NORCAL: Rubicon Run - October 1-4

Chow49

That's a pretty fucking lame thank you to a couple people who went out of there way to buy parts for you with their money and spend their entire day helping you with parts. At the very least you could take the time to personally thank Eddie, Cindy and MTG. Not that it'll have much meaning anymore.

Do you know Roxstar? Were you there? Greg is a great guy who would help anyone with anything. You are way out of line.

ClarksAdventures

That's the beautiful thing about America. We can all have our own opinions.

Yup. But misinformed opinions are exactly that. The entire group was amazing and grateful for all that happened this weekend. A lot of people pulled together to make sure that everybody could get off the trail. People offered money, time, gas, wrenching, and knowledge to ensure that everybody was safe and happy. So enough with the crappy attitude already. A crappy attitude wouldn't work on the trail and it isn't working here.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Honestly I really don't care who it was. If it was 10frank9 or sharkey in that situation I would have said the same shit to them. Difference is, I wouldn't have to say anything to those guys.

bkac

Caught the Bug
I would also say the 1/2 gallon of Honey was another way He said thanks. It's a lot better to know the whole story before making comments like that. Myself, Ricky, and Gavin said it over and over again to Eddie and Cindy how thankful we all were and how much we appreciated what they did including MTG.

10frank9

Web Wheeler
Well knowing that he went out of his way to help you and all that could be said was "thanks for saving my weekend" that's pretty lame. I don't expect anybody to offer him an HJ BUT a thanks for going out of your way would've been nice.

I wonder what your weekend would've turned into without someone driving an hour to bring you a part then Lending you a welder for the trackbar bracket on those sweet Dana 60's :crazyeyes: Of course that's just my opinion.

ClarksAdventures

Well knowing that he went out of his way to help you and all that could be said was "thanks for saving my weekend" that's pretty lame. I don't expect anybody to offer him an HJ BUT a thanks for going out of your way would've been nice.

I wonder what your weekend would've turned into without someone driving an hour to bring you a part then Lending you a welder for the trackbar bracket on those sweet Dana 60's :crazyeyes: Of course that's just my opinion.

Dude, you're seriously being a jerk right now. And obviously weren't there. Everybody there was super thankful. Everybody there even offered to drive back into town if need be to get the part. Everybody offered extra money to pay for the part plus extra! You're blowing it out of proportion and you know it, so settle down. It was a comment taken out of context.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Dude, you're seriously being a jerk right now. And obviously weren't there. Everybody there was super thankful. Everybody there even offered to drive back into town if need be to get the part. Everybody offered extra money to pay for the part plus extra! You're blowing it out of proportion and you know it, so settle down. It was a comment taken out of context.

You're the only one that seems to get worked up over nothing.

bkac

Caught the Bug

Yeah, your right those dynatrac axles are sweet! :confused:

It sure would be great if someone that actually helped them and was there would comment if they were offended by the way he showed his gratitude. But I guess others can speak for them.

It was a great run everyone. Thanks for joining in.

10frank9

Web Wheeler
It sure would be great if someone that actually helped them and was there would comment if they were offended by the way he showed his gratitude. But I guess others can speak for them.

True I wasn't there, but you were. Im sure you personally thanked him for coming up and helping the group you were leading, right? :idontknow:

ClarksAdventures

You're the only one that seems to get worked up over nothing.

Overlander, you're the one who got worked up over nothing. You always want to be so negative. You need a hug or what? Why do you need to be so negative? Everybody on the trail had a great time, and you wanna be the guy to be the rain on people's parade.

K.D.C.H

I wasn't there so I really don't know all the details but where was it brought up that they didn't thank them?

Just wondering if this is one of those knee jerk reactions where people think that if it didn't happen on the forum then it couldn't have possibly happened anywhere else. Does anyone really think that the thanks that were said on this forum were the only ones said?

I know most of the people (which means I've actually met and spent time with them in person and not just online) that were out there and they're all good people. I'm willing to bet that there were many thanks said out on the trail.

bkac

Caught the Bug
Overlander, you're the one who got worked up over nothing. You always want to be so negative. You need a hug or what? Why do you need to be so negative? Everybody on the trail had a great time, and you wanna be the guy to be the rain on people's parade.

Who knows, maybe one day you guys will be neighbors. You could give him a hug everyday then. Lol

True I wasn't there, but you were. Im sure you personally thanked him for coming up and helping the group you were leading, right? :idontknow:

No I wasn't there I was "leading" the group as you so eloquently stated and since you asked yes I did personally thank them via PM. I'm sure you can text and verify if you want. I'm not trying to be part of this. I'm just saying it seems people are getting worked up about how someone thanked someone else when none of them were there.

I'm not sure why you felt the need to be all high and mighty. I mean it is only a forum right?

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass

That was not negative. I was calling him out for a lame ass "thank you" to a couple people who went out of their way to get him off the trail.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
No I wasn't there I was "leading" the group as you so eloquently stated and since you asked yes I did personally thank them via PM. I'm sure you can text and verify if you want. I'm not trying to be part of this. I'm just saying it seems people are getting worked up about how someone thanked someone else when none of them were there.

I'm not sure why you felt the need to be all high and mighty. I mean it is only a forum right?

Is this directed at Eddie? Just curious.

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer

So who are you asking to respond?

Top Bottom