Northridge gearpackage

DA RUNT

Just curious if anyone has installed or used these and if you have any feedback. Looking at a re-gear soon and exploring all my options. I'll be putting 5.13's in a 13 JKUR with about 2500 miles on the odometer. Here's a link to the product
gears

Just curious if anyone has installed or used these and if you have any feedback. Looking at a re-gear soon and exploring all my options. I'll be putting 5.13's in a 13 JKUR with about 2500 miles on the odometer. Here's a link to the product
gears

Not sure where you reside but ORE usually runs a special for regearing. Check out ORE, might be worth the road trip.

R/
Will

utiadam

LOSER
Yeah, I would have went there but I'm up in WA. :shock:

Are there any shops local to you that might have a similar deal? I was planning on making the drive to ORE for the regearing when I was ready but a local shop to me just started offering the same deal.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
As mentioned, Off Road Evolution have an install special that costs only $999 and that INCLUDES gears and install kit. Once you get back to WA, I might ask Northridge if they have a similar deal they can offer you.

DA RUNT

As mentioned, Off Road Evolution have an install special that costs only $999 and that INCLUDES gears and install kit. Once you get back to WA, I might ask Northridge if they have a similar deal they can offer you.

Good idea, thanks. Do you have any knowledge of the NR gears? If they're made in USA. I hear a lot about G2 and Yukon, just wondering how their brand compares.

DA RUNT

Are there any shops local to you that might have a similar deal? I was planning on making the drive to ORE for the regearing when I was ready but a local shop to me just started offering the same deal.

There's NR, gonna give em a visit when I get back to WA. That'd be a heck of a drive for you. Used to visit riverside from Prescott.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Good idea, thanks. Do you have any knowledge of the NR gears? If they're made in USA. I hear a lot about G2 and Yukon, just wondering how their brand compares.

all gears are made by the same place in korea if i remember correctly so basically you can just find the lowest priced ones and be good.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
What cozdude said. All the gears are made by Cha which is located in South Korea. Need proof? Look at the side of just about any gear and you will see their logo stamped on it - it will be a circle with a K in it. The different brands just package them in different boxes.

utiadam

LOSER
There's NR, gonna give em a visit when I get back to WA. That'd be a heck of a drive for you. Used to visit riverside from Prescott.

Yeah but I go out there about once a year for work training. I went in June and got to visit ORE for the first time.

DA RUNT

What cozdude said. All the gears are made by Cha which is located in South Korea. Need proof? Look at the side of just about any gear and you will see their logo stamped on it - it will be a circle with a K in it. The different brands just package them in different boxes.

all gears are made by the same place in korea if i remember correctly so basically you can just find the lowest priced ones and be good.

Awesome, thanks for all the info and help. That made my choice easy :thumb: by the way, don't know how to multi quote on my phone so I copy and pasted one and quoted the other :cheesy:

DA RUNT

Yeah but I go out there about once a year for work training. I went in June and got to visit ORE for the first time.

Oh that's cool, our son lives out in Orange County. When we visit him next year we're gonna have to pay the shop a visit.

David1tontj

Awesome, thanks for all the info and help. That made my choice easy :thumb: by the way, don't know how to multi quote on my phone so I copy and pasted one and quoted the other :cheesy:

That's exactly how I do it on my phone

My ride- 2001 power wheel, 11" plastic tires, upgraded battery, boat sides, custom bumpers, tow hooks, new paint.

Yeep

Which shop? I'm out by you and was looking for the same thing... I was going to go to ORE since I go out to SoCal every other month or so to visit family/friends, But figured a 350 mile drive home on new gears wouldn't be the best idea...

on another note, when I was out last month I stopped at ORE to check it out and pick up a set of gussets and skids... Great group of people, and even stopped eating their lunch to come out and show me the parts on their jeeps..

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy

Well that makes my life easier. Thanks. :thumb:

utiadam

LOSER
Which shop? I'm out by you and was looking for the same thing... I was going to go to ORE since I go out to SoCal every other month or so to visit family/friends, But figured a 350 mile drive home on new gears wouldn't be the best idea...

on another note, when I was out last month I stopped at ORE to check it out and pick up a set of gussets and skids... Great group of people, and even stopped eating their lunch to come out and show me the parts on their jeeps..

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1407861626.172863.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1407861638.954843.jpg

JKBlackie

gears

Dumb question, but that package includes the new gears for both front and rear axles right?

Top Bottom