NorCal: Signal Peak -- Sept 13th

spinuck

I agree! The wife and I are super excited! Got the CB+Firestik installed and tuned. Was able to talk to Panda's Jeep roughly 3 miles away give or take, so I think we're ready.

According to Google Maps, the trail head is a two-and-a-half hour drive from Antioch, so I'll be leaving around 6AM if folks are trying to meet up for the drive there. Not sure what time we'll be rolling through Sac. But I'll yell into the CB - "Breaker breaker one-six" to let you know CW McCaw and his convoy are rollin thru watchin for smokies ten-four good buddy.....

OK, just kidding....we wont be doing that... :cheesy:

Here is a topographical of the trail if it helps to locate directions... http://www.everytrail.com/guide/signal-peak-4x4-trail-california/map#poi-0
(note the green "EXIT 164" icon as given in directions on first page)
Panda, any chance you can help me dial in my radio? It seems people can hear me fine but i dont always hear other people. I'll hear people answering questions on the cb, but didn't hear the question, I also see to get a lot of random conversations from people not in the group.

MTG

Caught the Bug
Panda, any chance you can help me dial in my radio? It seems people can hear me fine but i dont always hear other people. I'll hear people answering questions on the cb, but didn't hear the question, I also see to get a lot of random conversations from people not in the group.

Generally if you can't hear other people, and others can hear you, it's because their CB isn't tuned properly. Or so I've "heard."

Pretty sure I'm out on this one. I won't know for sure until Saturday, but if something changes and I can make it, it will be only for Sun.

Bamtool

Jennifer's Birthday Run

We are planning a tame, family friendly trip up Signal Peak on Sept 13th. We will run the trail on Sunday, but a few are camping the night before.

The Plan:
Meet at trailhead (shared with Fordyce off 80) at 9am. Run the 11 mile loop, stopping for photos and enjoying our time. We hope to make it out to the old signal building.

Only requirements at this time are tow hooks f/r, but 33"+ tires will help you enjoy the day a lot more.

This is a video Eddie and Cindy did in 2008, as an idea of what the trail might have in store.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tqzju33xH-E

In:
- 07JKSahara *
- KDCH *
- Fitzbly
- Stegertime *
- Rccrwlr
- Panda *
- Crawler Kitty *
- ERAUGrad and the Birthday Girl!
- Back Country + 4
- Morgan's Friend (ERAU 2.0)
- BDSJeep + 2
- Spinuck
- Richmech
- Rangair94
- JDog

* Camping Saturday Night

Maybe: (... but probable)
- MTG + 3
- crippledpetey and his big drone
- Jeephooligan + 1

Directions:

From Interstate 80 - Sacramento (78 Miles)
- Take I80 East toward Reno
- Take Exit 164 for Eagle Lakes Road (76.8 Miles)
- Turn left under the freeway toward Eagle Lakes
- Continue straight onto Eagle Lakes Road (1.0 Miles)
- Take a right onto Carlyle Rd at the sign (0.2 Miles)
- Trail head is to the right at the staging area

Nice, I would love to run the trail, trying to talk the wife into ditching the in-law dinner and head out to meet some of y'all. Should know by Friday night... Fingers crossed X

ERAUGrad04

Caught the Bug
Nice, I would love to run the trail, trying to talk the wife into ditching the in-law dinner and head out to meet some of y'all. Should know by Friday night... Fingers crossed X

Woo hoo! Hope you can make it! There is a pretty good sized group heading out of the east bay Sunday morning if you wanted to tag along for the caravan up. :thumbup:

BDSJEEP

Just curious and it really doesn't matter but why are the first 3 letters of my username capitalized?

Hmmm...your first three are inflated...

...my last three are deflated.....

There be shenanigans afoot in this crowd!! :icon_crazy:

07JKSahara

Hmmm...your first three are inflated...

...my last three are deflated.....

There be shenanigans afoot in this crowd!! :icon_crazy:

In honor of the Patriots game tonight, I inflated yours to the correct psi.

Always remember the words of Brady, "air down for the win."

K.D.C.H

Whoa... Hold on, morning? I got a box coming from NR on Friday that might need a Saturday morning party.

No worries. I'll be heading to you in the morning. As soon as we get the box we'll install and hit the road.

Never leave a man behind, or as Panda always says "Never leave a mans behind" :cheesy:

K.D.C.H

Clearly in this specific situation, the topic of capital letters really doesn't matter that much.

I'll leave this here as it seems fitting and I'll just let you all be the judge as to how big of a deal it seems now ;)

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1441910260.015504.jpg

signal peak

I won't be able to make this run at this time. But being fairly new to off roading could you take some pictures of the hard spots so I can determine if I would be able to do this without a lot of experience. Thanks and have a wonderful time.:yup:

07JKSahara

I won't be able to make this run at this time. But being fairly new to off roading could you take some pictures of the hard spots so I can determine if I would be able to do this without a lot of experience. Thanks and have a wonderful time.:yup:

Yes.

But; let us know when you can make it. I'm sure we'd be able to get a group to go back, or any semi local trail, really. Pics never do it justice, in difficulty or beauty.

BDSJEEP

In honor of the Patriots game tonight, I inflated yours to the correct psi.

Always remember the words of Brady, "air down for the win."

LOL :cheesy:

Clearly in this specific situation, the topic of capital letters really doesn't matter that much.

I'll leave this here as it seems fitting and I'll just let you all be the judge as to how big of a deal it seems now ;)

View attachment 164337

HAAHA! Well played sir! Well played! :bowdown:

Panda

I'll bring my swr meter but really mr BDS is a cb pro I'm sure he'll help dial it in for ya

07JKSahara

I'll bring my swr meter but really mr BDS is a cb pro I'm sure he'll help dial it in for ya

Does Kitty have a cb or is she using your handheld? I haven't mounted mine in the new jeep yet, so
I don't know info have to do it right away or if I have some time.

Panda

Does Kitty have a cb or is she using your handheld? I haven't mounted mine in the new jeep yet, so
I don't know info have to do it right away or if I have some time.

Kitty has a 75 she's all set, you can use my handheld if you need

Top Bottom