New Jeep already in the shop

Dang.....hate to hear it. How much longer before you get it back??

They were supposed to have it done on Monday and when I called Tuesday night after not hearing from them they said it hadn't gone into the shop yet... WTF?? So I'm hoping sometime in June I'll have it back haha

Update: As of 8am this morning the new transmission has not arrived. They were suppose to have already started on it this morning!! Ugh.....I ended up leaving a message for the service guy asking him to please call me with their plan of action. My hope is that as soon as it arrives they will start working on it and I can have my Jeep before the weekend!

I know how you feel... And it's a shitty feeling. I hope you get it before the weekend!

They were supposed to have it done on Monday and when I called Tuesday night after not hearing from them they said it hadn't gone into the shop yet... WTF?? So I'm hoping sometime in June I'll have it back haha

No shit right?!? I was told I would have mine Thursday but no later than Friday! Well seeing that the transmission hasn't even showed up yet, their time line is alittle discouraging!! I have truly kept my composure up until this point, but if I don't have her by Friday I might just lose my shit!! The sailor in me will come out!!!

Update: As of 8am this morning the new transmission has not arrived. They were suppose to have already started on it this morning!! Ugh.....I ended up leaving a message for the service guy asking him to please call me with their plan of action. My hope is that as soon as it arrives they will start working on it and I can have my Jeep before the weekend!

July 6th... Not trying to be a dick, you just have to be realistic with these guys.

I work for a dealership as a tech and as much as it pains me that they haven't worked on my Jeep but I know why. Warranty pays about 2/3 of what customer pay is. We get paid by customers about 6 1/2 hours for a 40k service and warranty is only about 4 hours. In short they would much rather bust as much customer pay stuff out the door and don't have very much motivation to get screwed on a warranty job. This is the problem with flat rate....

I work for a dealership as a tech and as much as it pains me that they haven't worked on my Jeep but I know why. Warranty pays about 2/3 of what customer pay is. We get paid by customers about 6 1/2 hours for a 40k service and warranty is only about 4 hours. In short they would much rather bust as much customer pay stuff out the door and don't have very much motivation to get screwed on a warranty job. This is the problem with flat rate....

Wow and here I thought I would have alittle priority due to it being a new vehicle just bought a couple weeks ago.......wishful thinking I guess.

According to Jeeps "Wave" program, you should be getting prefered customer care. Your a automatic member for purchasing a 2016.

Heck, I'd call the Jeep Wave customer care number, can't hurt.

Wow and here I thought I would have alittle priority due to it being a new vehicle just bought a couple weeks ago.......wishful thinking I guess.

I'm not saying that's happening in your situation. I had to wait 2 months for a new Nav unit because they couldn't find any in the country. Sometimes it's had to source parts and I guarantee they are trying to take care of you asap. Sounds like they are waiting for the tranny which isn't the dealers fault. I'm just flapping my gums btw...

I'm not saying that's happening in your situation. I had to wait 2 months for a new Nav unit because they couldn't find any in the country. Sometimes it's had to source parts and I guarantee they are trying to take care of you asap. Sounds like they are waiting for the tranny which isn't the dealers fault. I'm just flapping my gums btw...

No you are right.....they have been doing all they can to expedite this (so it seems) they told me the morning they are just waiting on the transmission then be all over it.

According to Jeeps "Wave" program, you should be getting prefered customer care. Your a automatic member for purchasing a 2016.

Heck, I'd call the Jeep Wave customer care number, can't hurt.

So I took your advice and called. The lady was super nice and helpful. She let me vent my frustration and told me she completely understand <---yes I know she was telling what I wanted to hear lol!!!

She is calling the dealership to get updates and will send to me thru email. She said when it's all said and done we will look to see if there any any compensation they might be able to give me. I will say I wasn't expecting to hear that at all, but we will see......

Thank you for your suggestion in calling them!!! Definitely appreciate it!

Your welcome. I've heard good things about this new program. Fortunately I haven't had to any of it for my 16.

Top Bottom