Online CA Campfire Permit

ArmyofMike

Hello All!

For years, I went to the Ranger stations to get my permits, but found out that you can do it online! There is a very simple, eight question quiz and once you pass, you can print your CA Campfire Permit. May save you some time, driving and the headache/fines of not having one! These are good for Campfires, Charcoal and portable gas stove/BBQ. Even in times where there is a "no campfire" in non-designated areas notice, you can still use a heating/cooking stove with gas that can be shut-off. And with the dry seasons we've had lately, this has been about the only way to cook food in our beautiful mountains.

Here is the link. You watch a video and take an 8 questions quiz (easy).
http://www.preventwildfireca.org/Campfire-Permit/

In all honesty, I always print a few copies and keep one in the Jeep, one in the cookware and one in my SAR Gear.

Have fun!
M

Last edited:

jesse3638

Hooked
I work for a land management agency and didn't even know about it...haha. My prevention officer is doing a good job of educating..;)

jesse3638

Hooked
They've had it for a while. I've known about it for at least a year.

Yeah I just showed him it and he brought up the fact that he did share the link with us. Unfortunately most of us tend not to listen when he speaks...haha. Gues I should have paid closer attention. I was thinking I should have grabbed a book of permits and issued one to everyone on the Newbie run..:crazyeyes:

ArmyofMike

In the Sierras out of Fresno County, they will stop you and ask for your permit right about the time a match comes out of your pocket. I always try to make sure my buddies have a permit. The older online quiz would print a blank permit with only the date on it and you could write anyones info on it. Guess the USDA got smart of this! :cheesy:

Top Bottom