Orion

TrailHunter

Hooked
Finally got around to building a shelf in the cargo area... I needed some type of separation from the tools/recovery gear, the 5 gallon water filter; and my sleep system, fishing shit, hiking bags, clothes etc.... So the way this is set up now the sleeping system can stay on the shelf until I need it... with easy quick access to everything else. And there is still plenty of room for all of our clothes bags... My original plan was to mock it up with plywood then build it out of steel... But I'm pretty happy with it so I think I'll just glue black carpet on the ply and call it good... It's strapped down, is easily removable and I can still access that rear floor hatch if needed. And I can run with or without a cooler depending on the trip. Simple.

EAE7F415-736A-4CA2-AFBB-F5687E9C96CA.jpeg 0C499C20-7BF7-4AC8-8834-9F2A1107F00F.jpeg AABCEF64-189C-44CF-81FB-C5E4C0AE67A7.jpeg 0F406C4B-411A-4839-9C68-C2E7AA023F3E.jpeg 80A036F3-4EA5-41DF-ACA6-30021B711A58.jpeg 549BBCC0-6F87-4955-BAAD-B5AD70BEECBC.jpeg 2B147320-D74A-41A8-92B9-793F576077B8.jpeg

wjtstudios

Hooked
The carpet over the plywood works great. It deadens any sounds coming from things resting or sitting on it.

C51F6FFD-64EA-4903-8570-A7D3844A9A1C.jpeg
Old picture after a run, so it is dirty as hell. I did abandon the lower storage area. For safety there’s a 3/4” plywood floor built into it that is bolted down. The whole assembly is strong enough for me (or my kids) to stand on it.

TrailHunter

Hooked
The carpet over the plywood works great. It deadens any sounds coming from things resting or sitting on it.

View attachment 364450
Old picture after a run, so it is dirty as hell. I did abandon the lower storage area. For safety there’s a 3/4” plywood floor built into it that is bolted down. The whole assembly is strong enough for me (or my kids) to stand on it.
Nice... separating the tooI area really does help... and I also thought about abandoning the hatch, but right now every little place to throw something helps.

wjtstudios

Hooked
Nice... separating the tooI area really does help... and I also thought about abandoning the hatch, but right now every little place to throw something helps.
Mostly, I don’t store anything on top except for the half door uppers, but we are typically not camping like you guys. I run a bestop tonneau cover over it snd put the uppers bag on top of that. It’s held in place by the spare and roll bars

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

TrailHunter

Hooked
Great pictures!

Thanks... I could spend all day there finding good shots.

Great shots! Haven't been out there in years. Bummer that so much of it burned.

Thanks Man... I must have said “This was all Green last year” 50 times... it’s a bummer for sure. There has to be a lot more trails up there to explore.

Amazing pictures

Thanks.

Nice...cooler, or no cooler?

Lol... No cooler.. We left the cabin at 5:30am and were drinkin Beers on the Lake by Noon. 🍺

benatc1

Hooked
Despite all the BS.. Cali is a beautiful state. You will enjoy the trip. Hopefully some of us members can show you around .. or at the very least, lead you in the right direction. 👍🏽
That so true, I'd love to live there because how nice it is, but just can't do it, fortunately I'm so close but I'd have to say Cali across the board has some of the most beautiful scenery I've seen, has all the varieties too.

TrailHunter

Hooked
That so true, I'd love to live there because how nice it is, but just can't do it, fortunately I'm so close but I'd have to say Cali across the board has some of the most beautiful scenery I've seen, has all the varieties too.

For Sure! Desert, Forest, Rocks, Beaches, Lakes, Rivers.... pick your poison.

Jsouder53

Hooked
Despite all the BS.. Cali is a beautiful state. You will enjoy the trip. Hopefully some of us members can show you around .. or at the very least, lead you in the right direction. 👍🏽
Cali is certainly a beautiful state from the pictures I see! One day it will happen and would love to meet up with as many members as possible!

Top Bottom