Pro rock 44 unlimited help on setting caster

mrmet1983

can you do us all a favor and go measure the uppers from bolt center line to center line so we can help you find longer upper CAs?

the longest i was able to get the front uppers without them basically being held on by one thread was 19 1/8 i need a set that i can set to atleast 19 3/8 more like 19 3/4 " to be safe maybe even 20" max

mrmet1983

thanks guys think im going with synergy they have an adjusting sleeve which wud naturally let them extend longer i think this will solve my problem so looks like ill be selling a par of upper currie rock jock control arms lol

Tigrcky

Just adjust them, measure the caster, adjust, measure, adjust and repeat. It's not that difficult.

he did that but the front axle is still to far back and its causing the coil springs to be at an angle due to the upper control arm not being long enough.

mrmet1983

Just adjust them, measure the caster, adjust, measure, adjust and repeat. It's not that difficult.

if you havent read my original post thats not the problem at all maybe u shoul dgo back and read the previous posts the problem is my adjustable upper dont adjust long enought o what i need in order to center my axle and have correct caster for my prorock

Tigrcky

damn it i dont want tera flex lol but shit if they go out that long might be what i need and its not that bad cuz its the upper so no rubber bushing crap

i really dont care for teraflex either, and synergy makes some really long ones at like 24 inches fully collapsed

mrmet1983

i really dont care for teraflex either, and synergy makes some really long ones at like 24 inches fully collapsed

yea i think 24 is a little to long but the thing that made me look at them is that they have an adjusting sleeve so that in itself should give me the xtra length being that i can pull out the sleeve and the rod end unless the make the actual tube shorter since they have this kind of adjustment

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
if you havent read my original post thats not the problem at all maybe u shoul dgo back and read the previous posts the problem is my adjustable upper dont adjust long enought o what i need in order to center my axle and have correct caster for my prorock

I didn't read it cause I really don't care but my guess is user error.

mrmet1983

I didn't read it cause I really don't care but my guess is user error.

so then dont chime in u act like such a troll on here just move on cuz i sure dont need pointless comments that dont help just so u can get a post count up which tends to be ur MO

mrmet1983

and Tigricky was looking at the teraflex they also have two mounting holes i assume for even further adjustment hmm need to decide between these or synergy i like the idea of the synergy cuz i dont have to take them off to adjust them

Tigrcky

and Tigricky was looking at the teraflex they also have two mounting holes i assume for even further adjustment hmm need to decide between these or synergy i like the idea of the synergy cuz i dont have to take them off to adjust them

go with synergy hands down stay away from teraflex unless they are the only option :twocents: or on monday call evo and see what they have/ recommend :thumb:

Top Bottom