Ordered my JL last week, need some advice!

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
That statement of the dealer installing will allow it to be covered under warranty is not accurate. To be clear, your warranty is with Jeep, not with the dealer. Plenty of times, with evidence here, has stuff been installed at dealerships and warranty has been denied or voided. It is simple not a true statement.

WJCO

Meme King
Casey told me that you can retain 100% factory warranty with the Mopar kit
To be clear Mac, that’s only if the dealer installs it. So keep that in mind
That statement of the dealer installing will allow it to be covered under warranty is not accurate. To be clear, your warranty is with Jeep, not with the dealer. Plenty of times, with evidence here, has stuff been installed at dealerships and warranty has been denied or voided. It is simple not a true statement.
If a dealer tells you any lift kit will not affect the factory warranty, get it in writing.

As Overlander said, I have personally seen MANY cases where the manufacturer will tell you to pound sand while denying a claim on a modified vehicle.

My bad for not being clear. In order for the lift kit components to retain their 12/12 warranty it has to be installed by the dealer.

Again, not true. The dealership may give you a warranty of some sort but that is not the vehicle warranty.
The Mopar lift is a factory accessory. I’m order for the warranty of that accessory to stay valid that accessory has to be installed by the dealer. I’m referring to the parts warranty here. Not the vehicle warranty. Again, my fault for not being clear on that in my previous comments.

BlueRubicon

Caught the Bug
The Mopar lift is a factory accessory. I’m order for the warranty of that accessory to stay valid that accessory has to be installed by the dealer. I’m referring to the parts warranty here. Not the vehicle warranty. Again, my fault for not being clear on that in my previous comments.

Ddays

Hooked
Casey also recommended this setup to me! Are you running 37x13.50's? No rubbing at all? Are you on 100% stock fenders?
Not 13.50's, they're 12.50's on Chamber Pros (4" backspacing) on stock fenders. The 13.50's would certainly rub without spacers. You do have to remove the spacers from the sides of the rear bumper though. But it's been wheeled pretty hard and while there is some rubbing under extreme articulation, it's acceptable.

I just ordered the Quake LED fender chop lights and Paramount inner liners so I can take the bottom of the fenders out for more clearance. Shouldn't be any rubbing at all after that.

You’ll have to decide which is most important. They’re all going to “ride” great but ride quality is subjective. If you want something that will be a more complete kit and perform great Offroad and give you a true lift height then the Dynatrac and Rancho lifts are probably a better choice. They’re all going to work well though. Just depends on which is more important to you.

BlueRubicon

Caught the Bug
Greenmachine...whatever lift you opt to purchase, I would strongly recommend doing yourself if capable. For one it gets you hands on experience with the procedure which will help you on the trails...Not if, but when! Two, you will pay TOO much at the dealer, and
three, I would never let the dealer near me, touch this. I don't care if I would of got 12/12 dealer warranty. None of the techs drive a Wrangler and none of them off road. They have also said the dumbest things to me exposing their ignorance. It isn't worth the aggravation.
Another tid bit, My 2" Mopar lift yielded closer to 3"

trailraider

I am currently driving a turbo. I think for bombing around town its great. It gets way better mileage then the Mojave. Only thing I wish this one had was heated seats and steering wheel. Other then that, for a DD it's been fun. It has enough jam I can actually drive like an asshole again. Can't do that in my JK.

I am currently driving a turbo. I think for bombing around town its great. It gets way better mileage then the Mojave. Only thing I wish this one had was heated seats and steering wheel. Other then that, for a DD it's been fun. It has enough jam I can actually drive like an asshole again. Can't do that in my JK.
I'm excited to drive it!! I wasn't going to opt for cold weather package but I figured I'd miss not having all the items included in it for the price if I didn't have them.

You’ll have to decide which is most important. They’re all going to “ride” great but ride quality is subjective. If you want something that will be a more complete kit and perform great Offroad and give you a true lift height then the Dynatrac and Rancho lifts are probably a better choice. They’re all going to work well though. Just depends on which is more important to you.
I may look into the Dynatrac setup, I trust the brand name. I don't have any experience with Rancho but maybe I should look into them as well!

If a dealer tells you any lift kit will not affect the factory warranty, get it in writing.

As Overlander said, I have personally seen MANY cases where the manufacturer will tell you to pound sand while denying a claim on a modified vehicle.
Most certainly. I think I got really lucky with my JK, I had a great dealer that didn't care that it was modified.

trailraider

I figured that any Mopar accessory retained the factory warranty? I guess it must depend on the dealer. It's a really iffy area with anything that isn't "stock to the vehicle".
Depends. The lifts that start with a "P" do not carry any warranty(performance classification) but parts starting with a 77 part # carry the same as if you bought it out the factory.

If a dealer denies warranty because it was modified , it's most likely because it was an aftermarket installed part. Chrysler pays parts and labour for warranty on any Mopar 77# lift kits .

4PLAY

The Mopar kits are underrated by many, but with a just few other aftermarket goodies (adjustable track bar, at least adjustable lower front control arms) they are really hard to beat if you are just running 35's. My JLR with a modified Mopar lift rode and handled great on road and did very well off road...
Then I thought I just wanted more: More lift, more flex, more (bigger) tires, more power/acceleration, lower gears, stronger axles...
What is that old saying, 'The Road To Hell Is Paved With Good Intentions'? I will get her back dialed in perfectly but a hell of lot of work and $$ just to go to 37's and make it all work properly together.

Top Bottom