NORCAL: Rubicon Run - October 1-4

Alright I have been trying to stay out of this because I have had a trying day with a death in our family.... but these directed allegations to what was done or not is just absurd. First off I can tell you that Greg is EXTREMELY thankful to everyone that helped him out... so here is the FACTS.

Greg broke down after Little Sluice. We noticed that he was leaking fluid from his steering pump. We all sat around and waffled what we should do.. Should we limp him back out Loon or limp him to Buck and get the part. I knew that we were 0.6 miles from a spot where I would have cell coverage and we would start calling for parts. Ricky insisted that he drive me up there. He did... THANK YOU Ricky for driving me to a spot to make the calls. I called my wife to ensure we had someone that could bring the part to Loon. She was reluctant but would happily do it. I called and secured the part for 239 bucks at Folsom and in Roseville. At the same time all this was happening, we called Eddie. I left him a message to see if there was a closer place or if there was one we could buy used. In the meantime, I called Gregs wife and she was ready to secure the part that night. Granted she just had eye surgery she was going to have one of their teenage boys drive her the next day. So with this we went back to having my wife bring the part up with a crabby 4 year old. So here is where I say THANK YOU to our beautiful gracious wives that put up with us :) and would go out of their way to help us out. When another Rubicon goer heard that, they secured another person that was willing to drive over 2 hours with a free part that evening. I would like to say THANK YOU to that person who worked all day long and was willing to come out with that part. At that time Eddie called back and said he would be happy to grab the part. I arranged the part at Reno and Eddie did the rest. At this time I would like to say THANKS a MILLION to Eddie and MTG for getting that part and Eddie and Cindy for driving it out. I have had the pleasure of wheeling with all three of you and are awesome and I am gracious for you bring it it out.

When it came time to get the part Ricky and Bobby went along with a 1.75 of honey to say thank you to Eddie and Cindy, because it was all we had at the time. Until we were off the trail, I did not know MTG was involved. THANK YOU Ricky and Bobby for driving out and grabbing the part. I know you insisted as EVERYONE else did, but I am appreciative to all that helped here.

Lastly, if you want to direct you anger of the misguided apology, then direct it at me. I am the one who chose to request Eddie to bring a more expensive part to us on the trail because I thought it would be easiest on everyone. I truly appreciate the work you two did to bring it out. I know that my wife, Gregs wife and the third person are also truly grateful. I have thanked Eddie and Cindy on here, instagram, and Facebook. If I missed you on there MTG I apologize I can't remember where all my posts went. Roxstar is an amazing person, that enjoys wheeling, GRATEFUL for the help, and that I owe more than any of you will ever know too. THANK YOU to all my new friends that I have made through this common sport. I love wheeling with you all, and more importantly love hanging out with you. THANK YOU to Jason for setting everything up.

I have said my peace.... what you choose to do with it is your deal, but lay off Roxstar for not living up to what you want to see. You can attack me if you want someone to pick on...... I set it all up.. not him.

Kyle..

Kyle, so sorry for your family's loss. We are just a phone call away and yes I love crabby 4 year olds!!

07JKSahara

Quote of the trip:
Bobby- "look at all that broken glass"
Cletus-"That's not glass, it's bottles"

I already miss you Oregon and SoCal guys. It really was an awesome trip with great people. I'm sorry this thread had to be smeared with trolling.

On to the next trip, right?!?!

K.D.C.H

But is he? All you guys who were out on the trail keep this thread going and where is Rox Star? He has yet to post up and clear the air.

Of course he is but why the hell does he need to clear things up for you? You weren't even there so I'd say until someone who was there says that his thanks wasn't enough then it's a dead issue.

No it boils down to a half ass thanks.

Again, has anyone who was actually there said it was a half ass thanks or is this just you're thought. I get you're just stating an option but after that, I'm not sure what you're wanting

Stegertime

Caught the Bug
We had such a great time this weekend, thank you all who came, some from far away, I met some cool new friends this weekend and it was good to see all my nor cal friends again, had many laughs and good times, and when trouble came it was Eddie, Cindy and MTG to the rescue! Just awesome! Of course I can't thank Cripplepety enough for all he does for us on all of these runs I don't know how we'd do it without him :)

Great pics Rob, really wish I could have joined you all! Looked like a lot of fun!

bkac

Caught the Bug
You bet! It was great meeting you Bobby and thanks for the spots along the way (and for not telling me how close I got to the edge on Soup Bowl!) ;)

Awesome meeting you! My favorite part was watching you hookup the winch in the hail during the night run. You are awesome!

10frank9

Web Wheeler
Didn't think you could keep your word about dodging them. Guess we know what type of person you are :idontknow:

Keep my word? Did I make a promise? Perhaps you have some problems with reading comprehension. I promise to call our hypocrites when I see them. I'm not going anywhere cupcake.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Maybe you three should go cruise the For Sale threads and make sure everybody has waved or better yet, make sure they are not re posting "just so they can get more post"! Your not gonna bash Greg, Jason or anybody else that was on this trip like you do to newbies that just want to be part of the forum. You should post some helpful comments that build the forum, not post your "opinions" about ever word that everybody says. It's like you are 26 y/o and have no job except to post 17 times a day. Grow the F@#$ up!

:cheesy::cheesy: You are funny. Sure hope I get the pleasure of meeting you in person someday. I bet we will be best buds. :thumb:

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
I would also say the 1/2 gallon of Honey was another way He said thanks. It's a lot better to know the whole story before making comments like that. Myself, Ricky, and Gavin said it over and over again to Eddie and Cindy how thankful we all were and how much we appreciated what they did including MTG.

Who said he thanked them in person? How about just go ask Eddie yourself. That way you get the real story!

When exactly did this Gavin guy thank Eddie and Cindy?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Okay, okay already - I'm here :rolleyes2:

You know, there's a reason why I purposefully stay out of threads like this and now I'm reminded yet again why.

Before I continue, I have a serious question to ask - will it really make any difference to any of you what I might have to say? I mean, there are some strong words being thrown around and people who seem pretty sure of themselves regarding what really happened and I just have to wonder if anything I say will actually change what some of you haven choose to believe?

To Kyle, I really am sorry to hear about your loss.

Rox Star

Let's ask Rox star here. Did he send a PM to Eddie? If he did, did he send it before or after I called him out?

Was he even with you when you picked up the part? How could he thank Eddie and Cindy in person if he wasn't there? If he was then I was wrong.

Yes, I did PM Eddie, after you called me out. I was raised better than this and am ashamed that I publicly thanked him before sending a PM. (Very sincere comment).

I am not sure that all this back-and-forth bitching is advancing the Spirit of this forum. Lets throttle back, enjoy the weekend, whether on the trail or wrenching on a buddy's Jeep.

Top Bottom