ONE WEEK till SEMA 2023

Brute

Hooked
I remember my first industry trade show…I was very excited to attend, see all the new products, attending seminars etc…by the 20th show, it was more about seeing old friends in the biz than the show itself…rarely was there a new development that would generate any excitement (but occasionally there was)…

I’m sure at this point, you & Cindy are in the same boat (or jeep)…

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
News items saying Stellantis is pulling out of SEMA this year - blaming the UAW strike. Will still be lots of Jeep and offroad exhibitors, but that’s kind of a shame…
Not surprised at all. If anything, I was surprised that they came in to fill in GM's spot in Central. Of course, both GM and Ford pulled out last year and will not be back for 2023. I will say, this would be the first time in 20 years that I've not seen Mopar down in South Hall. Hard not to feel like 2008 all over again.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I remember my first industry trade show…I was very excited to attend, see all the new products, attending seminars etc…by the 20th show, it was more about seeing old friends in the biz than the show itself…rarely was there a new development that would generate any excitement (but occasionally there was)…

I’m sure at this point, you & Cindy are in the same boat (or jeep)…
You know, for a long time, it was just like that. A time to catch up with friends. Unfortunately, so few of those friends are still around due to everyone getting gobbled up by the mega corporations. Also, who ever is left doesn't attend anymore or can't afford it. That part of the show is kind of a bummer.

But, we still love to go if only to see whatever new is there and with any luck, make new friends :)

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Lol, see I saw it as marketing to get people in their booth. 🤣😂
LOL - SEMA is a product show, not a titty bar. Why spend money on travel, food and lodging to see products that you've already seen.

EDIT : I should note that they're not even gonna be at SEMA. Furthering my point, why spend the money to go and show something in person when people are more than happy just to see it on the internet.

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
LOL - SEMA is a product show, not a titty bar. Why spend money on travel, food and lodging to see products that you've already seen.

EDIT : I should note that they're not even gonna be at SEMA. Furthering my point, why spend the money to go and show something in person when people are more than happy just to see it on the internet.
I get it, I had tickets and decided to give them to someone else. I even had hotel and food paid for. It’s not worth it, even to spectate.

kevman65

Hooked
I think you'll find a lot of no shows from vendors this year. It is cheaper to just put together a video or two and throw it on the interwebs.

Trade shows are probably going to start fading away. Why pay all the money to haul goods and staff, pay for a booth, pay room and board, when in today's market a couple of flashy videos will suffice.

LVMohave

I live in Vegas and can't even get into the show.....BUMMER for sure. I'm not in any industry that qualifies to go. I "heard" you can go and see all the vehicles outside for free without actually getting into the show.....can anyone confirm this?

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
I live in Vegas and can't even get into the show.....BUMMER for sure. I'm not in any industry that qualifies to go. I "heard" you can go and see all the vehicles outside for free without actually getting into the show.....can anyone confirm this?
Yes you can, I did read it’s open to the public one day this year as well.

Top Bottom