No Rear Bumper?

JK1

I'm wiring the walmart specials that you guys are using as rock lights in the same place you have your duallys and i will be wiring them to the revese lights and a bypass to turn them on with a switch also...:thumb:i will try and do a write up for it with pics this weekend..:yup:

matt1171

Here's mine. I absolutely love this look!! I get lots of compliments all the time. And I'm running the Walmart special lights in the back. They work great!!

photo2.jpg photo1.jpg beast feast-2.jpg

jeepmojo

lets see some side shots of these bumperless beasts always photos of the rear

lol seriously some photos from the side would help us see how it looks around the rear fenders ! maybe on some 2 doors too four doors are bigger and look differernt so we need both

thank you !;)

jeepmojo

yeh it does thanks

I was hoping for some on ground photos but yeh and id like to see a few on some 2 doors from the side as well
if im not asking to much :cheesy: looks awesome though

jeepmojo

there you go thanks man

now how bout a black 2 door lol kidding im gona go for this this summer I think and get my inspection with bumper then tear it off lol :yup: I can be crazy like that you know

ps . kinda looks like your missing something though ?

I think id paint the top of the muffler black though I can see it from above the crossmember id rather see black it would blend better

Last edited:

BrandonDetrick

now how bout a black 2 door lol kidding im gona go for this this summer I think and get my inspection with bumper then tear it off lol :yup: I can be crazy like that you know

I think id paint the top of the muffler black though I can see it from above the crossmember id rather see black it would blend better

That's actually just the heat shield I don't have the muffler back there I have dynomax... What's it look like I'm missing ?

jeepmojo

your bumper

?????;):brows: spare tire too ! kidding looks great im gona go for it...... those open countrys look real good on your rig !

where do you get the evo inserts for recovery rings gotta get them if im gona do that ! are the cheap enough or do I have to sell my cemetery plot to get a set

Last edited:

BrandonDetrick

?????;):brows: spare tire too ! kidding looks great im gona go for it...... those open countrys look real good on your rig !

where do you get the evo inserts for recovery rings gotta get them if im gona do that ! are the cheap enough or do I have to sell my cemetery plot to get a set

Lol oh shit it musta fell off ?!! Jk ... The d ring Inserts are like 160 I think. Check northride4x4. . I'm Savin up for the genright tire carrier... I love my Toyos. Thanks man

MTG

Caught the Bug
That's actually just the heat shield I don't have the muffler back there I have dynomax... What's it look like I'm missing ?

This reminds me...is there any reason to keep the heat shield if you don't have a muffler? I can't think of any but thought I'd ask before I took it off. :thinking:

BrandonDetrick

This reminds me...is there any reason to keep the heat shield if you don't have a muffler? I can't think of any but thought I'd ask before I took it off. :thinking:

No reason at all. Just spaced it out when I was removing muffler and haven't got around to taking it off. . Yank it off lol

biggy

LOL!! Oh yeah, they'll know you're backing up. I suck at wiring so for now, I just have mine attached to a switch and turn it on when backing up. It's not that big of a deal for me but, if I can ever figure out how to do it right, may hook it up so that it works automatically and manually like I've seen others do in the past.

Post #5 has an easy to follow wiring diagram for wiring reverse lights to a switch and depending on what position the switch is in , they will also come on when in reverse. Best of both worlds.:yup:

http://www.jk-forum.com/jk-electric...s-13/wiring-additional-back-up-lights-139263/

ssh6314

I'll post tomorrow some shots of mine. 2dr. Blacked out. No rear. Painted black. Muffler painted too.

Sent from my EVO-3d using WAYALIFE app.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass

It would have been easier to get to those bumper bolts on that crossbar if you didn't have that heat shield.

ssh6314

Blacked out 2008 2dr without the rear and pinch/muffler painted rustnolium high heat black.

Attachments

• 1360790048169.jpg
    1360790048169.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 484
  • 1360790068623.jpg
    1360790068623.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 486
  • 1360790125930.jpg
    1360790125930.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 485
  • 1360790182112.jpg
    1360790182112.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 480

jeepmojo

yeh there we go! cool beans

looks good ! ill try it this summer after my warrenty work gets looked at ! its easy enough to toss it back on too right ? if need be ? prob, should be taking off just to touch up after the winter salt and stuff get some touch up paint ! and then just forget to put the bumper back on lol

Last edited:

ssh6314

looks good ! ill try it this summer after my warrenty work gets looked at ! its easy enough to toss it back on too right ? if need be ? prob, should be taking off just to touch up after the winter salt and stuff get some touch up paint ! and then just forget to put the bumper back on lol

It's the easiest thing I've ever removed from my jeep. Took about 5 min, would take that long to put it back on also.

Top Bottom