though about putting the jeep into 4low and seeing how many cars I can push through a light. [emoji51]

3 :yup: :brows: :daydream:

:cheesy:

Keggerbombs

I sit in neutral at red lights. One, im lazy and the less I have to use my left leg the better. Second, I don't care how much of a rush the person behind me is in. I am not stomping the gas the second the light changes. I'm not looking to get t boned in a intersection, I always wait a second before I push forward, even in an automatic. I have too much money in this damn jeep I'm not doing anything to wreck it off the trails haha

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

I put mine in neutral when sitting at a light. I have gone through throwout bearings and I think this would be due to the fact that I did used to leave my manual vehicles in gear at a stop light... clutch plates would be fine, but the throwout bearings would always go out.

I would have to agree with you on this. Leaving it in neutral does add an aspect of enhanced safety due to the fact that you won't be the first one to shoot out into the intersection. I've seen five people this week run stale red lights.

Top Bottom