No Rear Bumper?

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Since people have asked here are a few pics of the trim.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1378492954.677376.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1378492962.433310.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1378492970.731985.jpg

I need to pull them out another 1/4 - 1/2 an inch when I get my mud flaps, that's the reason for them still not being flush.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Is there that much play in the brackets or will you need to mod the holes at that point. I'm going to be ordering these up pretty soon. :yup:

Play in what brackets? The teraflex mud flap brackets? No I need to pull the d ring mounts out so that the holes line up for the brackets. They are in the frame too far.

GCM 2

Not quite. You drilled new holes for your mud flaps right? I believe they can use the factory rear bumper holes as well instead of drilling new holes.

You are correct, and I would suggest taking the route you are going down. I had the Teraflax quick release mud flap mounts prior to my EVO D rings. I followed the Teraflex instructions and it just kind of worked out the way it did for me and everything fits. I would prefer the technique that Eddie used for Moby's, which I believe is what you are doing :thumb:

MTG

Caught the Bug
Not quite. You drilled new holes for your mud flaps right? I believe they can use the factory rear bumper holes as well instead of drilling new holes.

I still don't know what you mean. I didn't have to adjust anything on my D-rings and run the Teraflex mudflaps mounted the way Eddie did his. :thinking:

MTG

Caught the Bug
Like this?

Hey Greg,

I had a question for you that I just remembered. A couple years ago in Moab (I know :grayno:, I have no idea how this shit sticks in my head) you had your rear sway bar end links disconnected and tied up. Do you remember why?

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
I still don't know what you mean. I didn't have to adjust anything on my D-rings and run the Teraflex mudflaps mounted the way Eddie did his. :thinking:

My d ring mounts are in the frame too far. Meaning the two rear holes in the mount don't line p with those in the bumper. So the bolts wouldn't go in.

MTG

Caught the Bug
My d ring mounts are in the frame too far. Meaning the two rear holes in the mount don't line p with those in the bumper. So the bolts wouldn't go in.

In other words you can't get it in either hole? :cheesy:

Hmmm? Is the 2 door frame a different length at that point?

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
In other words you can't get it in either hole? :cheesy:

Hmmm? Is the 2 door frame a different length at that point?

No it's the same. I just had trouble getting them in to begin with and when I finally did they were too far in. Need to winch them out at some point.

GCM 2

Hey Greg,

I had a question for you that I just remembered. A couple years ago in Moab (I know :grayno:, I have no idea how this shit sticks in my head) you had your rear sway bar end links disconnected and tied up. Do you remember why?

Yes, I still do it occassionally too. Even though I run the EVO Lever, I still run the factory rear sway bar. The sway bar can tend to wiggle over to one side and when it does, the sway bar end links during articulation will contact the frame rail. It makes this audible squeak that drives me nuts. You can sort of see the passenger side end link in the photo and a witness mark on the bracket hanging off the frame (looks like a white paint marker stripe). You have a good memory young Jedi

mikefishes

No it's the same. I just had trouble getting them in to begin with and when I finally did they were too far in. Need to winch them out at some point.

I had the same issue. I think you may find they are in correctly ( so that the mounting hole closest to the back of the vehicle is lined up) but that the other hole is misaligned on the verticle axis. I removed the bolt and another members kid helped me use an alignment punch to line them both up.

Long story short. The shape of the insert allows it to pivot on either bolt and misalign the other.

Make sense?

catahoula

Caught the Bug
Mine went in easier than expected. I have a two door. On my passenger side it would not go in right so I flipped it. Went in with a little persuasion from a BFH. Still can't find the directions for the sticker though!:)

Top Bottom