Overlanding trailers

PT1400

IMG_5268.JPG

Not very pretty but it'll go down the road. There's a stove, ice chest, lights, 12v chargers, etc. probably did the whole thing for about $500.

Mybadjk

Caught the Bug
There are some decent plans on the net for how to reconfigure those HF trailers, and how to make them a bit stronger. I almost pulled the trigger about 6 months ago figuring even if I was $1k all in, that was still a bargain. Then I started looking at Timbren trailer suspensions and the cost of a large, locking box, both of which bumped the price up significantly so I didn't get the trailer.

Now I have my eye on Lead Dog Motorsports' trailer. It's not going to run tougher trails, but it would be perfect for 95% of everything I would ever do and I like the idea of no tent to screw with. Price point is a lot higher though, but nowhere near what a Moby1 runs.

The lead dog offroad trailer looks pretty cool.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Journeyman

If you guys have never checked out Adventure Trailers out of Prescott Arizona do it. They've got a ton of experience and can handle anything you need. They are also a top notch business and all around rad people!

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
Not sure I would trust a harbor freight anything where it really counts. For what it's worth, my opinion would be to start with something more robust. This was the overland trailer I had when I was on the mainland. It's built off an M416 military trailer chassis.

IMG_1410.jpg
IMG_1408.jpg
IMG_1434.jpg

If I were to buy a pre made trailer, I would look seriously at Ruger Trailers. They are pretty basic, but with all the stuff you need and pretty affordable as far as these types of trailers go.

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
If you guys have never checked out Adventure Trailers out of Prescott Arizona do it. They've got a ton of experience and can handle anything you need. They are also a top notch business and all around rad people!

AT definitely has some sweet products. They are certainly not cheap, but their joint venture with Nemo Outdoors to make the Jeep Habitat top is awesome. I'd love to have that top and their full Jeep overland setup in the cargo area for sure!

Wow, that's actually a pretty sweet trailer! Looks like it has plenty of storage space. Are they making these in the US? Very nice! [emoji106]

AT definitely has some sweet products. They are certainly not cheap, but their joint venture with Nemo Outdoors to make the Jeep Habitat top is awesome. I'd love to have that top and their full Jeep overland setup in the cargo area for sure!

Wow, that's actually a pretty sweet trailer! Looks like it has plenty of storage space. Are they making these in the US? Very nice! [emoji106]

IMG_2413.jpg IMG_2414.jpg
Working on it getting it where I want I need to find someone that can do some fabrication want to change the size of the spare tire holder that way I can get a propane bottle and a water heater mounted
IMG_2436.jpg IMG_2441.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app IMG_2438.jpg

Top Bottom