OBD JScan - Program With Your Smart Phone

nbunga

Caught the Bug
I just ordered 35’s and will need to reprogram and came across this write up. Are any of the OBD Adapters preferred over the others on their website. Looking for whatever is most user friendly.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

I use this one. Always links up to my iPhone no problems. Just used it today to center my steering. IMG_0998.jpg

vgate iCar Pro Bluetooth 4.0 (BLE) OBD2 Fault Code Reader OBDII Code Scanner Car Check Engine Light iOS iPhone iPad/Android https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06XGB4873/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_u9r.EbFJV8G0E

sipafz

Caught the Bug
They all work the same. Either they work or they don’t. There are a bunch listed within this topic starting at post #1.

wjtstudios

Hooked
Plus you have a chance to clean all the coffee spills out from under the center console.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

And kids snacks, all that Drummond and Windrock dust. Lots of nasty crap

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

jdofmemi

Plus you have a chance to clean all the coffee spills out from under the center console.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

After seeing what was under there, it should be a yearly task to pull the seats and center console to clean the debris. Especially if you wheel with the Jeep opened up like I do.

Toughest part was getting the little wire for the courtesy lamp in the cupholder unplugged. The wire is barely long enough, and it's hard to see the first time.

It was also the first time I noticed the Jeep grille inside the cupholder.

wjtstudios

Hooked
After seeing what was under there, it should be a yearly task to pull the seats and center console to clean the debris. Especially if you wheel with the Jeep opened up like I do.

Toughest part was getting the little wire for the courtesy lamp in the cupholder unplugged. The wire is barely long enough, and it's hard to see the first time.

It was also the first time I noticed the Jeep grille inside the cupholder.

Those little Easter eggs are always cool to find.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

joewick

I use this one. Always links up to my iPhone no problems. Just used it today to center my steering. View attachment 349709

vgate iCar Pro Bluetooth 4.0 (BLE) OBD2 Fault Code Reader OBDII Code Scanner Car Check Engine Light iOS iPhone iPad/Android https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06XGB4873/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_u9r.EbFJV8G0E
There are many OBD2 Scanner in the market but most of them are not user friendly, some of them really give us great services. Ancel AD310 is one of them. https://obd2scannertools.org/ancel-ad310-review This scanner has an auto code reading system, checking engine trouble codes, real-time performance monitor system.

Last edited:

bekel

how are you liking it my trail dash went out again 2nd time in 4years looking at this to replace it for setting gears an tire size cant see giving trail dash another 100$ to fix it again

sipafz

Caught the Bug
how are you liking it my trail dash went out again 2nd time in 4years looking at this to replace it for setting gears an tire size cant see giving trail dash another 100$ to fix it again
It’s been working fine for me. They offer a “Trail View” mode although probably much simpler than your trail dash. This is just a screenshot using dummy data:

76308882-7601-479D-B725-6A3624AFC878.png

MericaMade

I got rid of my TD as soon as I got Jscan. Jscan is a much better tool IMO.

sipafz

Caught the Bug
Thread revival; I used JScan to disable the ESS on my 2022 Wrangler with 2L I4 engine and cold weather group. I didn’t realize that disabling the stop / start would also disable the remote start. Further research shows that this is a documented side affect with no further solution as far as JScan goes. After some consideration, I decided to live with the remote start disabled, but experienced some hesitation when accelerating and engine shut down while shifting from drive to park with the engine restarting again once it’s in park. Weird! After a day of those shenanigans I changed the program to enable the ESS and all is back to normal. Just wondering if anyone else has had a negative experience as described?

Now I’m looking at adding a dongle that memorizes the ESS kill switch setting. Has anyone tried this product?

B658F449-C2B0-414A-B519-CBD255AFA45D.png

Top Bottom