Napalm's NEW 2014 Jeep JKU Sport Picture diary/Build thread!

CCTX50

I ordered my Firestick 3' Antenna, spring, Coax from Right Channel Radios. Great price and were very nice to talk to over the phone. I ordered my Terra Flex spare tire antenna mount from Northridge. All worked out well and was easy to run all in the tailgate and to the front with very little coax showing. There are a lot of threads on here about CB's that are very informative. One thing I am going to do is ditch the spring and go with a quick disconnect.

Napalm

I ordered my Firestick 3' Antenna, spring, Coax from Right Channel Radios. Great price and were very nice to talk to over the phone. I ordered my Terra Flex spare tire antenna mount from Northridge. All worked out well and was easy to run all in the tailgate and to the front with very little coax showing. There are a lot of threads on here about CB's that are very informative. One thing I am going to do is ditch the spring and go with a quick disconnect.

I need to order a 2 inch antenna. But I want to relocate to the overhead position, I have it down here and it's hard to hear while on.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1430095394.644279.jpg

CCTX50

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1430096463.401883.jpg
I have the Rock Hard Sport Cage and my CB is mounted up on it. It is still low and covers about 50% of my rear view mirror. The radio I have now is a large radio. (Galaxy). I'm looking at going Uniden Bearcat 980. It is smaller and should open up the rear view.

Napalm

I have the Rock Hard Sport Cage and my CB is mounted up on it. It is still low and covers about 50% of my rear view mirror. The radio I have now is a large radio. (Galaxy). I'm looking at going Uniden Bearcat 980. It is smaller and should open up the rear view.

I have a Bearcat and it's pretty compact and lightweight. I'll play with location when I get some time!

Napalm

Terrible picture, but remounted the CB while at the FD tonight.

Didn't have time to wire, kept getting calls.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1430364886.286722.jpg

Napalm

Weather is supposed to be great the next few days, so I stripped down Onyx and enjoyed some open air. I also snapped a few more pictures of the new CB location.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1430413252.190324.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1430413263.560578.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1430413273.890842.jpg

For those who are curious, I used 2 self tapping screws and the mount provided by Uniden to mount the cb to the plastic piece near the footman loop.

In other news, I got some 1.5 inch spacers ordered this morning finally! I can't wait! A new mod!

ArmyofMike

Weather is supposed to be great the next few days, so I stripped down Onyx and enjoyed some open air. I also snapped a few more pictures of the new CB location.
For those who are curious, I used 2 self tapping screws and the mount provided by Uniden to mount the cb to the plastic piece near the footman loop.

In other news, I got some 1.5 inch spacers ordered this morning finally! I can't wait! A new mod!

Great job on the build! The spacers (and larger tires?) will look great on your rig! Thanks for sharing your build story!
M

Napalm

Great job on the build! The spacers (and larger tires?) will look great on your rig! Thanks for sharing your build story!
M

No larger tires at this point. But ever since I did the Evo level, my fenders seem to consume my tires shown well in this picture.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1430414707.442191.jpg
And this one
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1430414733.231815.jpg

Trying to get em spaced out so it doesn't appear as if my tires are being eaten by my fenders.

Thank you for the kind words!

ArmyofMike

I've been wanting (and NEEDING) some for so long that it's about it!!

With your tires, the spacers will help them look beefier for sure.

Here is a pic of mine AFTER the spacers. I forgot I had it! :yup:
(sorry to post a pic of my rig in your thread though).

20150404_123653[1].jpg

Nattier237

I'm in with everyone else...that will be the perfect mod for Onyx right now. Amazing how that 1.5" on each side makes it look beefier. Excited to see it!

Napalm

If I have to be at work on the weekend, at least Onyx can come to work naked.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1430580316.618510.jpg

Excited to get the spacers Monday for a beefier/wider stance.

Napalm

While digging through old pictures on my iPad today, I found this one of my very first 2008 Red JK, sporting a nice looking Project-JK sticker.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1430608697.943027.jpg

Top Bottom