PRESS RELEASE : Meet The New Jeep JK BIG BORE XDII-R

I don't know how this particular box is supposed to feel as there is basically no info on it yet, but I know some of their hydro setups say they retain a stock steering feel. Whatever that means in real life, I don't know. I am also wanting to know the same on this XDII-R box and if it get's way too light of a feeling.

I'll have XDll in two weeks. I'll update everyone after the install. I hope to not add an assist purely to maintain as much feel in the steering wheel as possible. The great thing about the XDll is I can do this in stages. If I'm still struggling turning after the install, the unit is ported and I can upgrade the pump and add the ram. As Eddie posted at the beginning of the thread, he's seen a selector shaft break with a ram. That added insurance of the Beefier components is great too.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

I'll have XDll in two weeks. I'll update everyone after the install. I hope to not add an assist purely to maintain as much feel in the steering wheel as possible. The great thing about the XDll is I can do this in stages. If I'm still struggling turning after the install, the unit is ported and I can upgrade the pump and add the ram. As Eddie posted at the beginning of the thread, he's seen a selector shaft break with a ram. That added insurance of the Beefier components is great too.

Definitely see value in the benefits but don't want to get this new box then add ram assist and lose all feeling. Let us know how it goes/feels. Very interested.

Let's hope PSC comes through on their delivery times, I am interested to know. It's also still baffling there are only a handful of bullet points describing this unit. Come on PSC.

For sure! They've been great. They said it should ship around the 10th. I'll post it up once it arrives. I agree on the bullet points. I don't want to try to list the differences between the big bore and the ll as it was explained to me by PSC on the phone, but website summarizes it.

For sure! They've been great. They said it should ship around the 10th. I'll post it up once it arrives. I agree on the bullet points. I don't want to try to list the differences between the big bore and the ll as it was explained to me by PSC on the phone, but website summarizes it.

Any update on when they'll be shipping the new units out?

I agreed the cost isn't the factor. Adding a bigger box to assist and making it have nearly zero feeling (while daily driving) is my concern. I drove Randy's green jeep (I think it purchased it from someone on WAL) and he's setup with Hydro and OEM box and man was it a different driving experience. I don't think I'd want it to be any less firm than that.

All of the ones I've driven or been around with the PSC assist seem to have a bit of their own character. Some are definitely lighter than others, but none are numb like a full hydro setup.

My understanding is it as much dependent on the PS pump as anything else.

Awesome! Called PSC and they said a new ram kit with this box will be on their site soon. Kit with box will be near $2800 or so which included Texas sales tax.

:shock:

If going the ram route, should one even consider upgrading to this box? Seems like it's very unnecessary to have both...

If going the ram route, should one even consider upgrading to this box? Seems like it's very unnecessary to have both...

You can start with the box and add ram if needed.
I ordered mine last Friday. I got the box ported/capped. If I ever decide I want to add ram I can just pull the plug out and add a line feeding the ram.

Awesome! Called PSC and they said a new ram kit with this box will be on their site soon. Kit with box will be near $2800 or so which included Texas sales tax.

Holy what... buying the XD-II and piecing together a hydro kit was only around $2200 I thought. Wondering why it's so steep.

Holy what... buying the XD-II and piecing together a hydro kit was only around $2200 I thought. Wondering why it's so steep.

That includes 8.25% sales tax, however, I believe the new box has a new kit that they are still working on. He said they were lookinto add or subtract stuff before putting it online so the price could change. This price was a starting price though if I buy today. We decided to wait until the XD60 comes in to see if the package changes.

Probably not unless you like to drive fast offroad. Being we're both from NC, I doubt there's anywhere you could (nearby) so it's overkill.

Image1503869325.279395.jpgImage1503869350.467971.jpg

My XDll-R arrived this weekend! It is massive. You can see how much larger it is than the OEM unit that I pulled when I installed the big bore XD. When I pull the old XD next weekend, I will layout all three gears to show the difference.

Top Bottom