Opinions please

David1tontj

Ok- I'm building some tube fenders, and so far I think I love them. I built my own for several reasons, but mainly because I am a cheap ass, and because I need additional clearance behind the tire to alleviate some minor rubbing.

Here is where your opinions come in- I am building them to be very aggressive looking, and I want the sheet metal to angle, but I worry it won't look right. I have mocked it up with some super thin metal and tape. What do you guys think? Does it look aggressive or does it look like a mistake? Bear in mind that I think they are awesome, and will probably just do it this way anyway, but I am open to some ideas.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1400988517.482815.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1400988542.679821.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1400988566.277990.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1400988583.119300.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1400988600.934766.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1400988626.460286.jpg

My ride- 2001 power wheel, 11" plastic tires, upgraded battery, boat sides, custom bumpers, tow hooks, new paint.

David1tontj

They cover up you wayalife sticker to much lol, looks good, should look even better when done.

Yeah that's one of the only down sides to it. Maybe I need to get a couple more hood stickers and move them up. Sucks cause I haven't even had those ones that long.

My ride- 2001 power wheel, 11" plastic tires, upgraded battery, boat sides, custom bumpers, tow hooks, new paint.

Brankz

Ok- I'm building some tube fenders, and so far I think I love them. I built my own for several reasons, but mainly because I am a cheap ass, and because I need additional clearance behind the tire to alleviate some minor rubbing.

Here is where your opinions come in- I am building them to be very aggressive looking, and I want the sheet metal to angle, but I worry it won't look right. I have mocked it up with some super thin metal and tape. What do you guys think? Does it look aggressive or does it look like a mistake? Bear in mind that I think they are awesome, and will probably just do it this way anyway, but I am open to some ideas.

View attachment 84965 View attachment 84966 View attachment 84967 View attachment 84968 View attachment 84969 View attachment 84970

Dam bro your rig looks sexyyyyyyyy

10frank9

Web Wheeler
I actually think they look pretty damn good. Is Lee going to do your welding for you, he's REALLY good? :cheesy:

David1tontj

Is it an optical illusion or do they bow upward in the middle? If so, why? Is that where you're rubbing?

Yes they do, it's the look I was going for. That isn't where it was rubbing, but it didn't have much room there. I think that's what makes it look so aggressive. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1400991383.245944.jpg here you can see where I added some fenderwell. Just pulled the inner fender back to the new line.

4x4Jesus

Caught the Bug
I like them! They remind me of the Metalcloak fenders which I have always thought were really cool. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1400991478.728059.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1400991490.438098.jpg

David1tontj

I actually think they look pretty damn good. Is Lee going to do your welding for you, he's REALLY good? :cheesy:

Thanks Frank! My inspiration came from the metal cloacks/ Yamaha raptor/ my old 2006 silverado. Love the slanted look.

David1tontj

And NO- he will NOT be doing my welding! No offense lee.

Yes- I liked them too, but didn't like how they block the hood, and I wanted the metal to slant like the headlights.

I'll bet yours won't leave little rust trails when it rains either. My Metalcloaks are bad for that.

David1tontj

I think they look good, the next alternative is high line the hood

Sent from my SM-N900V using WAYALIFE mobile app

I thought about that for about 12 seconds... Too much work! Haha

10frank9

Web Wheeler
Those are pretty clean lines David. When will these be done? Are you going to run the rear fender less?

Top Bottom