Ordered my JL last week, need some advice!

Hey guys!

I ordered my JLUR last week, I opted for the 2.0t (As I wanted a non-hybrid with an automatic, and did not want the diesel). I also opted for the standard cloth seats, with the cold weather package, aux switch package, LED lighting package, as well as a black hardtop with the factory branded sunrider fliptop.

How do you 2.0t guys like them? I have heard great things about the engine, especially the low-end torque!

Since I already have my JK thats on Dynatracs & 40's for my "extreme" off-roader, I want to keep this JL a lot more streetable and a good daily driver that I can easily drive across the country if need be. I'm thinking a 2" budget boost and 35's, as well as a few aftermarket lighting accessories.

What is the best small lift kit for JL's that will improve offroad as well as on-road performance? What are y'all's tire recommendations? I've always sworn by Goodyear but I am open to try something else!

Just order up the Mopar 2”lift and skip the garbage “budget” boosts that just use shock extensions and spring spacers. The Mopar kit is inexpensive and if you have the dealer install it (not necessary as it’s as simple as it gets) at the time of delivery then it will be covered under your factory warranty. I wouldn’t bother spending a ton of cash to fit some 35’s honestly.

Also fuck Goodyear. They might be a tire you like but they’re so politically fucked up as are the companies they have under their flag. 35” Nitto Ridge grapplers and send it bro.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Just order up the Mopar 2”lift and skip the garbage “budget” boosts that just use shock extensions and spring spacers. The Mopar kit is inexpensive and if you have the dealer install it (not necessary as it’s as simple as it gets) at the time of delivery then it will be covered under your factory warranty. I wouldn’t bother spending a ton of cash to fit some 35’s honestly.

Also fuck Goodyear. They might be a tire you like but they’re so politically fucked up as are the companies they have under their flag. 35” Nitto Ridge grapplers and send it bro.
This ^^^^

The Mopar kit had issues early on but they've since been addressed and I personally would recommend it over most of the aftermarket kits out there. If budget is a concern, I personally think that the Rancho Sport kit is a great kit and what I personally would run, even over a lot of the more expensive options available out there.

This ^^^^

The Mopar kit had issues early on but they've since been addressed and I personally would recommend it over most of the aftermarket kits out there. If budget is a concern, I personally think that the Rancho Sport kit is a great kit and what I personally would run, even over a lot of the more expensive options available out there.
Also this^^^ you guys beat the daylights out of your Rancho kit and it didn’t seem to care.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Also this^^^ you guys beat the daylights out of your Rancho kit and it didn’t seem to care.
Yup. Best part about it is that it's way more affordable and it yielded 2.5" of lift. Some of the other more expensive lifts we tested gave only 2" of lift or less when all was said and done and that kinda sucked. Or at least, for trying to run 37's. And, if you decide you don't like it, it's not like you're out a ton of money to try again.

WJCO

Meme King
Hey guys!

I ordered my JLUR last week, I opted for the 2.0t (As I wanted a non-hybrid with an automatic, and did not want the diesel). I also opted for the standard cloth seats, with the cold weather package, aux switch package, LED lighting package, as well as a black hardtop with the factory branded sunrider fliptop.

How do you 2.0t guys like them? I have heard great things about the engine, especially the low-end torque!

Since I already have my JK thats on Dynatracs & 40's for my "extreme" off-roader, I want to keep this JL a lot more streetable and a good daily driver that I can easily drive across the country if need be. I'm thinking a 2" budget boost and 35's, as well as a few aftermarket lighting accessories.

What is the best small lift kit for JL's that will improve offroad as well as on-road performance? What are y'all's tire recommendations? I've always sworn by Goodyear but I am open to try something else!
We've got about 9k on our 2.0 Sport and have run 35s on it pretty much since day one. No complaints so far. Not sure if we're going to go 37s or not but with 35s, a small lift would make it look more balanced.

Last edited:

Lperdue

Hey I just pulled the Mopar lift off of Jaela’s JL it rode great for what it was only down side was it wasn’t tall enough like a few others has pointed out.

If you want you can have the Mopar lift minus the shocks since we didn’t get around to upgrading hers yet. I should mention it’s also for 2021- present 2.0 turbo JLUR. I have to much shit in my garage trying to down size 😅

Hey I just pulled the Mopar lift off of Jaela’s JL it rode great for what it was only down side was it wasn’t tall enough like a few others has pointed out.

If you want you can have the Mopar lift minus the shocks since we didn’t get around to upgrading hers yet. I should mention it’s also for 2021- present 2.0 turbo JLUR. I have to much shit in my garage trying to down size 😅
So rad of you to offer. I know Mac personally. I could probably figure out a way to snag it from you as I’m a little closer to you than he is if you guys strike a deal

Lperdue

So rad of you to offer. I know Mac personally. I could probably figure out a way to snag it from you as I’m a little closer to you than he is if you guys strike a deal
Lol it’s free if he wants them, you can come by and pick it up anytime or I can meet you half way.

Last edited:
Lol it’s free if he wants them, you can come by and pick it up anytime or I can meet you half way.
Haha rad I’ll let him know when I talk to him again. I’m planning a SH trip in the next month or 2. I can make the jog to Vegas or you could like… come play with our group 😎

Lperdue

Haha rad I’ll let him know when I talk to him again. I’m planning a SH trip in the next month or 2. I can make the jog to Vegas or you could like… come play with our group 😎
Never been to Sand Hallow I’d love to go plus Jaela can officially break in her new lift.

onlyone

As for the lift goes I love the 2” rancho w/ 9000 shocks on my jlu. Ride is really nice and yielded slightly more than 2” like Eddie said
I gotta agree on the Rancho shocks. I added the 9000xl to my gladiator and it has a terrific ride. I understand it’s all subjective but the best riding shocks I have had. Much better than the mopars foxes that came with the Mopar lift on my JLR and the fox 2.0s I had on my JLUR. Not sure why people bash the Ranchos, probably since they aren’t as pretty as the rest. I love them.

I do think I'll go with the Mopar kit! Casey told me that you can retain 100% factory warranty with the Mopar kit, and it will net the on-road driving characteristic advantages that I'm looking for.

I'm running a Dynatrac 2.5" kit on my daily and it's been a really nice kit. Ride is good and I can run 37's on it. I'd recommend to others.
Casey also recommended this setup to me! Are you running 37x13.50's? No rubbing at all? Are you on 100% stock fenders?

Top Bottom