Never ending problems.

So I got the battery tested at oriellys rather then at home. And the battery is showing only 26 percent charged. They checked everything. So might be a dead cell in the battery. I also changed the break light switch. Lets see if one of these fixes the problems. Brand new optima battery and it's already dying. Not impressed

Sent from my LG-H900 using WAYALIFE mobile app

So I got the battery tested at oriellys rather then at home. And the battery is showing only 26 percent charged. They checked everything. So might be a dead cell in the battery. I also changed the break light switch. Lets see if one of these fixes the problems. Brand new optima battery and it's already dying. Not impressed

👍 Hope one of the two fixes the problem.

Sent from my SM-N915P using WAYALIFE mobile app

I just want to say thank you to everyone. Finally figured out what the short was. I installed a new high tuck exhaust. Well it was high enough to make contact with the trailer lights and melt through them. Causing the rear break lights and turn signals to not function while also causing the battery to continuously draw power when the wires were in contact with the exhaust. I followed all the wires except for the simplest. I over looked something so simple. 20170206_190505.jpg

Great job finding the culprit! Way better to do it yourself and learn more about your Jeep in the process and you know you're not crazy for doing work for yourself! [emoji106]

'07 JKUR ... mod'ing never stops...

I just want to say thank you to everyone. Finally figured out what the short was. I installed a new high tuck exhaust. Well it was high enough to make contact with the trailer lights and melt through them. Causing the rear break lights and turn signals to not function while also causing the battery to continuously draw power when the wires were in contact with the exhaust. I followed all the wires except for the simplest. I over looked something so simple. View attachment 242944

that'll ruin your day....good you stuck it out and found it!

Thank you all so much. I would have been pretty mad if I paid someone to find something that simple. I'm glad I stuck it out as well. Paid off and gives me an idea of what steps to take if there is ever a next time. Thank you all again so much for the advise. Helped me to much trace this.

Just wrap the vapor port where mine & Tony's broke with duck tape & see if it goes away. I'm tellin ya man. I'd put money on it after dealing with mine.

Sent from my duck blind.
I'll try that. Its just weird because everything there looks fine. No cracks or stress marks. It looks great. I dusted it off and everything to make sure. But it does not hurt to try it. Now I have to wait until these rains subside.

Top Bottom