Need advice on lunch

trailraider

I have to admit I have been depressed for a bit about lunches.

It's really tough for me to decide what to eat for lunch everyday.
I need some advice

I can't eat samiches everyday, leftovers are alright but not everyday.
I have worked in the same place for 20 years , so everything is the same thing over and over and over.
we have limited options in the area
burgers
pizza
chicken

so how do you break the lunchtime blahs?

is it time to quit and find a new job where there is different options for lunch?

WJCO

Meme King
Would you be willing to do some meal prep on the weekends and take stuff with you for your lunch?

Brute

Hooked
pita and hummus, olives & charcuterie...Greek salads...leftover kalbi (which I could eat almost every day) & kimchee (and your coworkers won't bother you with kimchee breath)...anything grilled on a stick...

Masjkf84

Caught the Bug
probably won’t be much help but I got tired of lunches too. Mainly the always having to plan and/or think of it.

I just drink Huel all day. plenty of flavors and it’s stupid cheap in comparison to other healthy options.

trailraider

Would you be willing to do some meal prep on the weekends and take stuff with you for your lunch?
I should have mentioned I am lazy at making lunches too. lets just say it's my least favorite meal to plan and make. I am very demotivated by the very thought of lunch.

Spazbyt

Hooked
I have a jeep so its bowl of roman every day. Friday I splurge and get a Jimmy Johns sandwich delivered but that may have to stop now that its over 13 bucks!

jesse3638

Hooked
Same thing happens to me. I honestly went back to the basics and a good ol fashioned PB&J on whole wheat, chips, and some fruit. Its quick and easy to make and doesnt take much thought. Another option is a can of Campbell's soup if you have an iption to warm it up. I burned myself out on turkey sandwiches and was feeling really lazy too.

WJCO

Meme King
I should have mentioned I am lazy at making lunches too. lets just say it's my least favorite meal to plan and make. I am very demotivated by the very thought of lunch.
Do you care about eating healthy or not? I've focused on nutrition moreso in the last year more than ever in the last decade and have learned that if you're motivated enough, you can find just about anything you like, and can learn how to make it even healthier. From pizza to pancakes. Where there's a will, there's a way.

trailraider

Do you care about eating healthy or not? I've focused on nutrition moreso in the last year more than ever in the last decade and have learned that if you're motivated enough, you can find just about anything you like, and can learn how to make it even healthier. From pizza to pancakes. Where there's a will, there's a way.
I try to eat what I would classify as "healthy" , but it is a sliding scale. I try not to do processed foods very often . I did have a 5 guys burger and NO FRIES or soda ( healthier I guess?) today. Yesterday and Wednesday , I just went without lunch. I might try to line up the take out style containers and pre load Sundays with stuff like carrots and apples so I at least can snack. stuff that will sit good in the fridge for a week and I don't have to worry about it going bad.

trailraider

I literally eat leftovers every day. Learn to cook and cook well and your leftovers will be better than crap you could get eating out.
cooking is not an issue. My daughter is a chef by profession and is so because we never really ate out while she grew up. I just have no ambition to eat left overs. Don't get me wrong there are some that I eat , but once for a meal is enough for me usually.

Top Bottom