OFFICIAL 2018 Jeep JL Wrangler Owners Manual - SEE IT NOW!!

longarmwj

Anybody else notice that in the users guide, and you get to the trasnfercase operation it mentions 4 high (if equipped), and 4 low (if equipped)? Are they going to offer a non four wheel drive version of the JL like they did the JK??

longarmwj

I also noticed blind spot monitoring will be offered. I wonder if they will put the sensor in the bumper like most FCA vehicles, or if they will put it in the tail light like the F150 has. It would make sense for the tail light considering the fact Jeep knows most people will probably switch out factory bumpers :idontknow:

dcast122

Too fancy

It looks too fancy. Who’d want to take it off road?

20171015171741-79ad8db4.jpg

Hey Everyone, just wanted to let you all know that FCA Canada has posted up the official 2018 Jeep JL Wrangler User Guide and Manual and you can see the complete PDF files by clicking on the links below:

2018 JEEP® WRANGLER USER GUIDE
2018 JEEP® WRANGLER OWNERS MANUAL

Please give them a look and let us know what if anything you see that sticks out for you! :thumb:

JAGS

Hooked
I'm sure TJ owners said the same thing about the JK.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

That’s a fact Jack...

I'm finding the negative comments hilarious myself.

I can't wait to finally have all the creature comforts that my work rental base model Kia Fortes have.

People rolling on trails in $60-80k+ JKs right now. I don't see that changing in a JL. Seem like as a DD and to/from the trail will be more comfortable.

BobNH

Anybody else notice that in the users guide, and you get to the trasnfercase operation it mentions 4 high (if equipped), and 4 low (if equipped)? Are they going to offer a non four wheel drive version of the JL like they did the JK??
Likely the usual catch all statement. Like my 2008 manual notes U-Connect if equipped, then goes on to say it is not available in the Wrangler and Wrangler Unlimited.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

zombjep

Okay, something else I just saw. First, it's nice that the JL will be coming with an optional keyless push button start. Our Renegade came with it and it was nice to have. That being said, I see that it also has some kind of new optional "STOP/START System" feature which apparently turns off your engine automatically at stops. Apparently, this feature is designed to reduce fuel consumption. :icon_crazy:

I would think that could be a safety hazard on the trails. Maybe it will turn off when in 4WD?

frenchjk

Caught the Bug
I also noticed blind spot monitoring will be offered. I wonder if they will put the sensor in the bumper like most FCA vehicles, or if they will put it in the tail light like the F150 has. It would make sense for the tail light considering the fact Jeep knows most people will probably switch out factory bumpers :idontknow:

on the same register what happens to the blinkers when swapping out fenders or smashing them on the trail........:doh::doh:

Tanktitan

The blind spot monitor is mounted in the tail lights, not the bumper.

Arrcherr

Caught the Bug
For the two door owners they've finally done something keep the rear seats from slamming back and forth every time you slow or accelerate. They also added a track memory to return the passenger seat to it's previous position after you move it forward to get someone in the backseat.

drrags

Winner for me is the 8-speed auto tranny. That's what's in my '14 Grand and I love it. Gear shifts are so transparent. A keyless fob would help prevent me from locking my key in the Jeep, as I'm prone to do about once a week. I am still amazed that my old 2000 GC was more sophisticated than my '16 JKUR.

Regarding the auto-shut-off at stops, from what I understand, is, if you apply the brakes lightly, it won't shut off. I don't know that 1st-hand but read about that when I was researching other vehicles that have the auto-stop. I still don't want it.

BobNH

For the two door owners they've finally done something keep the rear seats from slamming back and forth every time you slow or accelerate. They also added a track memory to return the passenger seat to it's previous position after you move it forward to get someone in the backseat.
IIRC, they have track memory now, but you have to do it just right. Fold forward then slide forward. Putting it back is key: fold the top back FIRST, then slide the seat back. If you slide it first, it goes all the way back.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

JAGS

Hooked
Blind spot monitoring and reverse cam are cool. But particularly for the blind spot, wonder how that will work if you swap/replace your tail lights? That might be harder to do now (like EVO corners for example).

Flat Top

Blind spot monitoring and reverse cam are cool. But particularly for the blind spot, wonder how that will work if you swap/replace your tail lights? That might be harder to do now (like EVO corners for example).

I was wondering the same thing if they ever were to add Adaptive Speed control and the such. It's actually pretty nice on my GC at times, but that big ass sensor on the front end would be a problem for mods.

That being said no adaptive cruise (yet).

Top Bottom