NORTHEAST GO TOPLESS DAY - SATURDAY, MAY 10th, 2014

Hack12

back then , now things have gone crazy on river lots and this was gonna be the camp till i got divorced and i made it my home . id rather listen to the river babble than her . :D

now if i could quiet my jeep motor down id be all set . tick tick tick

I may have to think about buying something in the woods up there as a vacation/fall-back retreat!

jeepmojo

Always good to have a place to run to, haha

plenty of jeeping, deer hunting and stuff to keep busy here .. If your into back woods living . slower pace . but winters are hard. But you guys are getting slammed too these last couple of winters so whats the difference ? :idontknow:

Hack12

plenty of jeeping, deer hunting and stuff to keep busy here .. If your into back woods living . slower pace . but winters are hard. But you guys are getting slammed too these last couple of winters so whats the difference ? :idontknow:

I could totally move up there tomorrow and never look back if it weren't for my job. I'm tied to Rhode Island for the entirety of my career unfortunately.

My good friend just packed up his family and bought 25 acres in upstate Vermont along the Canadian border. He loves it. Slower pace is his middle name.

I'd be lying if I didn't admit to being insanely jealous of you guys!

loscann48

I'd be up there in a heart beat if it wasn't for my kids! Although I don't have it too bad where I'm currently staying in CT.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Attachments

• 1393644722675.jpg
    1393644722675.jpg
    104.1 KB · Views: 170
  • 1393644763630.jpg
    1393644763630.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 169
  • 1393644798400.jpg
    1393644798400.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 169

jeepmojo

Well if you can swing it buy a piece of land now. its low with the bad economy.

I could totally move up there tomorrow and never look back if it weren't for my job. I'm tied to Rhode Island for the entirety of my career unfortunately.

My good friend just packed up his family and bought 25 acres in upstate Vermont along the Canadian border. He loves it. Slower pace is his middle name.

I'd be lying if I didn't admit to being insanely jealous of you guys!
or buy a cheap camp or get a camper and plant it on a piece of land , then
come up on weekends till you can see a way around your career / maybe you could do it here ? If you sold what you have now and or at least got a small piece of land its a start . Yould have a place to come and have a camp fire and stuff for summers and then even winter get away ... i used to do the same , i couldnt wait till friday to head up and get here .

Last edited:

jeepmojo

where is this ? CT.?? or Cowhampsha ??

I'd be up there in a heart beat if it wasn't for my kids! Although I don't have it too bad where I'm currently staying in CT.

??////:thumb: (looks like newfound lake )

Hack12

Where does your buddy live in VT? Just curious. I'm not to far from Canada.

He lives in Charleston, VT. Absolutely loves it. The living is a bit harder, the weather is a bit colder, and he certainly doesn't make as much money as he did down here in MA/RI, but he and his family's quality of life has shot through the roof. Makes all the other stuff seem worthless. I'm totally envious. My wife would LOVE to move up north too, unfortunately, as I mentioned before, I'm tied to my career down here. Someday.

Here is a map in case you're unfamiliar with Charleston's location.

Untitled.png

09blackruby

Ya, I've been to Charleston before. Went up there to get a yellow lab puppy years ago. Not much going on in that little town. Not as remote in Fairfax where we are but still remote. I work in South Burlington about 30 miles from home and 75% of the time work outa my home. My wife's a school nurse in the town we live in which make it nice having little kids here. I'll agree, were not getting rich and taxes are thru the roof but, life is good.. Oh ya, I'm sick of winter, it can go away anytime now... It's been very long and cold this year..

I'll see ya at the Go Topless Day.. Looking forward to it!

Last edited:

Hack12

And just got the conformation that the lady will also may the trip up aka youngfire.

Great! The more the merrier! I'll add her to the list!

Ya, I've been to Charleston before. Went up there to get a yellow lab puppy years ago. Not much going on in that little town. Not as remote in Fairfax where we are but still remote. I work in South Burlington about 30 miles from home and 75% of the time work outa my home. My wife's a school nurse in the town we live in which make it nice having little kids here. I'll agree, were not getting rich and taxes are thru the roof but, life is good.. Oh ya, I'm sick of winter, it can go away anytime now... It's been very long and cold this year..

I'll see ya at the Go Topless Day.. Looking forward to it!

It definitely sounds wonderful! See you in NH!

GRNHORN

You can put me down as going. You guys drive down to RC to wheel with us I will make this trip to show my support further north.

Hack12

You can put me down as going. You guys drive down to RC to wheel with us I will make this trip to show my support further north.

I'm definitely planning on making at least one RC trip this year. Most likely the one scheduled for July!

loscann48

Damn, maybe that will shame others into dropping the driving excuse! Still looking for a way I can make it.

Hack12

YES I AM....just spoke with the kids mother and we will be switching around the weekend a bit. Its nice to be amicable!:beer::beer::beer:

Wait, are you talking about the Suds-n-Grub? This is the GTD NH thread, I thought you were already definite on this one? I'm confused now, lol.

Top Bottom