NEW EVO MFG JLU/Gladiator Rock Sliders Now Available

Ddays

Hooked
Man I donā€™t get it.
I will fully admit to being frugal. But I canā€™t be the only crazy one. 2,300 bucks for parts to arrive rusty and not ready to be installed?

hard pass.
These are $2300!? Man, I know DOM has gone up but wow...

edit - I just followed the link to Disciple's site and just the plain weld on sliders are $1400. optioned out is more

These are $2300!? Man, I know DOM has gone up but wow...

edit - I just followed the link to Disciple's site and just the plain weld on sliders are $1400. optioned out is more
Yea, itā€™s with all the options (bolt on hardware, steps, lights) for a JT.
I do like the options and think they look great.

benatc1

Hooked
Man I donā€™t get it.
I will fully admit to being frugal. But I canā€™t be the only crazy one. 2,300 bucks for parts to arrive rusty and not ready to be installed?

hard pass.
I was pretty shocked with the price tag too, I think they are worth it and most everything you put there that would be worth it isnā€™t that far off on price, but nevertheless itā€™s a big cost bare bones, let alone with all the stuff that makes it cool. For that price though Iā€™ll need to at least see them in person

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I was pretty shocked with the price tag too, I think they are worth it and most everything you put there that would be worth it isnā€™t that far off on price, but nevertheless itā€™s a big cost bare bones, let alone with all the stuff that makes it cool. For that price though Iā€™ll need to at least see them in person
I've seen them on a JL and they really do look great and do well. That said, it's a LOT of money for sure, even for me.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I should clarify that I did talk to EVO, not Mel per se and was told that there's a lot of labor involved in making them. The price they have these rocker guards at is what it costs to make and still be worth it to sell. Not trying to make excuses for them or trying to justify anything as it is still a hard pill to swallow but... I thought they were being sincere.

benatc1

Hooked
I've seen them on a JL and they really do look great and do well. That said, it's a LOT of money for sure, even for me.
I need a decent step but also want a functional slider, buy once cry once, looked at rockslide Eng. donā€™t love em or overly trust ā€˜em and built out is even more than these, still need to see the bombers too, but they might be to narrow. Sure Iā€™ll see a few things this weekend

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I need a decent step but also want a functional slider, buy once cry once, looked at rockslide Eng. donā€™t love em or overly trust ā€˜em and built out is even more than these, still need to see the bombers too, but they might be to narrow. Sure Iā€™ll see a few things this weekend
I have to say that I'm surprisingly still happy with my bombers. I would prefer the frame mounted sliders but they have held up better than I thought.

benatc1

Hooked
I should clarify that I did talk to EVO, not Mel per se and was told that there's a lot of labor involved in making them. The price they have these rocker guards at is what it costs to make and still be worth it to sell. Not trying to make excuses for them or trying to justify anything as it is still a hard pill to swallow but... I thought they were being sincere.
Absolutely, I today get the whole r/d production, materials, skilled man hours. Plus you know exactly what your getting. Plus they still have to make money, thatā€™s how a business works lol. But they also arenā€™t needed by everyone Iā€™m sure, even if they think they need them- Iā€™m probably one in those people lol.

Top Bottom