Next Generation JL for JAGS

JK_0311

How normal were things in Sedona as far as shops and restaurants being open? Hard to tell from their tourism website how much is open.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

I was in Sedona for lunch 2 weeks ago and from what I noticed not much is closed. We didn’t stay long and didn’t venture around. We were staying in Cottonwood and went there for lunch. Cottonwood was pretty open too, didn’t notice anything closed.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Jkzinger

Caught the Bug
I was in Sedona for lunch 2 weeks ago and from what I noticed not much is closed. We didn’t stay long and didn’t venture around. We were staying in Cottonwood and went there for lunch. Cottonwood was pretty open too, didn’t notice anything closed.

Thanks for the info! Probably just the damn masks needed everywhere!

JAGS

Hooked
Beautiful shots

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Was great weather. Great scenery. The trails were not crowded. Hard to beat.

Sedona is always a nice time. I’ve only done a couple trails, I really need to stay a few days and do them all.

We are up there quite a bit, just never in the Jeep. What’s nice about that area is 10-30 minutes from Sedona you have Page Springs, Cottonwood and Jerome. All pretty neat areas.

Eat anywhere good? Elote Cafe is pretty good or at least it was when I went, granted I had a few drinks prior to.

We did day trips to each of those places. Different than Sedona, but equally cool with their small town history. We didn’t really go out too much, other than a place in cottonwood with some great prickly pear margaritas and then a burger joint and a mexican food place, bot just south of Sedona.

Nice pics Jason, looks like a cool place

Sent from my HD1905 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Thanks Ben. It was great.

Looks like a great time out there in Sedona! [emoji41]

Yup, awesome family vacation.

JAGS

Hooked
How normal were things in Sedona as far as shops and restaurants being open? Hard to tell from their tourism website how much is open.

Pretty normal I guess. Weekends were way more crowded than mid week.

Cottonwood was more enjoyable mid week. We almost had the whole town to ourselves.

IMG_9951.jpg

JAGS

Hooked
NEED SOME ADVICE...

JL Enforcer lift kits:

I have an email in to EVO/ORE, but figured there might be enough folks running their JL Enforcer kits now to help out. Or just more knowledge than I in general....which wouldn’t take much. Lol.

The PLUS options come EVO front and rear track bars.

The OVERLAND version comes with the drop down brackets. Would these get hung up in the rocks/impede clearance?

Im looking at the 3.5” lifts with the king 2.5s. Most likely stage 2. It’s what I ran on the JK and was great for the amount and what I wheeled. But can’t figure out the pros/cons to plus (vs other vendor trackbar) or to pros/cons of the drop down brackets.

bkac

Caught the Bug
I really liked the ride quality the drop brackets offered. I didn’t find them to really cause any big issues offroad. I felt the payoff was well worth the negative effects offroad. I really like the Synergy Trackbar bushings and the way they adjust. Also the 2.5s with the 3.5 springs make for an amazing ride.

Dale72

Hooked
I got it in stage 1 and got the synergy control arms since you can adjust them without taking them off. As far as the drop brackets up front for the overland I was told that you shouldn't use them for rock crawling but if you go to ORE website and look at the builds Harris's blue JLUR is running the overland Enforcer and he was wheeling it pretty good in a few of Eddie's videos

Sent from my SM-G973U using WAYALIFE mobile app

JAGS

Hooked
I really liked the ride quality the drop brackets offered. I didn’t find them to really cause any big issues offroad. I felt the payoff was well worth the negative effects offroad. I really like the Synergy Trackbar bushings and the way they adjust. Also the 2.5s with the 3.5 springs make for an amazing ride.

I forgot to say that I got the Enforcer and not the overland

Thanks. Bumping. Anyone else with thoughts/ knowledge on the EVO JL kits?

CalSgt

Hooked
I'm sure the overland drop brackets do wonders for suspension geometry but even my stock control arm mounts took some minor damage and rock rash. If you are planning on doing serious rock crawling I would not run them.

I was not pleased with the EVO track bars, the track bars themselves are very well built and are heavy duty but I was going through bushings on mine. Replaced both the frame and axle side bushing in my front one in only 5K miles. The rear destroyed the frame side bushing once in about 10K miles. I'm still running the rear and its held up since the last bushing replacement but have switched to Synergy in the front.

I just replaced my 3.5" Enforcer stage 2 plus kit with EVO long arms and coilovers, I was really pleased with how it rode and performed with exception to the track bar bushings.

JAGS

Hooked
Buy once cry once...haha. Get more than what you feel you'll need. That way you don't end up replacing aftermarket parts. Its about time you start the build...haha

Truth be told, I’m eyeing the high clearance long arm.

Been working 12 hr days 6-7 days a week for almost a year. Could be a lot worse, but doesn’t leave much time for wheeling.

I'm sure the overland drop brackets do wonders for suspension geometry but even my stock control arm mounts took some minor damage and rock rash. If you are planning on doing serious rock crawling I would not run them.

I was not pleased with the EVO track bars, the track bars themselves are very well built and are heavy duty but I was going through bushings on mine. Replaced both the frame and axle side bushing in my front one in only 5K miles. The rear destroyed the frame side bushing once in about 10K miles. I'm still running the rear and its held up since the last bushing replacement but have switched to Synergy in the front.

I just replaced my 3.5" Enforcer stage 2 plus kit with EVO long arms and coilovers, I was really pleased with how it rode and performed with exception to the track bar bushings.

There’s an outside chance I just full tilt with the LA. Noted on the trackbars. I’ve heard others being happy with the synergy products. Thanks for sharing.

Seahawkfan

Hooked

Been working 12 hr days 6-7 days a week for almost a year. Could be a lot worse, but doesn’t leave much time for wheeling.

I remember when I had a part time job. :cheesy: 84 hr weeks for last 13 years. Wheeling what's that? :thinking:;)

jesse3638

Hooked

There’s an outside chance I just full tilt with the LA. Noted on the trackbars. I’ve heard others being happy with the synergy products. Thanks for sharing.
Damn those are long days. Yeah I'd for sure treat myself to long arms after that...haha. Hopefully you're hourly not salary or piece work.... :crazyeyes:

JAGS

Hooked
Damn those are long days. Yeah I'd for sure treat myself to long arms after that...haha. Hopefully you're hourly not salary or piece work.... :crazyeyes:

I wish....but I’m employed and able to provide for my family and do great work. Had two coworkers leave and then a hiring freeze about a year ago. This won’t be permanent, I hope. Lol.

I would treat myself to a different job if that was me... life is too short.

Very happy with the work I do.

Haha thats exactly what I did after 17 years and it was the best decision ever.

Hopefully I don’t have another 16 years of this. Lol.

Top Bottom