Napalm's Billet Steel! The 2016 JKU Sport Build Thread and Picture Diary

:cheesy: Tom didn't even have time to pressure wash 'em off!? He was running out pretty quick, so quick he left half of his camp at hiddenfalls :cheesy:

Steel is going to be awesome!! :yup:

Man, I hated rushing out of there so quick. Didn't get any time back at camp to relax and mingle with the group. That 4 hour ride back was brutal without my doors and shorts lol.

Naplam, I feel bad for not cleaning them up. You got a little hidden falls inside your jeep now.

Man, I hated rushing out of there so quick. Didn't get any time back at camp to relax and mingle with the group. That 4 hour ride back was brutal without my doors and shorts lol.

Naplam, I feel bad for not cleaning them up. You got a little hidden falls inside your jeep now.

Hey, You do what you gotta do, and you made it happen! :thumb: I'm sure everyone is happy it all worked out! I'm just glad you still made the trip despite all of your "appointments" :yup:

Congrats! Steel is going to look sharp :)

Thank you. I can't wait!!

Good stuff! You definitely missed a good time at Hidden Falls this weekend. Looks like you'll be going with the experienced group for sure now.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Thanks Mike! I know.. while I was at a ranger game with good friends, I definitely would have preferred to be out on the trail. :)

:cheesy: Tom didn't even have time to pressure wash 'em off!? He was running out pretty quick, so quick he left half of his camp at hiddenfalls :cheesy:

Steel is going to be awesome!! :yup:

Hah he didn't! But I did pay extra for the Hidden Falls dirt. At least now I look like I wheel :) thank you, I'm psyched to get them on.

Tom, don't worry about it. You passed on a great deal and I couldn't be more pleased. I got them cleaned up this morning and vacuumed out all the Hidden Falls. :)

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Spent some quality time with Steel this morning. Washed all the exterior bugs and crap off from 600 road miles and then decided to clean out the interior. It was much easier with everything stripped off.
IMG_1475517986.455160.jpg
Next order of business was getting these new meats cleaned up. While they came home with a lot of Hidden Falls dirt, a clean off with soap and water(no power washer:() did these wheels and tires justice!
IMG_1475518067.312105.jpg
Now that they are clean, you can really see how great of shape they are in. This is a USED set of tires and wheels, but I am having trouble finding anything wrong with them other than normal wear.

They look to have about half if not even more than their tread life left. This is a testament to Tom's wheeling and cleaning skills keeping these things so clean and spotless, and the BFG KO2 and how great of a tire it is, even with a decent amount of miles on it.
IMG_1475518211.998869.jpg
After that was done, I decided to do some mock ups. Keep in mind, this is in my garage so the angles are terrible, but I couldn't resist.
IMG_1475518255.805078.jpg
IMG_1475518301.057327.jpg
IMG_1475518338.476805.jpg
IMG_1475518353.750523.jpg
IMG_1475518369.968346.jpg
These tires are big! About 3 inches larger than the stock sport tire. My 3.21 gears will love them! :)

All and all, I am very pleased with my purchase. This was a heck of a deal to get Steel on 35s. While they aren't brand new, they certainly will give me a few years of great use and when all was said and done, it was an even trade for my Rubicon wheels and tires. Hoping to have them mounted up tomorrow. :)
IMG_1475518498.978740.jpg

gonna need to cut him a little slack on the time.....also working camera, lighting, angle, background, composure, upload to computer, editing........and posting. lots to live up to from past photos....

Top Bottom