OFFICIAL 2018 Jeep JL Wrangler Owners Manual - SEE IT NOW!!

97mule

Do not like the data recorder! Glad that u can uninstall the TPMS, i know how to use tire gauge. Don't care for the blind spot crap. Hope it can be turned off.

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
We have a Cherokee Trailhawk (2016) with the start/stop feature. It was never explained to us to be a "fuel saving" feature at all. Apparently this technology has been around in Europe for a while now. The idea behind it, as far as I know, is for decreased emissions, not fuel savings. It's made to stop you from idling while stopped at a light, etc. It does take a fraction of a second longer to go from a dead stop, but it's really not that bad. Before your foot is completely off the brake, it starts.

As mentioned, you can turn it off with a button (it's an "A" with a circle around it), but it'll have to be done every time you start the vehicle.

The computer will only shut the engine off under the right conditions - and it's quite good at it. For instance, if it's hot out and you're running AC, the engine with start back up if your cabin temp starts to get higher than what you've specified on the climate control, same with heat. It also won't keep shutting off if your in traffic and inching forward and stopping a lot.

It’s too hot, where I live, for that BS. From the middle of may, to the middle of September, my AC usually stays on high.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

frenchjk

Caught the Bug
I really find the dash very fiatish...........especially the center cluster. Hope it looks better live.........:icon_crazy:

Sahara_Maverick

Whoa!! I had a friend tell me to give page 150 in the Owners Manual a look and low and behold, Jeep did in fact keep the windshield foldable. AND, for those of you who'd even care, it looks a LOT easier to do now too. That being said, I don't think I'll ever be doing it :crazyeyes:

But it appears that they got rid of the A pillar' bolts we use to attach accessories, including racks. Not amused by that.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using WAYALIFE mobile app

Sahara_Maverick

I don't know about y'all, but it kinda freaks me out that the electronics are getting more sophisticated. It's bad enough as it is with all the sensors and shit that can take you down on the trail in the JK. 😔

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407

That's my concern also. Just more stuff to fail.

Talking about fail. How about the TIPM? Was it eliminated or completely redesigned to not kill the engine when it fails?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using WAYALIFE mobile app

It’s too hot, where I live, for that BS. From the middle of may, to the middle of September, my AC usually stays on high.

Its not that bad. My wife's car has it and i commute in her car some to save on gas. It turns of for just a couple of seconds and then kicks back on at the stop lights. It doesn't even really stay off long enough to start feeling hot. it takes some getting used to because you feel the the drive train tension leave and come back. The A/C is a non event. I think it will say off longer once it starts cooling off and the A/C isn't running full blast.

Gadget

Caught the Bug
The 8 speed transmission sounds good but the rest is not enough for me to rush out and get one, I'll wait until all the electronics have been debugged. I wonder if the 8 speed would reduce the need to regear with a slight tire size increase?

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

notnalc68

The 8 speed transmission sounds good but the rest is not enough for me to rush out and get one, I'll wait until all the electronics have been debugged. I wonder if the 8 speed would reduce the need to regear with a slight tire size increase?

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

I’ll bet the manual transmission versions, don’t have the automatic cutoff thingy, at stop lights. Honestly, I bought this automatic JKU, and now I wish it was a manual.

BobNH

I’ll bet the manual transmission versions, don’t have the automatic cutoff thingy, at stop lights. Honestly, I bought this automatic JKU, and now I wish it was a manual.

If I read it correctly, it does have it, but disables when clutch is fully pressed in. I never had time to go back and read it again though to be sure. But it does seem to have it.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

notnalc68

If I read it correctly, it does have it, but disables when clutch is fully pressed in. I never had time to go back and read it again though to be sure. But it does seem to have it.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

That’s a deal breaker, for me. Looks like I’ll keep the JK. I was interested in a Scrambler, but now it’ll probably be a Motech LS in the JK when, the 3.6 craps out.

woof359

new bells and whistles

the newish electronics have been around for a while on the Toyotas I work on and while we don't have a lot of problems with them they are $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ to fix. maybe I missed it but is the oil filter gone from on top ? 0/20 gonna be like 80 bucks at the dealer but on Toys its every 10,000 miles.

Judesign

Caught the Bug
I’m curious about the axles now that it’s a 22mm for lugs. I guess it could be nothing but maybe the bearing hub assembly will be a little heavier duty and longer lasting on bigger tires.

kflohrit

Whoa!! I had a friend tell me to give page 150 in the Owners Manual a look and low and behold, Jeep did in fact keep the windshield foldable. AND, for those of you who'd even care, it looks a LOT easier to do now too. That being said, I don't think I'll ever be doing it :crazyeyes:

Yes, I noticed this in the pic on the brochure.... they changed the hinge deign as well... not the great big long one.

Top Bottom