Pro rock 44 unlimited help on setting caster

JK's JK

Banned
and Tigricky was looking at the teraflex they also have two mounting holes i assume for even further adjustment hmm need to decide between these or synergy i like the idea of the synergy cuz i dont have to take them off to adjust them

If you plan on going long arm then I'd just get something that works. 280 I think is a good price??

****EDIT****

:cheesy:

mrmet1983

go with synergy hands down stay away from teraflex unless they are the only option :twocents: or on monday call evo and see what they have/ recommend :thumb:

pretty sure evo doesnt do upper just front lowers so i think im going to pull the trigger on the synergy ones and if they are still to short ill go teraflex as a last resort

mrmet1983

If you plan on going long arm then I'd just get something that works. 280 I think is a good price??

****EDIT****

:cheesy:

i do maybe down the line was hoping that adjustable wud be good for now so i dont have to cut off my control arm mounts but we shall see how these synergy ones work and if they are good might just keep it as is

mrmet1983

pulled the trigger on the synergy will have to see how long i can set them when they get here next week thanks for ur help guys will post up some pics and let you all know how it works out

mrmet1983

Well the synergy upper fronts came today and much much longer then the currie rock jock ones these should work just fine here is a pic of them at 19.75" and I haven't even touched the adjuster sleeve and still have half the rod end threads threaded in the sleeve ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1392134934.670897.jpg

I don't always wheel , but when I do I keep it tight......... Stay dirty my friends.

Tigrcky

Well the synergy upper fronts came today and much much longer then the currie rock jock ones these should work just fine here is a pic of them at 19.75" and I haven't even touched the adjuster sleeve and still have half the rod end threads threaded in the sleeve View attachment 68682

I don't always wheel , but when I do I keep it tight......... Stay dirty my friends.
Woooo good to hear!!

Sent from my whatchamacallit

mrmet1983

Synergy uppers fixed the problem still need to get it on the alignment rack but so much better ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1392163332.569365.jpg

Buster3479

Reviving a few month oldie. How is your rig currently running? What caster setting did you end up with?

I'm currently running Synergy fixed HD longer lowers, with Synergy uppers on my PR 44. I have it set for about 6/4 split at the moment with the unlimited housing. I'm sitting on 3.5" of actual lift. Pretty close to dialed in with that setting, but I'd like to get a little better return to center to be honest for really long trips. We took our rig 14 hours by road to North Carolina to pick up half doors and spend a day on the beach, and I noticed a reduction in return to center on the trip. I'll take a picture of the spring bow next time I pull a front tire for you to compare.

I can honestly say everything is better and tighter than it was before I redid the front end with the new housing, arms, trackbar, tie rod, and draglink, but I'm still tweaking. We don't have a good 4wd alignment shop available, and I'm afraid anyone I take it to will give it back in worse shape than I give it to them in. It's happened twice with two different lifts. "Here, take my money, and kick me in the cahones while you're at it, will ya?"

Top Bottom