NEW EVO MFG JLU/Gladiator Rock Sliders Now Available

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
I don’t know, I think I agree with highwaytwat on this one. Price seems super steep for what it is. And to say that shipping causes damage is a BS excuse in my opinion. LOD does a fine job of shipping stuff coated. I think if you are gonna charge premium prices a premium product should be available.

I also see it from the side that if the sheeple want it they will pay as most of you here have already said the price is fine. More power to you guys.

benatc1

Hooked
I don’t know, I think I agree with highwaytwat on this one. Price seems super steep for what it is. And to say that shipping causes damage is a BS excuse in my opinion. LOD does a fine job of shipping stuff coated. I think if you are gonna charge premium prices a premium product should be available.

I also see it from the side that if the sheeple want it they will pay as most of you here have already said the price is fine. More power to you guys.
I don’t disagree with that, and your right they can be shipped safely, they just have to invest in the box/foam. But with all the options plus plus powder cost you could be on it for 2500+, the Reality is a 600 tube step isn’t going to hold up if it gets used, I do think the price is inflated because it’s what the people want, but also understand manufacturing/R&D costs as well materials, but still think it leaves a massive profit margin where they sit. But at the end of the day they are probably going to sell a shit load of them to both people who need them and don’t actually need them, and I can’t see where our complaints of the price will have them lower it, maybe more flash sales lol, but idk I don’t think they are that far off based on the way everything keeps going up around us. Maybe I’ll change my mind after I see them and they don’t provide what I’m looking for in terms of a step/slider combo that I feel good about.

TrailHunter

Hooked
I’d pay that $2300 and I’d spray paint them flat black all day without question. I can touch up my JK EVO sliders in 10 min with a piece of cardboard in one hand and a can in the other... and when they are done, they look no different then my powder coated EVO 1/4 pounder. The sliders get hammered more than anything else between the rocks on the bottom and shoes from the top, and I could care less. Powder coat is a waste of money in my opinion.

CalSgt

Hooked

They are a product no one else makes, I know because I shopped every frame mounted slider for months looking for ones that will work with long arms... I guess the uniqueness only matters to the people that already spent $3000 + install for long arms or $9000 + install if they got coilovers too

LOD already ruined my opinion of powder coating anyway, It flaked off my last sliders in huge chunks. No wonder they spend so much on packaging, their powder coat would not have survived

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
They are a product no one else makes, I know because I shopped every frame mounted slider for months looking for ones that will work with long arms... I guess the uniqueness only matters to the people that already spent $3000 + install for long arms or $9000 + install if they got coilovers too

LOD already ruined my opinion of powder coating anyway, It flaked off my last sliders in huge chunks. No wonder they spend so much on packaging, their powder coat would not have survived
I get it’s all relative. They were like $500 for the gayk and this is a similar design. That’s my comparison.

CalSgt

Hooked
I get it’s all relative. They were like $500 for the gayk and this is a similar design. That’s my comparison.
Good point, I didn't believe you about the $500 price tag & looked them up. $714 MSRP so $500 is close enough, I didn't realize they were that cheap for the JK.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Good point, I didn't believe you about the $500 price tag & looked them up. $714 MSRP so $500 is close enough, I didn't realize they were that cheap for the JK.
That’s probably the hesitation of some. I get costs have gone up but that much? And it’s the same basic design so the R&D argument (not yours I realize) is kind of nonexistent as well.

JAGS

Hooked
So here’s an honest question on this topic. JL sliders basic and weld on are let’s say $1400. The bombers are about half that at $700. My goal is/was to run without add the EVO skins and sill have solid sliders comparable to my EVO sliders on my JK. I suck at wheeling so I need all the help from my parts I can get.

Based on what we know/see, will the $1400 weld on JL sliders provide additional protection above their bolt on bombers without the skins? Will the bombers work with the LA kit should I go that route? I guessing both are compatible with their long arms since EVO released both.

Double the price is a lot, but it becomes less if I don’t have to add the skins and drill into the side of my jeep.

CalSgt

Hooked
Bomber rockers work with the LA's, thats what Eddie put on Jet

Cant speak from experience but from everything I've read frame mounted provides superior strength and protection compared to the body mounted ones.

Theres lots of available frame mounted sliders for the JL around the $1000 mark but these are the only ones that will work with LA's unless you do some serious surgery on them.

JAGS

Hooked
Bomber rockers work with the LA's, thats what Eddie put on Jet

Cant speak from experience but from everything I've read frame mounted provides superior strength and protection compared to the body mounted ones.

Theres lots of available frame mounted sliders for the JL around the $1000 mark but these are the only ones that will work with LA's unless you do some serious surgery on them.
Right. But I believe jet has the skins for added protection/stability of the bombers.

The skins are $300. So now you’re at $1000.

CalSgt

Hooked
Right. But I believe jet has the skins for added protection/stability of the bombers.

The skins are $300. So now you’re at $1000.
Not sure how much added protection the skins add for the Bombers, you could always wait until your rockers are dented in like mine to add them...

Wish I would have done the skins earlier, might have saved my rocker panels but at least they're hidden now.

If it was me and it soon will be, a weld on slider and Aluminum rock skin (cuz I live in a place where everything rusty) is the route I would go. There is a guy local to Sand Hollow that has a small line of products and he builds some very nice sliders with skins for both JK and JL. Lots of options out there and spending $2300 is nuts considering the other offerings but… you so get some nicer features from EVO that you won’t get from anyone else so it’s relative as Adam stated.

The particular set I’m going with will cost me roughly $1400 installed and I’m okay with that.

JAGS

Hooked
Not sure how much added protection the skins add for the Bombers, you could always wait until your rockers are dented in like mine to add them...

Wish I would have done the skins earlier, might have saved my rocker panels but at least they're hidden now.
The EVO sliders for the JK were plenty sturdy to run without skins to protect the rockers.

I chose rocker skins for the JK, but was hoping to go a different direction for the JL. If the skins are a strong recommendation either way, this could influence what I end up purchasing.

I may need to call up ORE to see what they suggest.

The EVO sliders for the JK were plenty sturdy to run without skins to protect the rockers.

I chose rocker skins for the JK, but was hoping to go a different direction for the JL. If the skins are a strong recommendation either way, this could influence what I end up purchasing.

I think the Skins certainly give a jeep a finished look. In my case I have holes and some damage to cover up so I kinda need them. The body mounts on the JL are super soft so I’d be willing to bet that a hard enough hit on a heavy jeep could get into the body of a JL. Maybe not. But it’s cheap insurance

CalSgt

Hooked

I don't think the EVO skins will work with the frame mounted sliders anyway, I went with a budget brand because of this. If you watch Eddies install video you can see they're lipped out from the body so the bombers can bolt to them. EVO doesn't list any different skins for the JL

https://wayalife.com/threads/video-...ber-rocker-guards-w-skins-installation.56966/

FWIW $300 for skins is less than bodywork I think they are cheap insurance.

Top Bottom