PA law with fenders and tires

Sheaffadelic

Caught the Bug
Sunday I got ticket #2 from the same state cop about my tires (33x12.5) wider than my fenders (cut stock). He's just tagging me every time he sees me.

So I'm asking for options. Ideas of fenders to possibly buy. Also I'm planning to buy tires here soon. I don't want to go with a skinnier tire but it's my last option. Just asking for ideas!

Thanks!

WJCO

Meme King
Sunday I got ticket #2 from the same state cop about my tires (33x12.5) wider than my fenders (cut stock). He's just tagging me every time he sees me.

So I'm asking for options. Ideas of fenders to possibly buy. Also I'm planning to buy tires here soon. I don't want to go with a skinnier tire but it's my last option. Just asking for ideas!

Thanks!

Paint your Jeep camo so he won't see you. Seriously though, what a dick head. I hate in when cops come after people for trivial things.

Sheaffadelic

Caught the Bug
Paint your Jeep camo so he won't see you. Seriously though, what a dick head. I hate in when cops come after people for trivial things.

This guy DOES NOT like me. Probably because I have my interpretation of the laws that doesn't agree with his and I try and talk myself out of it.

Recurve

This guy DOES NOT like me. Probably because I have my interpretation of the laws that doesn't agree with his and I try and talk myself out of it.

Yeah I got pulled over in Shippensburg for the same thing. It was a town cop though, state cops usually ignore my big ass jeep lol.

Ddays

Hooked

Thanks!

You're the first person I've heard of in Pa that's been ticketed for that EVER. What's he telling you that you need to do?

edit: Ok, so now its two...I'm avoiding South Central Pa!

CZEBJKU

Ouch! That really sucks! I have heard of that in PA before. The guy bought some Bushwhacker flairs and he was good to go.

I get the same treatment up here in ND, the local cops don't really hassle me at all but the highway patrol dinged me for a fix it ticket... dude even said "you have a BA jeep and I feel bad for doing this but my supervisor is right behind me" so he didn't really have much of a choice. :doh:

Sheaffadelic

Caught the Bug
I get the same treatment up here in ND, the local cops don't really hassle me at all but the highway patrol dinged me for a fix it ticket... dude even said "you have a BA jeep and I feel bad for doing this but my supervisor is right behind me" so he didn't really have much of a choice. :doh:

This cop tagged me twice. Last time he made a U-turn followed me for a mile then hit the lights. He just watches for me

This cop tagged me twice. Last time he made a U-turn followed me for a mile then hit the lights. He just watches for me

Yeah my guy pulled behind me and pulled up kinda close to me and I just had the feeling of "he's following really close, probably going to pull me over" sure enough he lit me up. :cheesy:

highoctane

Caught the Bug
Yeah I got pulled over in Shippensburg for the same thing. It was a town cop though, state cops usually ignore my big ass jeep lol.

I'm from Shippensburg, cops there really don't do much else than ticket for non D.O.T. headlights, tires, exhaust, etc.

Sheaffadelic

Caught the Bug
I'm from Shippensburg, cops there really don't do much else than ticket for non D.O.T. headlights, tires, exhaust, etc.

It doesn't help that I pretty much have to pass the state police station on my way home every day. And both tickets were within a mile from there.

newtdog

Dickhead? Everyone who owns a modified Jeep knows they're taking a chance on getting a fix-it ticket. Since when is a rock tagging someone's windshield trivial?

And to the OP.... Are your fenders stocks that are cut?

Ddays

Hooked
Dickhead? Everyone who owns a modified Jeep knows they're taking a chance on getting a fix-it ticket. Since when is a rock tagging someone's windshield trivial?

Yeah, cause only jeeps with cut fenders throw rocks?! :naw:

WJCO

Meme King

Yes a dickhead. I prefer dealing with cops who don't bow down to the petty laws passed by whore bureaucrats and treat people like people rather than peons. The type of cops who support American ideals rather than political systems. But what do I know? I guess just remembering what America used to be like. There's still good cops out there though. From the OP's post, it sounds like this cop is just out to get him. I get a broken windshield almost every year from rocks, and not from Jeeps with wider tires or modified fenders, just sayin.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Let's keep this this thread on track please and stop trying to turn this into a cop bashing thread.

Here is nicks question again for everyone

Thanks!

Top Bottom