PSC cylinder assist help

JJK

2014 JKUR

According to PSC's instructions, which are for the 3.8l JK's, the drivers side line of the cylinder should go into the gearbox port closest to the firewall. The problem is the cylinder is working opposite of the way it should. When I turn the wheels to the left the cylinder pulls in. Has anyone else run into this problem?

Cylinder is installed with the arm mounted to the tie rod.

Are the instructions wrong? Is the gearbox ported wrong? Should I just reverse the lines?

Thanks for the help

jeeeep

Hooked
sounds like a line is crossed, are they routed like this?

not sure if you have a cooler but hopefully this will help

PumpwCooler.jpg

JJK

Yep, I just reversed the lines from the way the instructions are and it's working fine. The passengers side of the cylinder is now connected to the port closest to the firewall, which is opposite of PSC's instructions.

JJK

Just spoke with PSC. If you are installing a gearbox that was built around or after 07/15 the ports for the cylinders are reversed. They are currently working on new instructions. He said it was done to clear a Hemi install.

Again, if you're installing on a 3.6 JK with a newer pump the hose from the drivers side port of the cylinder will need to be installed into the gearbox port farthest away from the firewall.

jeeeep

Hooked
Just spoke with PSC. If you are installing a gearbox that was built around or after 07/15 the ports for the cylinders are reversed. They are currently working on new instructions. He said it was done to clear a Hemi install.

Again, if you're installing on a 3.6 JK with a newer pump the hose from the drivers side port of the cylinder will need to be installed into the gearbox port farthest away from the firewall.

good to know :thumb:

Is it a PSC gearbox or the stock Jeep gearbox?

Top Bottom